• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Facebook blocks sharing WP story

Simpletruther

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The Blaze is a blog, not a news organization, and no, Facebook isn't blocking things that make black people and liberals look bad.

The NY Post is a tabloid. And I'm not even sure what the blaze is.

On blm housing scandal.

They are getting pretty brazen in their targeting of and sensoring stories or opinions counter to various progressive agendas.

The lie that they don't do that is pathetic. I have zero respect for those trying to pretend it doesn't happen or deflect and refuse to acknowledge it.

Your title says "WP story". Your propaganda blog says NY Post story.

The problem is that the article contained personally identifying information, and they don't want you posting other people's personally identifying information.

Gotta protect the progressive agenda somehow.

See the above. You really shouldn't accept something as true just because it's about "the left" and bad, especially when it's not that conservative right wing fake victimhood crap.

:rolleyes:

If I were a conservative I would stop using Facebook. Just like because I am a liberal I no longer shop at Kroger or Walmart.

problem solved.

Just to take the blog angle out of it here is the NY Post reporting that social media is silencing its reporting.

Should we assume by the protestations over blogs and sources that people do actually realize censoring news stories is a bad thing?

On blm housing scandal.

They are getting pretty brazen in their targeting of and sensoring stories or opinions counter to various progressive agendas.

The lie that they don't do that is pathetic. I have zero respect for those trying to pretend it doesn't happen or deflect and refuse to acknowledge it.
Walk me thru this: you folks claim to be the party of personal responsibility but whine constantly if any news source doesn't report things as you want them reported. Tell us, what duty does a private company like FB have to report the news like you want? Does Fox news have to report things from the left leaning perspective I like? What about Alex Jones?
Or wait, maybe it's my decision to simply watch those sources or choose not to? But then not whine like a baby if they don't report as I would prefer?

The problem is that the article contained personally identifying information, and they don't want you posting other people's personally identifying information.

See the above. You really shouldn't accept something as true just because it's about "the left" and bad, especially when it's not that conservative right wing fake victimhood crap.

Nicely played.

Walk me thru this: you folks claim to be the party of personal responsibility but whine constantly if any news source doesn't report things as you want them reported. Tell us, what duty does a private company like FB have to report the news like you want? Does Fox news have to report things from the left leaning perspective I like? What about Alex Jones?
Or wait, maybe it's my decision to simply watch those sources or choose not to? But then not whine like a baby if they don't report as I would prefer?
Well, first they wasn't the topic. I never discussed their duty........at all nor was it the point at all.

However given they are exempt from certain personal responsibilities (law suites for libel and such) by declaring to be a platform rather than a content provider, they have a duty to act like a neutral platform.

Gotta protect the progressive agenda somehow.

BINGO!

Their agenda cannot stand up to logic or any thoughtful critique, therefore they have to protect it the same way some wacky fundamentalist religion goes about silencing dissent and burning books.

But Facebook will not see that or admit to it. They basically feel they know what is best and thefore that is the higher morality to them. They will tell you what you are allowed to think.

The problem is that the information of the real estate sale is public information recorded at the local government.
(titles and deeds? Though names are different state to state and even county to county).
Twitter is bullshitting their justification (as always).

The problem is that the information of the real estate sale is public information recorded at the local government.
(titles and deeds? Though names are different state to state and even county to county).
Twitter is bullshitting their justification (as always).
Plus there is no way they are consistently applying this rationale. Stories are constantly being shared about a celebrity's new house or whatever.
It mainly comes into play if it goes against a pet progressive agenda.

Back
Top Bottom