• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Extradition of Julian Assange undermines freedom of speech

I'm happy to get back on track

It is the first time a journalist / publisher has been charged using the Espionage Act afair. It is a dangerous precident

Ellberg got off with his disclosures because of illegal evidence gathering by the state. The same illegal attempts at evidence gathering have been used in the Assange case but it hasn't been thrown out nor is it likely that it will.

Assange has spent 22 months, of a 12 month sentence, ( how does that work ?) in a maximum security prison with terrorists and murderers for skipping bail. The whole thing smacks of revenge not justice

On 23 May 2019, a grand jury added 17 espionage charges related to his involvement with former US Army intelligence analyst Chelsea Manning, thus bringing a total of 18 federal charges against Assange in the US.[4][5] On 15 July 2019, CNN reported that Assange had used the Ecuadorian embassy to meddle in the 2016 US Presidential election and had met with Russian and various hackers from around the world to do so.[6]

Indictment and arrest of Julian Assange - Wikipedia

Extradite him to America to stand trial.

Him saying he'll kill himself isn't a big enough reason not to extradite him.

Europe has refused to extradite criminals other than Assange.

America will retaliate eventually, becoming a haven for European criminals who want to escape justice. Is Assange worth that to you?

Do you hate America that much?

On 23 May 2019, a grand jury added 17 espionage charges related to his involvement with former US Army intelligence analyst Chelsea Manning, thus bringing a total of 18 federal charges against Assange in the US.[4][5] On 15 July 2019, CNN reported that Assange had used the Ecuadorian embassy to meddle in the 2016 US Presidential election and had met with Russian and various hackers from around the world to do so.[6]

If he would be getting a fair trial there it might not be so bad but it is obvious he won't. His treatement thus far by Sweden and the UK smacks of revenge , not justice. Heaven help him if he ends up in the US imo

Not so sure he has actually threatened to kill himself. He has, it appears, had some suicidal thoughts, which isn't surprising given his treatment, ongoing. Do you have a quote of his to support you claim ?

And vice versa
America will retaliate eventually, becoming a haven for European criminals who want to escape justice. Is Assange worth that to you?

It's already a haven for criminals escaping justice in their own countries throughout the world and has been for years

I'm not a fan but regardless of that I think the case of Assange is presenting some dark scenarios that any rights minded people would do well to resist, whether they like the US or not.

[/QUOTE]

It has been decided by an English judge that Julian Assange will not be extradited to the Trump administration.

The UK has a bad track record with freedom of speech.
It no longer exists.
But again, what do you expect from a fascist dictatorship, Boris Pfeffel, another American, the present leader elected on and with corrupt media practices and racism!
Imagine there forefathers fighting two world wars and there future generations voting for the very thing, they fought!
And the absolute hypocrisy of it all, everything they two generations fought for, homes fit to live in, social security, hospital treatment free at the point of need...... they gave it all away!

It no longer exists.
But again, what do you expect from a fascist dictatorship, Boris Pfeffel, another American, the present leader elected on and with corrupt media practices and racism!
Imagine there forefathers fighting two world wars and there future generations voting for the very thing, they fought!
And the absolute hypocrisy of it all, everything they two generations fought for, homes fit to live in, social security, hospital treatment free at the point of need...... they gave it all away!
Yeah, I'm sorry it sucks for y'all over there, I'm rooting for you though.

The Manning hacks are, in fact, an attempted crime. Hillary Hacks was a leak of someone else's hacks (you and I can go back and forth about who actually hacked Hillary depending on political orientation, willingness to believe official narrative, etc. - is better saved for different thread in my opinion). The latter is the journalistic question, not the former.

The Manning hacks are, in fact, an attempted crime. Hillary Hacks was a leak of someone else's hacks (you and I can go back and forth about who actually hacked Hillary depending on political orientation, willingness to believe official narrative, etc. - is better saved for different thread in my opinion). The latter is the journalistic question, not the former.

Manning got dozens of Afghanistan and Iraqi people murdered when he revealed that they were working with America.

Someone needs to be held accountable for those murders.

Let us try Assange, if he's innocent, we'll let him go.

It's the European hatred of America that kept Europe from extraditing him.

Manning got dozens of Afghanistan and Iraqi people murdered when he revealed that they were working with America.

Someone needs to be held accountable for those murders.

Let us try Assange, if he's innocent, we'll let him go.

It's the European hatred of America that kept Europe from extraditing him.
There is no record of anyone being killed on account of the information provided by Julian Assange and published by several newspapers. Please let us know where you got your allegation that dozens were killed. It is a fiction.

According to what I've read (and granted, it was an interview with WikLeak's editor-in-chief, Hraffnsson (whose spelling I have butchered here)), the people making that allegation (mainly the DoD) had to admit under oath that there was no such damage. Thus, Jean-S is correct.

According to what I've read (and granted, it was an interview with WikLeak's editor-in-chief, Hraffnsson (whose spelling I have butchered here)), the people making that allegation (mainly the DoD) had to admit under oath that there was no such damage. Thus, Jean-S is correct.
It was also confirmed in evidence and noted by the Assange family representative at the Assange trial, by Craig Murray, the ex ambassador of England who highlighted bLair and Straws collusion in American torture.

^TheHighlanders, I believe that may have been part of the same thing, or you are referring to what I read. :Either way, your fact presented is sound.

Back
Top Bottom