• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Extradition of Julian Assange undermines freedom of speech

Wrong! As those forced to resign there commissions, there rank there jobs..... and no redress, indemic abuse.
Saudi.... Saudi, that dictatorship your politicians encourage to chop off heads of even children stoning women and men, chopping off hands etc! Let's just ignore they murder 3000 Americans, supposedly.
All software is controlled by the American banks through the Fed, how else can America and the aristocracy hide laundered heroin money? So credit card corruption is a financial tool! Millions of credit cards and personnel information was released on numberious occasions, by American banks, as they could make even more money!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_assault_in_the_United_States_military
And I have no time for wiki!
Yes, the Saudis are brutal a dictatorship, even more important to not release random information of innocent people, such as medical files of rape victims. And regardless what the banks do, releasing credit card details of innocent people is wrong, and of course ends up in the wrong hands.

the wholesale posting of secret information is not incredibly responsible IMO.

So you prefer that your country's military can carry on committing crimes abroad rather than be accountable to the people in whose name these crimes are done? Is it a case of you not having to consider the question ? Does it even put you in a position?

So you prefer that your country's military can carry on committing crimes abroad rather than be accountable to the people in whose name these crimes are done? Is it a case of you not having to consider the question ? Does it even put you in a position?

He was able to post it, but then also has to do the time that belongs to the crime.

Julian Assange committed no crime. Knock it off.

You might agree with his actions, but it remains a crime. So nope, not going to knock it off.

You might agree with his actions, but it remains a crime. So nope, not going to knock it off.
He was not convicted in a court of law and is considered not guilty in free countries.

He was not convicted in a court of law and is considered not guilty in free countries.

he did the crime, and the US is a free country and he broke their laws, again, you may not like it but reality is something that does not go away by wishes and ignoring it.

He was able to post it, but then also has to do the time that belongs to the crime.

What crime do you imagine was committed by Assange that isn't part of normal media protocol on any day of the week?

I get the impression that you would just rather not know about any crimes committed by your state and ,thus, in your name. Is this correct and the rel reason why you wish to see Assange jailed for decades for something that has been and remains , normal press freedom?

Europeans see Assange as a great hero who stood up to the hated America.

he did the crime, and the US is a free country and he broke their laws, again, you may not like it but reality is something that does not go away by wishes and ignoring it.
The United States has no jurisdiction over Julian Assange whom you have declared guilty. You have some neck.

Europeans see Assange as a great hero who stood up to the hated America.

:ROFLMAO:

Wikileaks had released dirt on many people in many nations, everywhere from Peru to Iceland.

The United States has no jurisdiction over Julian Assange whom you have declared guilty. You have some neck.

At the moment he is in the UK's jurisdiction and he is still at risk of being extradited. And I do think he is guilty, whether he will be found guilty is another thing. And yes, I have a neck, like most other people. But at least I am not a person who ignores reality and facts like those who have beatified this lawbreaker.

What crime do you imagine was committed by Assange that isn't part of normal media protocol on any day of the week?

I get the impression that you would just rather not know about any crimes committed by your state and ,thus, in your name. Is this correct and the rel reason why you wish to see Assange jailed for decades for something that has been and remains , normal press freedom?

Oh please, he did not hide in the embassy for 7 years or so because he "broke the normal media protocol on any day of the week.

Oh I want to know about the crimes of a government, but not at all costs or with no regard to the laws and safety of those mentioned in the documents.

Oh please, he did not hide in the embassy for 7 years or so because he "broke the normal media protocol on any day of the week.

I never said he broke normal media protocols, so please desist from attributing it to me by using quotation marks

Correct, he hid there because it was obvious a whole host of countries were being pressurized by the US into stitching him up so he could be extradicted to a country where he would not be given a fair trial and face a lifetime in prison.

Hysterical that you think he ran because he is guilty of something when the answer was staring you in the face all along. I suppose you would have just handed yourself in and happily sewn mailbags, alone, for the next 50 years or until you died. :rolleyes:

Oh I want to know about the crimes of a government, but not at all costs or with no regard to the laws and safety of those mentioned in the documents.

From what I recall, the safety of those people in the docs was protected by Assange and co and was only endangered by people later on.

What law do you think his actions broke and what evidence do you have that he broke ANY law?

I never said he broke normal media protocols, so please desist from attributing it to me by using quotation marks

Correct, he hid there because it was obvious a whole host of countries were being pressurized by the US into stitching him up so he could be extradicted to a country where he would not be given a fair trial and face a lifetime in prison.

Hysterical that you think he ran because he is guilty of something when the answer was staring you in the face all along. I suppose you would have just handed yourself in and happily sewn mailbags, alone, for the next 50 years or until you died. :rolleyes:

You wrote, and I quote:

So I did not put words in your mouth, I repeated your words back to you.

He hid because he feared the justice system in the US and the normal extradition system. And stitching him up? Sure, poor Assange, did nothing wrong, the saint of the Free Word.

The man is a piece of crap who helped Russia and Trump to win the 2016 election, freedom of speech is not freedom of consequences.

From what I recall, the safety of those people in the docs was protected by Assange and co and was only endangered by people later on.

What law do you think his actions broke and what evidence do you have that he broke ANY law?

1, Assange was accused of conspiracy to commit computer intrusion in order to help Chelsea Manning gain access to privileged information which he intended to publish on Wikileaks

2. A warrant issued to Google by the district court cited several crimes, including espionage, conspiracy to commit espionage, theft or conversion of property belonging to the United States government, violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act and general conspiracy.

You wrote, and I quote:
So I did not put words in your mouth, I repeated your words back to you.

You most certainly did not but don't have the decency to apologize for it even when it's pointed out to you. Poor form imho so I'll put the quote of mine next to the quote you attributed to me and the difference is clear.

Your quoting of me is underlined.................. " or because he "broke the normal media protocol on any day of the week." ............. there is even a question mark omission

Here's what I actually wrote

Poor form Peter and even poorer when you continue to deny it.

1, Assange was accused of conspiracy to commit computer intrusion in order to help Chelsea Manning gain access to privileged information which he intended to publish on Wikileaks

2. A warrant issued to Google by the district court cited several crimes, including espionage, conspiracy to commit espionage, theft or conversion of property belonging to the United States government, violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act and general conspiracy.

Right, so you have discovered the charges but have provided NIL evidence to support you claim that he is guilty.

Do you even believe in people getting a fair trial ?

It's looking more and more like you don't

Are you putting this forward in a bid to be considered as the presiding judge should Assange end up in the US facing charges?

But at least I am not a person who ignores reality and facts like those who have beatified this lawbreaker.

I am a social democrat, but the full release of all this data was irresponsible from Assange, he knowingly broke the law and now that has come home to bite him on the back.

Where's your evidence Peter?

Last edited:
Right, so you have discovered the charges but have provided NIL evidence to support you claim that he is guilty.

Do you even believe in people getting a fair trial ?

It's looking more and more like you don't

Are you putting this forward in a bid to be considered as the presiding judge should Assange end up in the US facing charges?

Where's your evidence Peter?

The things Wikileaks posted and the evidence mentioned in the Media. But I ask myself, what is your obsession with people thinking Assange committed a crime? You disagree with it which is fine, I just disagree with you on that. He committed a crime, not sure he will ever been prosecuted for it but that does not make the crime go away.

You most certainly did not but don't have the decency to apologize for it even when it's pointed out to you. Poor form imho so I'll put the quote of mine next to the quote you attributed to me and the difference is clear.

Your quoting of me is underlined.................. " or because he "broke the normal media protocol on any day of the week." ............. there is even a question mark omission

Here's what I actually wrote

Poor form Peter and even poorer when you continue to deny it.

I have nothing to apologize for.

So you deliberately misquote people( it was laid bare ) in an to attempt to misrepresent there positions and think you don't owe them an apology ?

:rolleyes:

The things Wikileaks posted and the evidence mentioned in the Media. But I ask myself, what is your obsession with people thinking Assange committed a crime? You disagree with it which is fine, I just disagree with you on that. He committed a crime, not sure he will ever been prosecuted for it but that does not make the crime go away.

It's obvious you haven't a clue what you are on about Peter.

You have been subject to the smear campaign and have him down as a criminal even though you have presented nothing in the way of evidence. The lame " evidence mentioned in the Media " just doesn't cut it

There is no " obsession with people thinking Assange committed a crime ", just a resistance to,

A. Government seeking to suppress the freedom of the media in our society

B the wish to see people given a fair trial

C The hiding from the public of crimes committed by governments of those people and done in their name. The lack of accountability of govt to their populace

If you don't see the lurch towards authoritarian rule in any of that, it's your choice , but the people who value the freedoms that have been so hard fought won will resist it and that begins with supporting the likes of Assange, Snowden, Ellsberg, Webb etc etc and not buying into establishment smear campaigns against people who wish to enlighten us as to what our govts get up to and do in our names

Except your declaration that Julian Assange broke some law which you overlook with the editors of half a dozen serious newspapers who let the public know of American war crimes.

So you deliberately misquote people( it was laid bare ) in an to attempt to misrepresent there positions and think you don't owe them an apology ?

:rolleyes:

I did not misquote you, I said why do you think he hid if you think he was just doing things that are part of normal journalistic behaviors. Which is what you stated when you wrote:

It's obvious you haven't a clue what you are on about Peter.

You have been subject to the smear campaign and have him down as a criminal even though you have presented nothing in the way of evidence. The lame " evidence mentioned in the Media " just doesn't cut it

There is no " obsession with people thinking Assange committed a crime ", just a resistance to,

A. Government seeking to suppress the freedom of the media in our society

B the wish to see people given a fair trial

C The hiding from the public of crimes committed by governments of those people and done in their name. The lack of accountability of govt to their populace

If you don't see the lurch towards authoritarian rule in any of that, it's your choice , but the people who value the freedoms that have been so hard fought won will resist it and that begins with supporting the likes of Assange, Snowden, Ellsberg, Webb etc etc and not buying into establishment smear campaigns against people who wish to enlighten us as to what our govts get up to and do in our names

Sure, me saying he committed a crime is the real crime here. He did what he was accused of. He just never stood trial because he hid in an embassy.

Snowden is not someone who made public specific information, he just was a whistle blower on the CIA, that is something I respect. Ellsberg was someone who was troubled by what he found out in his job and worked with the media to make that public. None of which is what Assange did. He might have had his moments but he also committed things that are totally outside the realm of honesty and journalistic endeavors.

Sorry, but I do not believe in the sainthood that some have placed on Assange. He did a specific crime, was charged with it, his co-conspirator was sent to jail for it and maybe he deserves jail. Not the 175 years of jail, that is just American idiocy with sentences like that.

But if you are not willing to do the time, you should not commit the crime.

Except your declaration that Julian Assange broke some law which you overlook with the editors of half a dozen serious newspapers who let the public know of American war crimes.

My comment has nothing to do with that and I am not going to apologize for having an opinion that you disagree with.

Back
Top Bottom