• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Exhibit ‘A’ DJT Second Impeachment

Cherry-picking!

Here’s is the transcript:

I read the entire speech..... As usual the media is making up something that does not exist.
What lawless action did Trump call for. Give me the exact quote from the speech!
I will help you there is none!

Here is what he did call for:

We’re going walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators, and congressmen and women.

I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.

I don’t think we have time to act nobly by impeaching again. Our Hospitals are ready to crash. With 4,000+ dying in a day from COVID, with parts of COVID relief running out in January and future months, we can’t have the Senate frozen with a trial. And then there’s the ongoing Russian hack and no Cabinet.

McConnell’s home was stormed by Trump’s SS. Reich-wing militias occupied the premises of the Kentucky Capitol yesterday. It’s now out of hand across other states.

FYI - CNN reporter is claiming a Censure will not prevent Trump from attaining office in the future.

Turley: Swift new impeachment would damage the Constitution

Democrats are seeking to remove Trump on the basis of his remarks to supporters before the rioting at the Capitol. Like others, I condemned those remarks as he gave them, calling them reckless and wrong. I also opposed the challenges to electoral votes in Congress. But his address does not meet the definition for incitement under the criminal code. It would be viewed as protected speech by the Supreme Court.

The legal standard for violent speech is found with Clarence Brandenburg versus Ohio. As a free speech advocate, I criticized that 1969 case and its dangerously vague standard. But even it would treat the remarks of Trump as protected under the First Amendment. With that case, the government is able to criminalize speech “directed to inciting or producing imminent lawless action and is likely to incite or produce such action.”

There was no call for lawless action by Trump. Instead, there was a call for a protest at the Capitol. Moreover, violence was not imminent, as the vast majority of the tens of thousands of protesters were not violent before the march, and most did not riot inside the Capitol.
Like many violent protests in the last four years, criminal conduct was carried out by a smaller group of instigators. Capitol Police knew of the march but declined an offer from the National Guard since they did not view violence as likely.

So Congress is now seeking an impeachment for remarks covered by the First Amendment. It would create precedent for the impeachment of any president blamed for violent acts of others after using reckless language.
Thank you for that common sense from an intelligent man, Common Sense 1. Unfortunately, most of our fellow DP members aren't interested in common sense.

The media won't tell you that president said this in his speech on Jan 6th.

We’re going walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators, and congressmen and women.

I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.

Sounds about right.Because americans fully know who stands for Insurrection.
We've only been exposed all summer.In Liberal run cities.Dint seem to bug
any Democrat too mush.They completely forgot to bring it up at their DNC convention.
And Colluding ,whether it's Russia or China.
Trump is very open about his feeling.Yes,he has a very excitable way to denounce
what he feels is Unamerican.But he's never Unamerican.
That is what a majority of americans understand and like.Why wouldn't they. ?
Because this Biden and Harris movement depend udderwise.?
You bet yer bippy.

I read the entire speech..... As usual the media is making up something that does not exist.
What lawless action did Trump call for. Give me the exact quote from the speech!
I will help you there is none!

Here is what he did call for:

Where’s the beef?

Today I will lay out just some of the evidence proving that we won this election, and we won it by a landslide. This was not a close election. I say sometimes jokingly, but there’s no joke about it, I’ve been in two elections. I won them both and the second one, I won much bigger than the first.

Thank you for that common sense from an intelligent man, Common Sense 1. Unfortunately, most of our fellow DP members aren't interested in common sense.
Conservatives seem to be big believers in "common sense." Other ways to phrase it are "group sense," "group thinking," and "group consensus." Conservatives tend to enforce traditional ~values.

You might teach young children common sense: If you touch a hot stove, you will be burned. Common sense is a horribly insufficient way to look at complex/complicated issues. Yet that seems to be how conservatives want to govern: using horribly insufficient common sense.

FYI - CNN reporter is claiming a Censure will not prevent Trump from attaining office in the future.

Yeah right Bub.Because CNN is so trustworthy.Um ... what was yer score on an SAT test.
Or ACT.Or did you mail it in as part of some public school project.
And was signed by yer teach ... Miss McGillicuddy.

I don’t care about Trump attaining office in the future.
He’ll never be as popular as he was on 11/3 anyway.

I care about the present moment and the monumental problems the Biden admin inherits, too frighteningly numerous to name.

DEMs don’t know how to play the long game. Short-term gain for long-term pain. Make the GOP take a much more difficult Censure vote.

Let’s freeze the Senate so they can’t act on critical bills in Biden’s first 100 days nor approve any of his Cabinet.

Conservatives seem to be big believers in "common sense." Other ways to phrase it are "group sense," "group thinking," and "group consensus." Conservatives tend to enforce traditional ~values.

You might teach young children common sense: If you touch a hot stove, you will be burned. Common sense is a horribly insufficient way to look at complex/complicated issues. Yet that seems to be how conservatives want to govern: using horribly insufficient common sense.

Where on earth did you learn that.Makes as much sense as saying some day
2 + 2 Can = 5.If one puts their mind to it.
Do you even realize that the human mind may never be able to comprehend :
Infinity

I don’t care about Trump attaining office in the future.
He’ll never be as popular as he was on 11/3 anyway.

I care about the present moment and the monumental problems the Biden admin inherits, too frighteningly numerous to name.

DEMs don’t know how to play the long game. Short-term gain for long-term pain. Make the GOP take a much more difficult Censure vote.

Let’s freeze the Senate so they can’t act on critical bills in Biden’s first 100 days nor approve any of his Cabinet.

Forgetting that we have what is considered History.Which of course the left is
feverishly trying to Rewrite.Like with the Ludicrous 1619 Project.
Think of the left as if Napoleon and Snowball the 2 uppity pigs in
Orwells - Animal Farm -.
Because that is how a Biden Adm. is already thinking.

Ask another Leftist brainiac how long Levin's best Seller was on the
New York Times best seller list.Which in and of itself is practically an
act of God.That book being :
- Unfreedom of the Press - { 2019 }
There's a sucker born every minute.

Infinity
You can't?

Is it just you? Or is it hard for some people or what?

Turley: Swift new impeachment would damage the Constitution

Democrats are seeking to remove Trump on the basis of his remarks to supporters before the rioting at the Capitol. Like others, I condemned those remarks as he gave them, calling them reckless and wrong. I also opposed the challenges to electoral votes in Congress. But his address does not meet the definition for incitement under the criminal code. It would be viewed as protected speech by the Supreme Court.

The legal standard for violent speech is found with Clarence Brandenburg versus Ohio. As a free speech advocate, I criticized that 1969 case and its dangerously vague standard. But even it would treat the remarks of Trump as protected under the First Amendment. With that case, the government is able to criminalize speech “directed to inciting or producing imminent lawless action and is likely to incite or produce such action.”

There was no call for lawless action by Trump. Instead, there was a call for a protest at the Capitol. Moreover, violence was not imminent, as the vast majority of the tens of thousands of protesters were not violent before the march, and most did not riot inside the Capitol.
Like many violent protests in the last four years, criminal conduct was carried out by a smaller group of instigators. Capitol Police knew of the march but declined an offer from the National Guard since they did not view violence as likely.

So Congress is now seeking an impeachment for remarks covered by the First Amendment. It would create precedent for the impeachment of any president blamed for violent acts of others after using reckless language.
Turley is a hack

You make reasonable and compelling arguments. I'm not sure if a non-impeachment censure can prevent Trump for ever attaining office, but that seems to be the big concern here. Then there's the need to do it to show sedition will not be tolerated, in order to act as a prophylactic for Trump or future Presidents.

To play politics, rather than act nobly & altruistically, could have it's own dangers. The Dems got substantive support & respect for doing the right thing with the first impeachment.
As they will for the second. This 'rally' of trump's on wednesday is just too much to ignore and brush under the carpet. It needs a response and impeachment is the proper response for this single transgression.

Forgetting that we have what is considered History.Which of course the left is
feverishly trying to Rewrite.Like with the Ludicrous 1619 Project.
Think of the left as if Napoleon and Snowball the 2 uppity pigs in
Orwells - Animal Farm -.
Because that is how a Biden Adm. is already thinking.
Pathetic Projection of who is rewriting history. Trump’s SS Reich-wing mouthpieces continue with their ‘big lies’.

Infinity
I didn't have to learn about "common sense," I analyzed the phrase myself, understand what common sense refers to, and know that conservatives try to use the phrase to diminish others.

So-called common sense is a fallacy that has been foisted on us by our culture of ideology (any ideology that wants to tell us what we should think and do) that prefers us to be stupid, ill-informed, and poor decision-makers. Common sense is even used as an ideological cudgel by conservatives in which so-called coastal elites lack sense and, as a result, are out of touch with "real Americans" who apparently have an abundance of common sense.

As they will for the second. This 'rally' of trump's on wednesday is just too much to ignore and brush under the carpet. It needs a response and impeachment is the proper response for this single transgression.

So then according to that logic, Harris is 5 times more guilty that
Trump for inciting Violence.Because Trump never applauded let alone
approved of Violence.Whereas Harris did Just That with her statement months ago
regarding BLM and Antifa :
" They're not going to stop.This is a Movement.
They're not going to let up and they should not let up. "
That included Federal bldgs. and virtually storming and taking over
an entire Police Precinct.Plus she helped raise money for bailing out
BLM and Antifa members.
Which is why so few Inciters and Mob were jailed.They got bail almost
immediately.

Back
Top Bottom