• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Evidence for ivermectin

You have probably heard that ivermectin should not be used for treating covid, and that it's a horse de-wormer. Well here is a clinical trial published in The Lancet that found it effective: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/eclinm/article/PIIS2589-5370(20)30464-8/fulltext
You looked at the sample size, right?

And these were patients with no comorbidities...so they were extremely low risk for anything more than a mild case.

The anecdotal info in the countries that did rely on ivermectin is what should give you pause.

You have probably heard that ivermectin should not be used for treating covid, and that it's a horse de-wormer. Well here is a clinical trial published in The Lancet that found it effective: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/eclinm/article/PIIS2589-5370(20)30464-8/fulltext
That is nice.

Now, just get vaccinated, wear a mask and hope everyone does the same then we will be done with this stupid pandemic, like we COULD have been if everyone got vaccinated from the get-go.............for the love of.......

And these were patients with no comorbidities...so they were extremely low risk for anything more than a mild case.

The anecdotal info in the countries that did rely on ivermectin is what should give you pause.
Yeah, too bad the assholes squashed the research on it so we can know for sure. With the rabid, frothing mouthed cancel culture out there - who would attempt it now?

That is nice.

Now, just get vaccinated, wear a mask and hope everyone does the same then we will be done with this stupid pandemic, like we COULD have been if everyone got vaccinated from the get-go.............for the love of.......
Every study using ivermectin has been flawed in some way. It has neither been proven nor disproven to be effective. This trial was well designed but it has been put on hold unfortunately. They claim it’s a supply issue:

That is nice.

So if everyone were vaccinated yet the vaccinated can still spread the virus - how again does that work to make the pandemic "done"?

Yeah, too bad the assholes squashed the research on it so we can know for sure. With the rabid, frothing mouthed cancel culture out there - who would attempt it now?
Oxford
Let’s hope they are able to complete the study so we can get a solid answer either way

The Lancet is pretty explicit about not taking this stuff as proof for the efficacy of Ivermectin...

There have been many other positive studies of ivermectin, as well as great success in clinical use. I am posting as I read RFK Jr.'s book on Fauci. Pretty soon I should get to the part where Fauci shuts down research on and use of ivermectin. Stay tuned.

Maybe I missing something but all the study found was that loss of smell in the invermectin recepients went away in about half the time as opposed to those who didn’t get ivermectin.

That of itself is pretty underwhelming

She has no idea what that study reported out on, LOL

And it was pre-Delta, it took place July-Sept 2020 and was published almost a yr ago, Feb 2021.

There have been many other positive studies of ivermectin, as well as great success in clinical use. I am posting as I read RFK Jr.'s book on Fauci. Pretty soon I should get to the part where Fauci shuts down research on and use of ivermectin. Stay tuned.
And again, I ask you about RFK's book, how many of the idiotic fringe theories he puts out have been peer reviewed?

Ivermectin is horse dewormer, works great if your horse is full of parasites....otherwise, its shit.

I read the link.
Not really any 'evidence' showing it to be effective.
It used patients with non-severe COVID-19 and no risk factors for complicated disease.
It was administered early AFTER disease onset.
It was mildly effective in treating anosmia/hyposmia (i.e the loss of the sense of smell).
Not really considered a major or dangerous symptom of the disease.

Maybe I missing something but all the study found was that loss of smell in the invermectin recepients went away in about half the time as opposed to those who didn’t get ivermectin.

That of itself is pretty underwhelming

"a marked reduction of self-reported anosmia/hyposmia, a reduction of cough and a tendency to lower viral loads and lower IgG titers"

Back
Top Bottom