• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [3:30 PM CDT] - in 25 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

European forests near carbon saturation point

Today we are able to produce car´s with nearly 1 liter per 100km usage. (Have a look on VW L1.)
It´s more ecological to produce and use such cars with combustion engines, than to drive with an electric car.

What is better: To drive a car with solar electricity and to need coal-made-electricity for washing-machines or to drive a car with coal-made-electricity an use solar electricity for the washing-maschine?

As long as we need coal-made-electricity it is not very eco-friendly to use solar electricity for driving cars.

My car with combustion engine produce in normal use 107g CO2 per km (it´s a Citroen C1). In tests a Toyota Prius Hybrid produce in normal use 160g CO2 per km...
The problem by Toyota Prius is, that 56g CO2 per km is theoretical. Electicity is calculated with 0g CO2. In winter the batteries are not very useable and so it drives in winter more with the combustion engine. And in fact of this all it produce more CO2 than normal combustion motor cars in reality.

In Summer an electrical Citroen C1 need about 15 KW/h per 100 km. That´s cheap.
But in winter it need about 40 KW/h per 100 km, cause the batteries loose energy, and that is not cheap.

Oil and Coal will run out.. especially oil. That will drive prices up. The more oil/coal we use now, the less we have in the future. Hence delaying that must be a priority no? So why not switch over as much as possible to solar energy where and when we can?

Not only do we push money into renewable technology, but we give ourselves time to perfect it or another source of energy. So what if it costs more, we are talking about our energy production.. something we cant live without, and we have been living in a hole of ignorance for 50 years thanks to the oil/coal industries. If every home in high sun areas had solar panels on their roofs, then we could save a bunch of coal/oil during the day could we not?

So what if it costs more, we are talking about our energy production.. something we cant live without, and we have been living in a hole of ignorance for 50 years thanks to the oil/coal industries. If every home in high sun areas had solar panels on their roofs, then we could save a bunch of coal/oil during the day could we not?
I agree but a combustion engine doesn´t imply that it have to be unecological.

You can also drive an combustion engine car with biogas or ethanol.

Someone told me, that if you seize the whole sahara with solar panels the climate worming will grow in a fast way, cause the black ground will also warm up the world.

You live in Spain. Do any neighbour of You want to have a black roof on his house? Why do they prefer white roofs? - The reason is, that a black roof will warm up and white roofs do not warm up.

Last edited:
I agree but a combustion engine doesn´t imply that it have to be unecological.

You can also drive an combustion engine car with biogas or ethanol.

Yes, but that technology has been politically sabotaged by the car and oil industry, so there has been next to no innovation in those areas for decades.

Someone told me, that if you seize the whole sahara with solar panels the climate worming will grow in a fast way, cause the black ground will also warm up the world.

Hmm white reflects no? Black warms up yes.. but so what? It only warms up the panels and the area around them and it is already hot in the sahara... just saying. Reflecting the heat away, aka with white, would heat up the atmosphere.. which is why ice ages over time stop because of the heating coming from the mass white ice sheets. Or maybe I am getting that wrong.. /shrug. I do know that black cars use more fuel because of air conditioning, because they heat up faster and that the reason that most houses have dark roofts is to heat the home and lower fuel usage during winter.

Hmm white reflects no? Black warms up yes.. but so what? It only warms up the panels and the area around them and it is already hot in the sahara... just saying. Reflecting the heat away, aka with white, would heat up the atmosphere.. which is why ice ages over time stop because of the heating coming from the mass white ice sheets. Or maybe I am getting that wrong.. /shrug. I do know that black cars use more fuel because of air conditioning, because they heat up faster and that the reason that most houses have dark roofts is to heat the home and lower fuel usage during winter.
You are wrong. Ice Ages are so long cause the light of the sun are then reflected. It doesn´t heat up the world, it keep the world cold.
Just ashes of vulcanology or meteor impact can reverse it.

Back
Top Bottom