• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

EU: Green economy the solution to Europe’s job crisis

That's nice, but building 2 power sources for 2 different seasons is quite expensive. You know it costs money to run those things.

Yes, but most RES come for free and the sunshine during the summer is ~1 kW per sq. m. You don't have to shovel coal or drill deep, just collect what the sky provides.

Yes, but most RES come for free and the sunshine during the summer is ~1 kW per sq. m. You don't have to shovel coal or drill deep, just collect what the sky provides.

Yes and how amazing it is that coal is still cheaper with all that shoveling and drilling, than free sunshine. That galactic paradox of paradoxes must really stump you Greens.

Yes and how amazing it is that coal is still cheaper with all that shoveling and drilling, than free sunshine. That galactic paradox of paradoxes must really stump you Greens.

Sure it's cheap. Nuclear power is also cheap at a glance as soon as no major accident like Chernobyl or Fukushima happens. How about that nasty nuclear waste?
Coal has it's own problems, sustainability for example. OK, you can burn coal bur for how long - 30, 50, 100, 500 years? Then what?

Sure it's cheap. Nuclear power is also cheap at a glance as soon as no major accident like Chernobyl or Fukushima happens. How about that nasty nuclear waste?
Coal has it's own problems, sustainability for example. OK, you can burn coal bur for how long - 30, 50, 100, 500 years? Then what?

Than you get your Green Paradise of windmills and those other things, solar panels. Why don't you just chill.

Than you get your Green Paradise of windmills and those other things, solar panels. Why don't you just chill.
Too busy recovering from particulates in the lungs and mercury poisoning ($20,000 medical bill). I'm installing the whole house air filtration system next week ($2000 + $100/yr) but the new filtration system for the car ($500 + $50/yr) won't be here for another month. Meanwhile, I'm hoping my grandson will eventually grow out of his pollution induced asthma condition ($1200/yr, maybe for life). Yes, that coal plant provides such cheap power ...

LOL!

the center

Hmm the centre... okay... so you are saying that Madrid, Valencia and Barcelona have the same weather as New York? And that because it rains then it is not a good idea to have alternative energy like solar?

Not really. So it's on the same latitude of Virginia to Boston, with New York being the average

And you are hedging everything on latitude thing right?

I live at latitude 35-6ish... Los Angeles is latitude 34ish, Las Vegas at 36. Oh and New York is at 40... so are you still claiming that I dont live near the same latitude as Los Angeles?

Not that latitude actually matters.. which you should know.. with out the gulf stream, the weather in New York would be much different... So how many days of 40+ degrees does New York have each year? Madrid has it most of the summer... and yes that is in celsius.

No you're not.

Ever heard of the Mediterranean climate zone? And you do know that where I live is part of the area, just as California is?

We average 3000+ sunshine hours a year, which means 300+ days of sunshine.... are you claiming that New York receives the same amount?

And are you claiming that because we have a rainy season where it does rain like cats and dogs (wtb some at the moment!!!!.. damn sunny days and no water)... then we should not invest in solar energy here or any where else where there is 300+ days of sunshine a year? It rains in the Sahara too once in a while, so no go there either? How about Arizona? Or Texas? Or New Mexico? 300+ days of sunshine many places there, but no go for solar?

And finally answer me this... why should you not harness the power of the sun in areas where sunshine is abundant most of the year? I am not saying to get rid of alternatives like coal, but why not use as much sunshine power when we can and use the alternatives when there is no sunshine?

It is not cheaper if you add up all the costs associated with coal, oil and other fossil fuels.

It is not cheaper if you add up all the costs associated with coal, oil and other fossil fuels.

Gee that's funny, last time I checked coal it is still far cheaper than anything else even when anything else gets far more subsidies PER KILLOWATT HOUR.

Too busy recovering from particulates in the lungs and mercury poisoning ($20,000 medical bill). I'm installing the whole house air filtration system next week ($2000 + $100/yr) but the new filtration system for the car ($500 + $50/yr) won't be here for another month. Meanwhile, I'm hoping my grandson will eventually grow out of his pollution induced asthma condition ($1200/yr, maybe for life). Yes, that coal plant provides such cheap power ...

LOL!

Boy aint you the plastic bubble family.

Yes, that coal plant provides such cheap power ...

Exactly!
When people die in war zones or homicides, you get tons of media coverage and screaming around. But when tens and hundreds of people die silently every day because of air pollution and such, nobody gives a damn.

Hey, Yo, Amigo, look at google earth, you aint at Los Angeles latitude .

Where do you think I got the numbers...

And latitude means jack ****. Climate is key.. I have the same climate as Los Angeles on average. 300+ days of sunshine. Funny how you totally ignore this part that utterly destroys the point you tried to make.... whatever that point actual was.

Last edited:
Gee that's funny, last time I checked coal it is still far cheaper than anything else even when anything else gets far more subsidies PER KILLOWATT HOUR.

Coal gets tons of subsidies from the US government. The pollution cost of coal and environmental impact of coal is NOT in the Cost per kilowatt hour, hence the true cost of coal is much much higher than the advertised by the coal industry and their government henchmen.

Coal gets tons of subsidies from the US government. The pollution cost of coal and environmental impact of coal is NOT in the Cost per kilowatt hour, hence the true cost of coal is much much higher than the advertised by the coal industry and their government henchmen.

Oh it's one of them unquantifiable thing you Greenheads make up.

Where do you think I got the numbers...

And latitude means jack ****. Climate is key.. I have the same climate as Los Angeles on average. 300+ days of sunshine. Funny how you totally ignore this part that utterly destroys the point you tried to make.... whatever that point actual was.

Climate means jack, it's the latitude that counts.

Exactly!
When people die in war zones or homicides, you get tons of media coverage and screaming around. But when tens and hundreds of people die silently every day because of air pollution and such, nobody gives a damn.

Oh boohoo........

Back
Top Bottom