• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

EU Foreign Aid

When you come back from the parallel universe you seem to be inhabiting, you may notice that as a result of failed policies and lack of EU-focus on economic integration the net-result of the Euro has unfortunately - been to drive parts of Europe further apart economically, instead of integrating them.

You have got to be kidding? Where have you been the last 50 years? Drive parts of Europe further apart? Which? I am not denying there have been failed policies, because there are always failed policies in any country or organisation, but come on compared to the successful ones.. they are relatively minimal.

I understand you are having trouble actually reading and understanding everything I write, instead of going for kneejerk reactions.

When exactly is Turkey going to become a member? In a few hundred years? It's simply not a realistic possibility and everybody knows it.

Irrelevant if Turkey is going to be a member or not.. the official policy of the EU and its member nations is to aspire to make Turkey and Serbia part of the EU at some point. As long as that is official policy, then the aid will continue.

And no, I dont want Turkey in its present condition to be a member of the EU... nor Serbia.

Yes, in your type of thinking the so-called "Millenium Goal" is a "fact" instead of a political objective or opinion (which it really is).

LOL come on.. the UN Millennium goals are facts and most countries have signed up for them... EVERYTHING is a freaking political objective when talking politics.. gezz. It is a political objective to use 0.7% of GDP on international aid for all those that have signed up for it.. big deal.

You are the one denying facts because they happen not to fit into your political opinion and hatred towards the EU.

LOL come on.. the UN Millennium goals are facts and most countries have signed up for them... EVERYTHING is a freaking political objective when talking politics.. gezz. It is a political objective to use 0.7% of GDP on international aid for all those that have signed up for it.. big deal.

You are the one denying facts because they happen not to fit into your political opinion and hatred towards the EU.

As I surmised you don't have even an elementary understanding of what a fact is.

Irrelevant if Turkey is going to be a member or not.. the official policy of the EU and its member nations is to aspire to make Turkey and Serbia part of the EU at some point. As long as that is official policy, then the aid will continue.

And no, I dont want Turkey in its present condition to be a member of the EU... nor Serbia.

So it's irrelevant if Turkey will ever be a member or not but still all aid is linked to membership? I guess this is what you see as "logic"?

You have got to be kidding? Where have you been the last 50 years? Drive parts of Europe further apart? Which? I am not denying there have been failed policies, because there are always failed policies in any country or organisation, but come on compared to the successful ones.. they are relatively minimal.

The last 50 years? I'm talking about the last 10 years, which have seen an enormous deepening of divisions between European countries at the social-economic level. Facts really seem to be something totally foreign to you.

Back
Top Bottom