• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Escape from America

Nice dodge of the other facts, who cares about the little man you speak of, that was exactly not the point.
Don't mix your points with partisan crap next time if you want them responded to. As for material wealth, it is rather amazing what we take for granted here. Capitalism works, but it also corrupts and destroys itself. It is a necessary step on a greater path and this is no utopia. That involves everyone sharing equally for the most part, and that's not America.

As for the 'little man' known as Our President. apparently you care since you are the one to both mention and dismiss him.

I'm actually planning my escape from America.

Which despots would that be?

The ones who have the money to hire the organized people with no jobs in the US--you know, if they weren't too busy skiing in the Alps collecting buckets of money from China to care ;)

Don't mix your points with partisan crap next time if you want them responded to. As for material wealth, it is rather amazing what we take for granted here. Capitalism works, but it also corrupts and destroys itself. It is a necessary step on a greater path and this is no utopia. That involves everyone sharing equally for the most part, and that's not America.

As for the 'little man' known as Our President. apparently you care since you are the one to both mention and dismiss him.

I do not listen to authoritarian commands/demands and certainly do not want your advice on how to debate. Capitalism does not have to corrupt nor destroy itself... it mainly depends on what kind of government we currently have in place, how they manage and referee. And you are right there is no utopia and I am right that what we currently have would have been beyond their wildest dreams of utopia... it just is not utopia.

Yup, he is the little man that is helping to make this a bad government who is mismanaging and refereeing completely at odds with our short term or long term benefit. so, yeah, I care.

This is a small percentage of the total of expats abroad, but it's just one more sign that regulation and taxation has gotten out of hand. It's how the government created modern day Detroit.

Its almost as if citizenship has both benefits and responsibilities.

People leaving the country and renouncing their citizenship is only a "sign that regulation and taxation has gotten out of hand" if you already buy the idea that both have gotten out of hand. For those of us who believe the opposite, this is a sign that some people really are just greedy ****s. And I really am happy they are leaving. Good riddance.

Sounds like a good ..."outrage-speech"...but the reality is no new laws have been created.
All that's happening is an enforcement of the existing laws and this initiative started in 2001.
People are giving up their citizenship ...more because the reality is .... it's not worth that much.

America is a 20th century country ...and we're in the 21st century. This may come clear to you in another decade or so when catch yourself talking about the greatness of America ....and all you can talk about are events that occurred in the 20th century.

Back
Top Bottom