• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

End of the world

Are we in the end times? (Read OP)

• 25 or under, yes.

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • I'm 25 or under, no.

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Over 25, yes.

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Over 25, no.

Votes: 28 52.8%
  • Other (in case I missed something)

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters
Okay, out of curiosity I got the answer to my own question.

This is from Wikipedia, an article titled "2012 phenomenon".

Ahh, that explains the economic woes we are in atm...

:mrgreen:

Okay, out of curiosity I got the answer to my own question.

This is from Wikipedia, an article titled "2012 phenomenon".

There's certainly some differences of opinion among scientists, for sure. I watched a special on the Discovery channel that explained it all very well. Most of the scientists agreed that the winter solstice of 2012 is indeed very special, but they differed on what the possible outcomes of such an alignment could/would be. Most figure nothing's gonna happen, of course. Many concede to the *possibility*, though. I'm not overly concerned, and I'm not saying anyone should be. After all, what's the point of worrying? If something catastrophic happens, there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it anyway, so why waste energy worrying about it? :lol:

However, what I am saying is that the Mayan were absolutely remarkable astronomers using only the naked eye. They predicted [plotted] this galactic event using no tools whatsoever other than the naked eye, observations, and calculations. So, it is a little more than "that's just when their calendar ended". It ends on a very precise date during a very precise event.

November, 2012: Obama wins a second term, and Fox news implodes, thus causing a black hole into which the known universe is sucked. End of the world.

November, 2012: Obama wins a second term, and Fox news implodes, thus causing a black hole into which the known universe is sucked. End of the world.

This is the most plausible reasoning to explain the end of the world I have ever heard.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…