• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Elon Musk named sole director of Twitter, dissolves board

Nice assumption. You know what they say about people who assume. It seems to apply here.

Sorry pal, I actually have 40 years experience in business as an entrepreneur and with mergers/acquisitions, turnarounds and start-ups, much of it in the tech industry.

I can tell you from my M&A experience the acquisition step was pure amateur hour. I was never involved in a deal that compelled us to complete the transaction. The normal steps were a non-binding letter of intent, due diligence where if we saw anything we did not like we could walk away, negotiation of a purchase agreement which was laden with sellers representations of any thing that spooked us, with a warranty provision that allowed adjustments to the purchase price or clawbacks should the reps not b met. Yes, there might be a break-up fee introduced maybe at the LOI or later stage that would compensate the seller for their time if we walked away, but we could always walk. Musk failed to negotiate any exits for himself or negotiate that the purchase was dependent on satisfactory due diligence. Not impressive.

While, it is my personal opinion that he is flailing (I am being kind -- he may be driving one of the most spectacular business failures in history), there are plenty of others that see the same thing:

https://www.businessinsider.com/elo...twitter-workers-attorney-lawsuit-2022-11?op=1

So you chose to challenge me by attacking me personally. Do you have anything substantive to support your point that Musk is not flailing or are you just another weak DP poster that has no clue about the subject he chooses to post, but posts anyway? Please, help us see Musk's genius, because its not obvious to most of the world.
He also bought it with an insane debt load and the banks are trying to offload the TERM LOAN at 60 OID lmaooo

The TL is S+475 (7.64% at today's 90-day SOFR) and once the bonds are syndicated they're going to have insane coupons. Doesn't help to say your company is possibly going bankrupt in a year when you're trying to raise capital.

Musk should have carried a toilet, instead of a sink, to his first day on the job……….
I agree. It's a symbol of where Trump tweeted from when he was president.

Nice assumption. You know what they say about people who assume. It seems to apply here.

Sorry pal, I actually have 40 years experience in business as an entrepreneur and with mergers/acquisitions, turnarounds and start-ups, much of it in the tech industry.

I can tell you from my M&A experience the acquisition step was pure amateur hour. I was never involved in a deal that compelled us to complete the transaction. The normal steps were a non-binding letter of intent, due diligence where if we saw anything we did not like we could walk away, negotiation of a purchase agreement which was laden with sellers representations of any thing that spooked us, with a warranty provision that allowed adjustments to the purchase price or clawbacks should the reps not b met. Yes, there might be a break-up fee introduced maybe at the LOI or later stage that would compensate the seller for their time if we walked away, but we could always walk. Musk failed to negotiate any exits for himself or negotiate that the purchase was dependent on satisfactory due diligence. Not impressive.

While, it is my personal opinion that he is flailing (I am being kind -- he may be driving one of the most spectacular business failures in history), there are plenty of others that see the same thing:

https://www.businessinsider.com/elo...twitter-workers-attorney-lawsuit-2022-11?op=1

So you chose to challenge me by attacking me personally. Do you have anything substantive to support your point that Musk is not flailing or are you just another weak DP poster that has no clue about the subject he chooses to post, but posts anyway? Please, help us see Musk's genius, because its not obvious to most of the world.
Yawn. So you say...

Yawn. So you say...

What a waste of cyberspace. You have no rebuttal; you have no substance. I asked if you had anything of substance to tell us the Musk is doing a great job with Twitter. You do not. If you can't keep up with me, don't post. I like more substantive posters that actually have a point. You apparently have none.

BTW, my DP home page has my full bio. I posted it in 2011. What I told you about my experience I already posted here 11 years ago.

What a waste of cyberspace. You have no rebuttal; you have no substance. I asked if you had anything of substance to tell us the Musk is doing a great job with Twitter. You do not. If you can't keep up with me, don't post. I like more substantive posters that actually have a point. You apparently have none.

BTW, my DP home page has my full bio. I posted it in 2011. What I told you about my experience I already posted here 11 years ago.
The waste is your claim of competence in an area you have displayed less than no competence.

Admittedly, many give a good impression of stupid, and many certainly are (at least when it comes to politics).
(cut for space)

White people know racist when they encounter them and many try and discount it, and some try and brush it off.
History has been when it comes to white people and racism; the era of segregation told a big story of how it functioned in general white society, the racist were outright racist and a large segment of white society kept quiet and went along without any challenge to racism, but they also went along in remaing segregated themselves by race.
Nixon ERA, Racism was ramped up with his Southern Stragety.

By he mid 1970's School segregation has moved forward, the non racist types began to intermingle more across racial lines.. a great many with the segregationist mindset hated it,
The Late 70's came the "Disco" because Disco Era was embraced racial diversity and the white who enjoyed disco also enjoyed mixing and mingling with other races.

The 1980's under Reagan racism began to flair back up.
  • Reagans ERA policies were primarily white nationalist, with a big focus on wealthy white male dominance, and the rise of Right Wing Media went into Nation Wide Spread. Reagan Era created the Federalist Society to promote a Modified Version of Right Wing White Nationalist Ideology within the Judicial. He took money from community and state universities, because more blacks and other minorities and women were getting educated through community and state colleges. Reagan tried to block the progress of minorities and single women. Then home interest rates tried to stop intergration. Unions were attacked, because of diverse in membership and union scale pay was on par with what white men.

• Clinton ERA came and everyone began making money, the computer era went into full speed ahead and the society was communicating at real time all across the nation. People were engaging each other across racial lines, ethnic lines and some began to splinter into social class groupings, among the young it was music, such as rock, grundge, acid rock, R&B, Rap, and etc and some even began to merge styles with a diversity grouping who saw mixed race groups.

• Bush ERA came in 2000's and by 2005 suburbia was becoming more diverse in many areas, and then came the crash of 2007 and everyone scrambling for money, when the equity had been sucked out of properties trying to create the illusion the economy was moving, and that money dried up and the crash came. Racism went into higher cycle, trying to blame anything and everything, and white people would not accept they had been the largest pool who bought more house than they could afford, and then Job losses made that reality sink in. People also began to realize it was the poor whites and blacks that were being killed in Iraq and Aghanistan, and the anti war effort by young people, led to right winger race bigots back into racism.

• Obama ERA came in 2008, White Nationalist Race Bigots hated seeing a black man as President, because a lot of white people had never even worked for a black supervisor on their jobs, white men of white nationalism resented that Obama achieved what many white men said they did not know how to do, which was get the economy off its knees, and Obama policies focused on the working class and saving the industry that working class relied upon.
  • Once Obama got the economy going, the wealthy resented it would help poor whites and minorities, because the wealthy could not seize and privitize everything. White Nationalist certainly hated ACA because it cut into the greed games of the white dominated Medical Industry.. Racist hated ACA would benefit poor whites and minorities - that meant less money for the white nationalist dominated medical industry. White people got sucked back into Right Wing Republicanism by expecting a miracle to fix what they themselves screwed up in their own lives, and expected Obama to finds ways to put money back in their pockets when they had filed bankruptcy due their own excessive borrowing and spending and over extending themselves, and having bought home they could not afford.

• Trump ERA came, slinging hatred for brown skin people from South of the Border, and soliciting every white nationalist race bigot both in and out of the white nationalist evangelical church system and white race hate groups. Trump resented seeing a black man achieve what he had not, which was the office of the Presidency. Trump played into their desperation and gave them a ready made excuse in blaming race and attacking everything in and about society and our government, and anguished white people bought into it. Thinking they had a great white savior who would make all their self created problems vanish.

Last edited:
This has to go down as the largest business own goal in history?
If Twitter does indeed implode it'll have gone from a $44B purchase to $0 in less than a year that's value destruction on epic levels.

This whole situation will be taught in schools for generations as a lesson in what not to do, that's pretty impressive.

You know what is trending bigly at Twitter?

Just to test the boundaries, because evidently, you can lie about anything, right?

Fh-2xr6UYAUVJnp

The nation is sick.

If the indicated 'change of hands' has taken place' it'd not be detrimental to either Tesla nor SpaceX.

There is rarely a CEO who doesn't have good succession plans in place. It's called 'forward thinking' and Musk certainly qualifies for that.
Except that it usually helps if you hire replacements before sacking half your staff, while the rest are leaving in droves. Doesn't sound like he had a good succession plan in place to me. But then I'm not a business genius...

Back
Top Bottom