• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Election laws I would like to see passed

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I would like to have two election laws passed. The first would make it illegal for a candidate, PAC of any kind, corporation, organization or individual to accept campaign funds from a foreign person, corporation, government or their intermediary. It would make it illegal to use any foreign money in our electoral process. Second that every candidate, PAC, corporation organization or individual must submit to the FBI a list of all donors. The FBI would be required to insure that all election laws are followed by all donors. It would also require the FBI to keep such information confidential and any court proceedings against those who violate this law to be kept confidential.

I would like to have two election laws passed. The first would make it illegal for a candidate, PAC of any kind, corporation, organization or individual to accept campaign funds from a foreign person, corporation, government or their intermediary. It would make it illegal to use any foreign money in our electoral process. Second that every candidate, PAC, corporation organization or individual must submit to the FBI a list of all donors. The FBI would be required to insure that all election laws are followed by all donors. It would also require the FBI to keep such information confidential and any court proceedings against those who violate this law to be kept confidential.

I'd be happy if existing election laws were obeyed...

"...Federal law prohibits contributions, donations, expenditures and disbursements solicited, directed, received or made directly or indirectly by or from foreign nationals in connection with any election — federal, state or local..."

I'd be happy if existing election laws were obeyed...

"...Federal law prohibits contributions, donations, expenditures and disbursements solicited, directed, received or made directly or indirectly by or from foreign nationals in connection with any election — federal, state or local..."

They often are not since no one knows who donates to candidates or the PAC"S. The GOP makes sure we do not know by refusing to change the laws even for the FBI to see who is doing the donating.

Back
Top Bottom