• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Eight dolphin beached in NJ

These were the volunteers trying to keep them alive while the teams from the Marine Mammal Stranding Center in Brigantine, NJ could assemble and respond with the proper vets to assess the animals. It took hours for the Marine Mammal Stranding Center to assemble and respond.

You're the one who simply wants to be contrary. I watched this play out in real-time, you did not. You don't actually care one iota.
He doesn't know that pouring seawater on them keeps them alive.

Nowhere in the article will you even find the word "save." Yet you support this liar by making up complete bullshit that the article never once claimed. Pouring water on anything, unless it is on fire, is not saving them. They got them wet, then killed them. There were no attempts made to save anything.

If they had wanted to save them they would have picked them up and returned them to the ocean. It only required a couple of people to pick up a dolphin, and there were certainly enough about. Yet all they did was pour sea water on them. What a bunch of pathetic losers, but not as pathetic as those who feel the need to deliberately lie about it.
Oy vey

Actually, I do.

We have killer and beluga whales getting beached all the time in Alaska, and many we are able to save by returning them to the ocean. The latest was in 2021 on Prince of Wales Island.

You will also note that the above article contains the word "saved" which yours clearly does not.

So you continue to follow the advice of morons and kill your whales and dolphins. Meanwhile Alaska will completely ignore those morons that are only interested in killing and continue to save whales that beach themselves.
Stranded, as in getting stuck, isn't the same as beaching due to distress and/or injury.

Over 7 000 marine mammals are being stranded every year in the USA. There those stranding often get little attention.

While now are strandings in a speficic area gettning a lot of attention because the fossil fuel industry use their massive PR och lobbying resources to use those stranding to block the construction of off shore wind power. While at the same fossil fuel have both directly and indirectly a massive negative impact of marin lives. For example have climate change have a devasting effects on marin animals. While also the enormous negative impact oil operations have on marin aninamals and also massive sound waves from ships' diesel engines. Fossil fuels companies also use their massive resources to stop regulation to reduce the speed of containers ships that could reduce the collision with whales.

There you also have had similar strandings like the ones happening now in other areas. There it also no evidence that the wind power is the reason for the stranding and there is also other explanations like for example increased shippings and that increase food sources for whales and other marin animals in areas with shipping lanes.

That of course you should debate, investagate and reduce the number of strandings. While the massive fossil fuel propaganda make it much harder to have a rational debate.

I keep telling people wind power is bad.

The impact of wind power is much less than the devastating effects of fossil fuels.

There you also have the devasting effects of climate change.

And despite heroic efforts of volunteers, die.

I still do not believe that this has nothing to do with the constant sounding off the coast for the development of the world’s largest windfarms.

I have never seen this sort of marine mammal death count in such a short period of time in all my years of being a part of shore communities in NJ.

Volunteers and concerned community members spent HOURS yesterday trying to save these dolphin. There were literal “bucket brigades” on the beach trying to keep these dolphin alive while the proper help could arrive.

It is such a very sad story. Tragic.

Yes.

And people keep laughing at your uniformed wingnuttery on it.

30 mayors of shore communities aren’t laughing.

The residents living in the communities witnessing an unusually high number of whale and dolphin deaths aren’t laughing.

Please don’t dismiss the legitimate concerns of non-radical residents, community members and maritime industry professionals simply because people like Tucker have latched onto this topic.

Those people are not denying climate change, I am not denying climate change.

But something is amiss. What is the harm of doing better autopsies (the “ear” structure of these whales/dolphin have NOT been examined)?

Do the people that live in these communities and work on these waters not deserve an answer simply because Tucker decided to broadcast a story?

“No known connection” isn’t an answer…it is a non-answer.

30 mayors of shore communities aren’t laughing.

The residents living in the communities witnessing an unusually high number of whale and dolphin deaths aren’t laughing.

Please don’t dismiss the legitimate concerns of non-radical residents, community members and maritime industry professionals simply because people like Tucker have latched onto this topic.

Those people are not denying climate change, I am not denying climate change.

But something is amiss. What is the harm of doing better autopsies (the “ear” structure of these whales/dolphin have NOT been examined)?

Do the people that live in these communities and work on these waters not deserve an answer simply because Tucker decided to broadcast a story?

“No known connection” isn’t an answer…it is a non-answer.

Maybe it’s the news of the impending Trump indictment.

I mean, you can make up all kinds of stuff as a cause, and without any evidence, it’s all equally true.

Maybe it’s the news of the impending Trump indictment.

I mean, you can make up all kinds of stuff as a cause, and without any evidence, it’s all equally true.
And you can claim that the sounding ahead of construction isn’t the cause…until one day it is proven that it is.

Problem being, that day may come too late. It would already be too late for the 20+ whales and 10+ dolphin that are already dead. Let’s see how high the body count goes.

Back
Top Bottom