• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Eight dolphin beached in NJ

BirdinHand

Our body, OUR choice
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
And despite heroic efforts of volunteers, die.

I still do not believe that this has nothing to do with the constant sounding off the coast for the development of the world’s largest windfarms.

I have never seen this sort of marine mammal death count in such a short period of time in all my years of being a part of shore communities in NJ.

Volunteers and concerned community members spent HOURS yesterday trying to save these dolphin. There were literal “bucket brigades” on the beach trying to keep these dolphin alive while the proper help could arrive.

I still do not believe that this has nothing to do with the constant sounding off the coast for the development of the world’s largest windfarms.

I have never seen this sort of marine mammal death count in such a short period of time in all my years of being a part of shore communities in NJ.

Volunteers and concerned community members spent HOURS yesterday trying to save these dolphin. There were literal “bucket brigades” on the beach trying to keep these dolphin alive while the proper help could arrive.

Why do you feel the need to deliberately lie?

There were no volunteers or concerned community members, and nobody "spent HOURS yesterday trying to save these dolphin." Two of the eight were already dead before anyone arrived, and when they did arrive the veterinarian on the scene had them all killed. Nobody spent even a single second trying to save these dolphins. They saw them on the beach, and killed them. End of story.

Yet you feel some strange and bizarre need to lie about what they did. Why?

In addition to the whale deaths. Lots of defensiveness to this topic.

"If you even bring up the wind farm construction activity that's been taking place as many people have, most recently in a hearing in Wildwood last Thursday night, you'll be met with immediate rejection and defensive response as Cindy Zipf, the executive director of Clean Ocean Action points out.

How about an explanation from the Murphy administration about what's really causing the problem based on fact? Are they afraid to halt the wind farm work for fear that the truth of the cause will come out? Do they even care at this point or is it just purely about the money they think they'll make from it?"

I keep telling people wind power is bad.

There were no volunteers or concerned community members, and nobody "spent HOURS yesterday trying to save these dolphin." Two of the eight were already dead before anyone arrived, and when they did arrive the veterinarian on the scene had them all killed. Nobody spent even a single second trying to save these dolphins. They saw them on the beach, and killed them. End of story.

I didn’t know you were in Jersey and had a first hand account that you’re able to show proof of that goes against all local media and social media reports.

Look forward to seeing your proof!

These were 3 of the boats performing sounding operations and their locations off NJ around the approximate times of the dolphin beaching. (I can only attach 3 images)

For those that don’t know, Sea Isle - where these dolphin beached themselves, is located south of Ocean City on this map.

Attachments

• 5E05D322-A32C-42B4-A402-72CA3ADBE68A.jpeg
    5E05D322-A32C-42B4-A402-72CA3ADBE68A.jpeg
    63.3 KB · Views: 4
  • E2D2B210-CFC0-4049-B2E3-B3562A11DC0A.jpeg
    E2D2B210-CFC0-4049-B2E3-B3562A11DC0A.jpeg
    69.5 KB · Views: 3
  • C41281F9-0C7E-4FCF-8307-F80C65FBC16B.jpeg
    C41281F9-0C7E-4FCF-8307-F80C65FBC16B.jpeg
    62.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
More of the sounding vessels off NJ coast - day of dolphin beaching.

Attachments

• F53382BA-2DD6-45E5-AE6E-E5372B853C9C.jpeg
    F53382BA-2DD6-45E5-AE6E-E5372B853C9C.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 3
  • B91E4AC3-1277-4BAD-A5DA-6665DE4EFCCF.jpeg
    B91E4AC3-1277-4BAD-A5DA-6665DE4EFCCF.jpeg
    81.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 0CB13F48-28DB-4EB7-A160-1CAB4ABC446A.jpeg
    0CB13F48-28DB-4EB7-A160-1CAB4ABC446A.jpeg
    54.1 KB · Views: 3
In addition to the whale deaths. Lots of defensiveness to this topic.

"If you even bring up the wind farm construction activity that's been taking place as many people have, most recently in a hearing in Wildwood last Thursday night, you'll be met with immediate rejection and defensive response as Cindy Zipf, the executive director of Clean Ocean Action points out.

How about an explanation from the Murphy administration about what's really causing the problem based on fact? Are they afraid to halt the wind farm work for fear that the truth of the cause will come out? Do they even care at this point or is it just purely about the money they think they'll make from it?"

The answer is money.

Money that’s been spent, money that’s been allocated to be spent, and Murphy’s determination to be the biggest, largest wind farm in the world.

The fishing community is tracking the sounding vessels. And will continue to “match up” exactly where the vessels are when these events happen.

As can be seen here - this pod of dolphin beached themselves when completely surrounded - to the north, south and offshore - by sounding vessels. The only “escape” they had from the harassment of noise was the beach.

There is a similar pattern for every whale beaching.

There are also spotters now running following these ships. Because we have caught them turning their radars/beacons OFF during their operation. Which they aren’t legally allowed to do. They’ve also been caught not having the marine biologists on board keeping watch - as they are required to do.

There isn’t 1-2 ships out there sounding - there are 5-6 off NJ alone daily (sometimes more) - running grid patterns inundating the water with an unbearable amount of noise for these marine mammals.

We’ve also got them operating at 80-100 miles offshore, accompanied by a tug boat. *they are supposed to be staying within their leased area to survey*

This is why people are now spending their own hard earned money on diesel to follow them - they’re going out to the Gulf Stream with tug boats. Suspicion is that they’re dragging any dead whales to the Gulf Stream. There is no legitimate reason for them to be so far off their plotted and reported courses and so far off their leased areas.

Attachments

• 2D476C79-B016-46DC-B1CF-7E70601856C9.jpeg
    2D476C79-B016-46DC-B1CF-7E70601856C9.jpeg
    52.5 KB · Views: 2
Wind power is such a current agenda, that eyes are covered to unexpected and unpredicted problems and issues, even big ones. Whether it be birds, sea life, or the unsightliness and instability of endless and enormous wind turbines, the agenda is underway - full speed ahead, and issues and problems be damned, rationalized, or ignored.
And now, these massive turbines are also beginning to fall and at concerning rates. Huge ones are coming down and I can't imagine what will happen to this size and magnitude of debris.
It had been a long time since I had traveled, by car, great distances (thousands of miles) across this country but in the last year or so, I had reason to do so, while investigating potential new home locations. I was stunned beyond belief and words to see how much of this country has been turned into nothing but endless wind turbines. It creeped me out to see endless miles upon miles of land and whole states in this country transformed by these monstrous structures. The visual was surreal.
I fear the whales and dolphins are just facing a too bad, so sad scenario of nothing can get in the way of "the agenda" and "the narrative" will be that it has nothing at all to do with windfarms.

I didn’t know you were in Jersey and had a first hand account that you’re able to show proof of that goes against all local media and social media reports.

Look forward to seeing your proof!
I'm able to read and comprehend the article that you provided. Which clearly is more than you are able to do. From your source:
Two of the dolphins had already died when workers with the Marine Mammal Stranding Center arrived at the scene.

"The remaining six dolphins were assessed by our veterinarian and their conditions were rapidly deteriorating," Marine Mammal Stranding Center posted on Facebook. "The decision was made to humanely euthanize the dolphins to prevent further suffering, as returning them to the ocean would have only prolonged their inevitable death."

There was no mention of any "[v]olunteers and concerned community members" or them spending "HOURS yesterday trying to save these dolphin."

So why did you feel the need to deliberately lie?

I'm able to read and comprehend the article that you provided. Which clearly is more than you are able to do. From your source:

There was no mention of any "[v]olunteers and concerned community members" or them spending "HOURS yesterday trying to save these dolphin."

So why did you feel the need to deliberately lie?
Oh gosh Glitch, let me find you another source to confirm. Feel free to apologize for calling me a liar at your convenience.

Here is a video from the local news - of the bucket brigades - keeping them alive while trying to save them.

Oh gosh Glitch, let me find you another source to confirm. Feel free to apologize for calling me a liar at your convenience.

Here is a video from the local news - of the bucket brigades.

And not a single one of them made any efforts to save those dolphins. They poured sea water on them and then killed them, just like your article said. There was no attempts made to save a single dolphin. So you continue to deliberately lie. So much for your credibility. :rolleyes:

And not a single one of them made any efforts to save those dolphins. They poured sea water on them and then killed them. There was no attempts made to save a single dolphin. So you continue to deliberately lie. So much for your credibility. :rolleyes:
These were the volunteers trying to keep them alive while the teams from the Marine Mammal Stranding Center in Brigantine, NJ could assemble and respond with the proper vets to assess the animals. It took hours for the Marine Mammal Stranding Center to assemble and respond.

You're the one who simply wants to be contrary. I watched this play out in real-time, you did not. You don't actually care one iota.

These were the volunteers trying to keep them alive while the teams from the Marine Mammal Stranding Center in Brigantine, NJ could assemble and respond with the proper vets to assess the animals. It took hours for the Marine Mammal Stranding Center to assemble and respond.

You're the one who simply wants to be contrary. I watched this play out in real-time, you did not. You don't actually care one iota.
You still haven't answered my question. Why did you feel the need to deliberately lie? Did you think nobody would actually read the article you posted? You clearly are not particularly bright.

You still haven't answered my question. Why did you feel the need to deliberately lie? Did you think nobody would actually read the article you posted? You clearly are not particularly bright.
You can apologize at any time. I won't hold my breath.

And not a single one of them made any efforts to save those dolphins. They poured sea water on them and then killed them, just like your article said. There was no attempts made to save a single dolphin. So you continue to deliberately lie. So much for your credibility. :rolleyes:
Just curious why you fixated on this aspect of the story? Of course they tried to save them. but even if they didn't, why is this relevant?
The issue here is what caused it. I've been vacationing in SIC for years and I've never seen anything like it. In addition ,a whale washed up in Strathmere last Dec .Strathmere is the next town up.

The only thing I know about dolphins in SIC is that you almost always see them around noon and they ALWAYS swim north to south.

In the article:

Police officers and public works crew spent hours pouring seawater onto the dolphins in an effort to keep them alive, CBS Philadelphia reported.

You claim that nobody spent hours yesterday trying to save them, but the article literally says it. No one here is lying, stop derailing the thread.

In the article:

You claim that nobody spent hours yesterday trying to save them, but the article literally says it. No one here is lying, stop derailing the thread.
Nowhere in the article will you even find the word "save." Yet you support this liar by making up complete bullshit that the article never once claimed. Pouring water on anything, unless it is on fire, is not saving them. They got them wet, then killed them. There were no attempts made to save anything.

If they had wanted to save them they would have picked them up and returned them to the ocean. It only required a couple of people to pick up a dolphin, and there were certainly enough about. Yet all they did was pour sea water on them. What a bunch of pathetic losers, but not as pathetic as those who feel the need to deliberately lie about it.

Nowhere in the article will you even find the word "save." Yet you support this liar by making up complete bullshit that the article never once claimed. Pouring water on anything, unless it is on fire, is not saving them. They got them wet, then killed them. There were no attempts made to save anything.

If they had wanted to save them they would have picked them up and returned them to the ocean. It only required a couple of people to pick up a dolphin, and there were certainly enough about. Yet all they did was pour sea water on them. What a bunch of pathetic losers, but not as pathetic as those who feel the need to deliberately lie about it.
You do not have any clue what you are talking about. The volunteers on site did exactly what you are told to do.

That's point 1 made by any organization that works on saving stranded marine mammals.

What to do for a stranded Whale, Dolphin, or Porpoise:
  • DO NOT attempt to return the animal to sea. They are there for a reason, usually sick or injured.
  • Keep people and dogs away from the animal. Only 1 or 2 persons are needed until expert help arrives. Additional people will only add more stress to the dolphin or whale.
  • If the animal is in the surf, support it upright and keep water out of the blowhole at all times.
  • Keep the animal cool and wet by splashing water on the skin. Avoid getting water into the blowhole.
  • Apply wet towels or t-shirts and provide shade if possible using tarps or towels. Keep the blowhole free of obstructions and take care not to cover any of its fins or tail.
  • DO NOT apply suntan oil. If available, apply zinc oxide to the fins and tail. The dolphin’s skin is very sensitive and will sunburn severely.
  • Be careful around the extremely powerful tail.

More showing that you NEVER move a stranded marine mammal back into the water.

Do not listen to @Glitch. He has not idea what he is talking about and would further harm marine mammals with his approach of "just put it back in the water"

Rule of thumb: Leave the animal exactly where it is until help arrives. If the dolphin is injured you could cause further damage by moving it.

Dolphins can overheat fast so their skin needs to stay cool and wet. Water needs to be poured over the skin, but AVOID the blowhole. Make sure to avoid getting water or debris in the blowhole, keeping it free from obstruction so the animal can breathe.

T-shirts or towels soaked in cold/cool water can be put on the dolphin, but DO NOT COVER the dorsal fin, pectoral fins, tail flukes, and blowhole. Before applying a wet towel, cut a slit large enough for the dorsal fin to fit through and lay it on the animal. Make shade for the animal out of anything available, e.g. a tarp or beach umbrella.

Dolphins’ bodies are not made to rest on land, so to make them more comfortable you need to dig a small hole under each pectoral fin. You can also dig a hole under the chest region and fill the hole with water. This will relieve pressure on the animal’s fins and lungs yet still support the chest.

How pedantic can you be? It should be clear that in this context "keeping them alive" and "save" mean the same thing. If you want an article with the word "save" here's one:

Sister station WPVI's chopper was overhead during the effort to save the dolphins. People brought buckets of water from the ocean to douse the animals.

And yes, pouring water on the dolphins does help. They need to stay hydrated in order to survive, and water helps with that. What on earth do you think they were pouring water on them for?

You do not have any clue what you are talking about.
Actually, I do.

We have killer and beluga whales getting beached all the time in Alaska, and many we are able to save by returning them to the ocean. The latest was in 2021 on Prince of Wales Island.

You will also note that the above article contains the word "saved" which yours clearly does not.

So you continue to follow the advice of morons and kill your whales and dolphins. Meanwhile Alaska will completely ignore those morons that are only interested in killing and continue to save whales that beach themselves.

Actually, I do.

We have killer and beluga whales getting beached all the time in Alaska, and many we are able to save by returning them to the ocean. The latest was in 2021 on Prince of Wales Island.

You will also note that the above article contains the word "saved" which yours clearly does not.

So you continue to follow the advice of morons and kill your whales and dolphins. Meanwhile Alaska will completely ignore those morons that are only interested in killing and continue to save whales that beach themselves.
Gosh Glitch - do you not read your own link?

They kept it protected from birds and poured buckets of water on it until the tide rose again allowing it to no longer be stranded on the rocks and it swam away.

They did not
picked them up and returned them to the ocean.

SO again, you are wrong.

You can stop posting misinformation any time now.

A killer whale stranded on a rocky shore in Alaska was saved in an hours-long rescue effort by boaters, locals and wildlife officials.

The 20-ft (6 metres) orca was spotted washed up on Prince of Wales island last Thursday, apparently stuck in a crevice of rocks 4ft above the tide line.

Boaters who first saw the stranded whale alerted the US coastguard and came ashore to keep it cool with seawater and to scare away sea birds hovering for a feast.

Images posted to social media show good samaritans pouring buckets of water onto the orca to keep it hydrated.

Eventually officials from the national oceanic and atmospheric administration (NOAA) arrived to relieve the volunteers. By about 2pm, almost six hours after the whale was first spotted, the tide had risen sufficiently to allow it to refloat itself and return to the ocean.

You can apologize at any time. I won't hold my breath.
Typical conservative trolling. The best way to thwart trolling is to disengage.

Someone posts a comment - This is a thing that happened.
Winger - No, it didn't
Reply - Here is proof
Winger - insults
Reply - Here is proof
Winger - nitpicks
Reply - Here is proof
Winger - deflects

Back
Top Bottom