• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Effort to Remove Marjorie Taylor Greene From Ballot Can Proceed, Judge Says

You don't have a right to advocate for your politics on your employer's dime.
That's actually incorrect. If such action can be negotiated or if there is a law allowing it, then you can do it.

#19 doesn't make your case. The state is still taking action to withhold cultural information that is deemed politically unacceptable.
No, it is not. Nothing is preventing a FL or TX parent from purchasing on of those textbooks and giving it to their child.

The state choosing not to fund your prefered political message is not censorship.

No, it is not. Nothing is preventing a FL or TX parent from purchasing on of those textbooks and giving it to their child.

The state choosing not to fund your prefered political message is not censorship.
All you are describing here is the mechanism used for that censorship. This is no different from when schools pulled huck finn from their libraries.

That's actually incorrect. If such action can be negotiated or if there is a law allowing it, then you can do it.
Since when are rights "negotiated?"

That is not exercising a right. That is being given permission.

You don't have a right to advocate for your politics on your employer's dime.
Only Republicans view gender identity as being an inherently political issue. Possibly because they don't understand it, hence why they wish to censor references to it.

Only Republicans view gender identity as being an inherently political issue. Possibly because they don't understand it, hence why they wish to censor references to it.
I see. For Republicans it's a political issue. For you, it's The Truth.

No, I am not. You labeling something as "censorship" which is not.
I already explained how it is censorship, you are getting caught up in the minutiae of how that censorship is being performed to find some sort of loophole and are failing at that attempt.

I already explained how it is censorship, you are getting caught up in the minutiae of how that censorship is being performed to find some sort of loophole and are failing at that attempt.
No, you merely attempted to explain how it's censorship. Since you didn't explain away the unrestricted access to these textbooks that persist in both FL and TX, your attempt was unsuccessful.

No, you merely attempted to explain how it's censorship. Since you didn't explain away the unrestricted access to these textbooks that persist in both FL and TX, your attempt was unsuccessful.
I will explain it to you again. The act of denying the books for political reasons is the censorship.

I see. For Republicans it's a political issue. For you, it's The Truth.
I don't view the education of children about the concept of gender identity as being a political issue. Obviously we can debate how and when such information should be taught. But to censor it entirely is simply fear mongering on the part of republicans solely for the purpose of political gain.

I will explain it to you again. The act of denying the books for political reasons is the censorship.
And I will explain to you again, this time using bold font: nothing is being denied these students; their parents are not prohibited from purchasing these textbooks for them.

You seem to think that if state funding isn't being used to advance a certain political message that somehow it's censorship. The assertion is complete nonsense.

I don't view the education of children about the concept of gender identity as being a political issue. Obviously we can debate how and when such information should be taught. But to censor it entirely is simply fear mongering on the part of republicans solely for the purpose of political gain.
You don't view it that way, but I and many others do. More importantly, the duly elected representatives of FL and TX do.

Which this country has already been through before. I can't believe we're fighting this battle yet again.

So if we were to prohibit third graders being assigned the reading of essays written on the virtues of white nationalism, would that be censorship?

And I will explain to you again, this time using bold font: nothing is being denied these students; their parents are not prohibited from purchasing these textbooks for them.

You seem to think that if state funding isn't being used to advance a certain political message that somehow it's censorship. The assertion is complete nonsense.
Incorrect, they are being denied consideration of text books for political reasons, which is the censorship.

Are you trying to say that censorship isn't actually censorship unless it applies universally, in all circumstances and context? Because I don't think that is the correct definition of the term. Censorship can be applied not only by governments, but by private institutions as well, in a more limited sense.

Which this country has already been through before. I can't believe we're fighting this battle yet again.
I find it astounding that social conservatives do not appear to have learned any lesson from the last 100 years. I thought the US was better than this.

I find it astounding that social conservatives do not appear to have learned any lesson from the last 100 years. I thought the US was better than this.
Maybe they've just been pissed off for a 100 years.

Saying that there are Jewish Space lazers starting fires in California should be enough to put her in a mental institution..

Maybe they've just been pissed off for a 100 years.
Then I hope they lose this little cultural tantrum they are throwing, which I think they will as its mostly coming from the very old.

Back
Top Bottom