• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson backs Joe Biden and Kamala Harris in first public presidential endorsement

Pretty much every actor donates to the democratic party, democratic candidates and/or democratic organizations. Your entertainment dollars are fueling these donations. The Rock was donating to these before he endorsed anyone. Similarly, so are most other large name actors and people in the entertainment industry. Must feel bad knowing that the entertainment you consume is directly contributing to these donations.

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson backs Joe Biden and Kamala Harris in first public presidential endorsement

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson on Sunday threw his support behind Democratic nominee Joe Biden and running mate Senator Kamala Harris in his first-ever public presidential endorsement. The actor and former wrestler made the announcement in a seven and a half minute-long video posted on his social media platforms.

"As a political independent and centrist for many years, I've voted for Democrats in the past and as well as Republican," Johnson wrote on social media. "In this critical election, I believe Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are the best to lead our country, and as my first ever (public) Presidential endorsement, I proudly endorse them for the presidential office of our United States."

Why do actors do this? I like his movies. He keeps them clean and without graphic violence. I will never watch another of his movies because anything that financially supports him as an actor is a contribution to the Democratic Party.

He pro-actively decided to be a Democratic Party activist so why would I contribute to his career another penny? I always have had the viewpoint. If a restaurant or store has a sign for a candidate I oppose, I will never do business with them again because they turned their business into a political organization. He just changed from being an actor to a Democratic politician using his income and fame as an actor to do so.
Some actors do this because they believe the platform their fame provides should be used to forward what they believe in.

But on another note, what you're saying is that you had to cancel The Rock because you didn't like the smell of what he's cooking.

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson on Sunday threw his support behind Democratic nominee Joe Biden and running mate Senator Kamala Harris in his first-ever public presidential endorsement. The actor and former wrestler made the announcement in a seven and a half minute-long video posted on his social media platforms.

"As a political independent and centrist for many years, I've voted for Democrats in the past and as well as Republican," Johnson wrote on social media. "In this critical election, I believe Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are the best to lead our country, and as my first ever (public) Presidential endorsement, I proudly endorse them for the presidential office of our United States."

Why do actors do this? I like his movies. He keeps them clean and without graphic violence. I will never watch another of his movies because anything that financially supports him as an actor is a contribution to the Democratic Party.

He pro-actively decided to be a Democratic Party activist so why would I contribute to his career another penny? I always have had the viewpoint. If a restaurant or store has a sign for a candidate I oppose, I will never do business with them again because they turned their business into a political organization. He just changed from being an actor to a Democratic politician using his income and fame as an actor to do so.
Must have been head-slammed once too often during his wrestling career. :LOL:

Maybe I favor democratic equality and oppose the special political privileges of the rich and famous? Why was his endorsement plastered all over the Internet? Other than being fabulously wealthy and in a way making millions and millions for Internet billionaires, what are his political credentials? So you think he gets $50 million in free political advertising for his political agenda/goals - but screw little people who use their tiny, tiny power in political opposition? Regardless, I do not dispute his right to do so - while you dispute my rights to be in opposition.
I think there are upright ways to be in opposition and dirty, underhanded ways to be in opposition, and that we ought to distinguish between them.

Nothing I posted even hinted at "online abuses." I gave his fan club site a "poor" WOT review. I stated exactly why - which will appear with my review. I suppose you demand I endorse his endorsement?
The WOT system is intended to warn people of phishing scams, fraudsters, typosquatted websites, and real threats to the security of their computer, personal information, etc. Not as a tool for retribution by political activists. Retribution is a clear abuse of the tool, a form of political persecution, and a dirty, underhanded approach to "opposition".

I said the same when groups Google-bombed Rick Santorum, upvoted perverse definitions of his surname on Urban Dictionary, etc. in 2012. It was malicious and infantile.

Actually, as I noted above, having really reviewed what he is doing, I think he's scum outside of politics for the reason I gave above. He is raking in 10 of millions of dollars urging young males to become steroid bulked up monsters like him - wink wink not mentioning steroids. A decade and half ago or so I worked out probably more and harder than he did. The male body can not be naturally bulked up in the way he has. He has a chemical built body and those chemicals/drugs cripple and kill. The young males don't have millions to have this medically monitored like he does. He has an entire team just for this.
I think we should be cautious to praise a stranger, doubly cautious to speak evil of him, and that as often as possible we should keep our words honeyed and sweet--because we never know when we might wind up eating them.

He is given a $50 million dollar political voice for free. You and I should just keep our mouths shut. That's your position, right?
I think we should do unto others as we would have them do to us, including not abusing Internet tools to blacklist our websites. I think we should pay no attention to celebrity endorsements, good or bad. I think we should find constructive means to vent our frustrations. FWIW.

I think there are upright ways to be in opposition and dirty, underhanded ways to be in opposition, and that we ought to distinguish between them.

The WOT system is intended to warn people of phishing scams, fraudsters, typosquatted websites, and real threats to the security of their computer, personal information, etc. Not as a tool for retribution by political activists. Retribution is a clear abuse of the tool, a form of political persecution, and a dirty, underhanded approach to "opposition".

I said the same when groups Google-bombed Rick Santorum, upvoted perverse definitions of his surname on Urban Dictionary, etc. in 2012. It was malicious and infantile.

I think we should be cautious to praise a stranger, doubly cautious to speak evil of him, and that as often as possible we should keep our words honeyed and sweet--because we never know when we might wind up eating them.

I think we should do unto others as we would have them do to us, including not abusing Internet tools to blacklist our websites. I think we should pay no attention to celebrity endorsements, good or bad. I think we should find constructive means to vent our frustrations. FWIW.

The WOT system is a Google shakedown. While we do not even sell outside the USA, we got a poor rating (WOT warning) on one website because Germans posted a lot of negatives. Why? Google gives points for posting negatives and allows filling as many as 100 negatives at a time against 100 different websites.

WOT then SELLS companies ways to have the negative removed. It is nothing but a shakedown - but people take it seriously. In short, it is an attack tool to be used against competitors, adversaries or just for the hell of it by those who want Google points.

I'm shocked that an actor would vote Democratic. Just shocked I'm tellin ya.

WOT then SELLS companies ways to have the negative removed. It is nothing but a shakedown - but people take it seriously. In short, it is an attack tool to be used against competitors, adversaries or just for the hell of it by those who want Google points.
Supposing this is true, are you following the Golden Rule? Are you doing unto others as you have them do unto you by availing yourself of this "attack tool"?

Noted for the next time you complain about cancel culture.

Back
Top Bottom