• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dutch general election, 2010

I see. So that means there is no room for a clear right, let alone left coalition, and it will be necessary that parties ally that are from different camps?

Is it very unlikely the PvdA might support VVD and CDA, because of their previous disagreement with the CDA, or is it possible they give in eventually, in order not to stand in the way of a stable coalition?

I see. So that means there is no room for a clear right, let alone left coalition, and it will be necessary that parties ally that are from different camps?

Is it very unlikely the PvdA might support VVD and CDA, because of their previous disagreement with the CDA, or is it possible they give in eventually, in order not to stand in the way of a stable coalition?

Its possible but unlikely. A more likely coalition result would be similar to what happened in the 90s with a "purple coalition" (the PvdA together with the two liberal parties D66 and VVD). There would be two big differences though. First the VVD would have the prime minister spot, and second it would have to include GroenLinks (think the German SP and Green parties rolled up into one).

CDA lost half of their seats, it's unlikely they'll be part of any new coalition tbh. Indeed, I'm afraid it's going to be a purple coalition. Couldn't last more then a year.

Back
Top Bottom