• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DP's Candidates For President 2020

I really think the GOP should consider sending up a test balloon in regards to Nikki Haley as a possible primary challenge to Trump in the off-chance that Mueller's final report brings problems.

Why challenge President Trump? Haley would make an excellent VP pick and possible 2024 candidate.

Sanders is a spirited little guy and is the best on the podium. I can see why Democrats gravitate to his rallies.
2nd best IMO opinion on the podium is that Mayor Pete guy & if SAT's scores would determine the nominee
he'd be the choice, he's smart. But he has no chance his uniqueness will quickly wear off.

I can't imagine someone with so unpresidential voices like Gellibrand or Warren even being considered.
If I was forced to vote Democrat I'd support Sanders & my 2nd choice would be Gabbard. I liked the
way she gave up her top job at the DNC because she knew the deck was stacked againt Sanders &
for Mrs. Clinton, I like her foreign policy & I like the way she looks.

Sanders is a spirited little guy and is the best on the podium. I can see why Democrats gravitate to his rallies.
2nd best IMO opinion on the podium is that Mayor Pete guy & if SAT's scores would determine the nominee
he'd be the choice, he's smart. But he has no chance his uniqueness will quickly wear off.

I can't imagine someone with so unpresidential voices like Gellibrand or Warren even being considered.
If I was forced to vote Democrat I'd support Sanders & my 2nd choice would be Gabbard. I liked the
way she gave up her top job at the DNC because she knew the deck was stacked againt Sanders &
for Mrs. Clinton, I like her foreign policy & I like the way she looks.

Sanders is always shaking his hand as he speaks is he trying to be a wizard?

If mayor Pete has as good of a astrological chart as his SAT then I'll put him right up on the roster; which now includes Biden 7, Sanders 7, Tulsi 5, McAuliffe 9 if he's in and Landrieu 14 and Brown 11 who are out. Trump is 5, Ivanka 14, Pence 1 Clinton -1. Everyone else is abysmal too. Don't want Saturn return at 56 and 84 on election year or first three years in office.

Trump has the new moon before the election advantage, will not break model to win.

Predicting US Presidential elections

Biden represents stability, understanding of long term foreign policy and graveness.

Sanders does not look grave and if trouble comes he's going to be a piece of ****. Sanders does not have a plan to establish his vision which is common for everyone running for President.

Gabbard is grave and will fight for the same thing as Bernie and would make an ideal VP for either because of her good astrological score, her graveness and because neither of these guys can run in 2024 because of their Saturn return.

Last edited:
Weld's entrance is glorious. His ad adequately trashes Trump for the idiotic, moronic, and malignant idiot that he is.

Glorious.

From the Economist, here: After Mueller, what next? - excerpt:

Democratic leaders in the House calculate, probably correctly, that impeachment is not in their interest either.

That leaves America’s constitution in a quandary. One of the guiding principles of the experiment undertaken in 1776 was that no man should be above the law. Having just got rid of one unaccountable tyrant, the founders were keen to prevent the emergence of a homegrown version. Set against this, they did not want the president tied down by petty legal squabbles. The founders therefore meant removing a president by impeachment to be hard, to become possible only once a significant number of the president’s own faction had deserted him.

Yet the founders did not foresee the rise of a rigid two-party system that mirrors the rural-urban divide. That makes it very hard in practice for either faction in the Senate to assemble the two-thirds majority required to convict the president in an impeachment trial, unless the rank and file of their party move against the president, too. Lined up the right way, senators who represent 25m citizens could acquit a president, against the wishes of senators who represent 300m. Getting rid of a rule-breaking president was not supposed to be this difficult.

The result is that one man is, in effect, above the law for all but the most serious and readily understandable crimes, such as murder, which would surely be too much even for the committed partisans of either side. Congress should legislate against such impunity at a later date. Most democracies have independent prosecutors able to indict the chief executive.

Find the flaw in America's "democracy". There are several - first and foremost of which is its electoral-system. More than two centuries ago, within four years of one another, the US conceived and implemented Gerrymandering and the Electoral College.

Which has very largely resulted in the first evolution of a two-party system. And secondly, that the result would be not representative governance but one of "which party has the most money to get their candidate elected".

That fault is in the eye of the beholder - meaning you and me ...

So who is everybody's top pick for 2020 (Dems/Reps/I/etc)? I honestly don't care who it is as long as its not Donald Trump, but if I had to pick it'd be Marianne Williamson

You can have hundreds,perhaps thousands of Demo candidates. Our President Trump will defeat them all.
For standards and practices we will have the presidential primary. Lets not make it too easy for Mr. Trumps re election. Little drama doesn't hurt anyone.

Back
Top Bottom