• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DP 3.0= vBulletin 4.0 .. Some Informed Comment Elucidating the Disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbig

onomatopoeic
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
This skin, and ALL the 4.0 Skins I looked at STINK.
I went to VB and looked around.

Some informed comment echoing some of my problems with it and more.
From Irfanview-forum.de
(A high end photo editing website)

Forum Update: vbulletin 4.0 (brand new version)!

(I had to bold the above so you could even tell it was a link)

Last edited:
So you've discovered that some people on the internet have complaints about something? I'm not sure what you're trying to say with this.

We've explained why the change was necessary, have been making ongoing modifications since the change occurred and will be continuing to do so. We already have two threads already going where people can list their problems and we can start working on them. You've offered your thoughts on there, and several have been addressed and others will be. Please be patient, and offer any constructive criticism you might have in those threads.

Some very good points.

About the IE6 thing, were you aware that Google no longer supports it too?

"Double clicking" on the reply buttons will bring up the advanced editor. There is an option to eliminate the quick reply, and we are considering removing it. I personally hated the quick reply at first, but it is growing on me. It is faster than the old way.

Searching = the sucks in vBulletin. Always has been. We are about to move to sphinx search to combat the issue with large forums.

Colors and style = I do agree it feels much different. Hopefully, we will get all of our small details hammered out soon then peeps will come here to see how a good VB4 site is supposed to look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…