• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Doomsday phobias

So what exactly would you like to discuss? Be specific.

EH?

It's beginning to feel like being on the Twilight Zone here. 😁

What to discuss - that would depend on the created
T O P I C S................................wouldn't it?

BTW -
Do you know what a topic is?
:oops:

A topic is the subject of a discussion or discourse. (Merriam/Webster)

I know what the subject of this thread is all about, by reading its title and your OP.

Last edited:
So what exactly would you like to discuss? Be specific.

Right now I'm trying to discuss with you in relation to your topic..........................by asking you a question on post #85.

I've yet to get an answer!

A discussion is supposed to be a
two-way traffic!

I don't think it's an obsession to use news events pertaining to a subject, as evidence or as material in a DISCUSSION FORUM.
These days, we don't need to scan the headlines. I speak for myself when I say the headlines come to me - thru the news on tv, or in some cases thru this forum.
How many times have I been surprised by threads in the BREAKING NEWS Section?
Of course, when I provide an information or news item - I want to provide the source, that viewers can check it out for themselves.
For a source to copy/paste, I have to get the news online.

And certainly, it is not an obsession even though we do this consistently everyday!
There are many things happening these days that can be speculated as to the lining up of fulfillment of prophecies.

Christians like me, can see this as a possible "setting of the stage." PROPS are being set for the "main event!"

It is not an obsession, since we're simply doing what we have been advised to by Christ.

believe it or not - practically most, if not all teachings of Christ, are geared for Christians to be prepared for this DAY of JUDGMENT.

Thus, we have been told to keep watch!

END TIMES is therefore, one of the crucial MAIN EVENT.
It precedes the Second Coming of Christ!
1713979409350.png

EH?

It's beginning to feel like being on the Twilight Zone here. 😁

What to discuss - that would depend on the created T O P I C S................................wouldn't it?

BTW -
:oops:

A topic is the subject of a discussion or discourse. (Merriam/Webster)

I know what the subject of this thread is all about, by reading its title and your OP.

A discourse or debate is always best when the discussion is based in calmness and reason. Unfortunately, you simply don’t be able to do that, given instead your accusatory and emotion-laden posts which are most accurately defined as “rants”. After your three rants yesterday, I was trying to calm down the discussion by asking a foundational question, hoping that you would respond in a reasoned manner so that we could re-institute an actual give-and-take debate, I guess that I was asking too much, since you instead decided on two more accusatory and emotion-laden rants. Oh well, I tried. Do you ever wonder why so few people respond to your inputs any more? The answer is listed directly above.

This ^ Therefore this religion more than most attracts those who break a lot of rules. You can tell by looking at them.

It's beginning to feel like being on the Twilight Zone here.

....wouldn't it?

A discussion is supposed to be a two-way traffic!

These comments of yours basically prove my post #105. They are all various levels of sarcasm, and none of them have anything to do with the topic at hand. I’m sure that myself and others would be glad to engage in a calm and reasoned discussion with you, but what really is the use when thIs sort of snide commentary is almost always what we can expect to get back.

A discourse or debate is always best when the discussion is based in calmness and reason. Unfortunately, you simply don’t be able to do that, given instead your accusatory and emotion-laden posts which are most accurately defined as “rants”. After your three rants yesterday, I was trying to calm down the discussion by asking a foundational question, hoping that you would respond in a reasoned manner so that we could re-institute an actual give-and-take debate, I guess that I was asking too much, since you instead decided on two more accusatory and emotion-laden rants. Oh well, I tried. Do you ever wonder why so few people respond to your inputs any more? The answer is listed directly above.

A discourse is based on two or more people having a verbal exchange or a conversation.
A debate is to engage in discussions regarding opposing points.

I was not ranting.
I was giving my point.
Who's counting how many times people post?
If I have a lot to say, it could take several posts!

Me posting 3 consecutive times - why does that bother you?
Is that why you were getting all bent out of shape in the End Times thread?
Because of my many, many posts?

Lol - don't tell me...................................could it be................................... I HAVE BECOME YOUR..................... PHOBIA? 😁

“Doomsday phobias are a broad category of phobias that can encompass any fear of the end of the world. Some people fear plague, others nuclear winter, while other people are afraid of Armageddon.

Religion is a highly personalized system of beliefs, largely based on faith. Holy books such as the Bible contain a great deal of mystical writing and parables, the meanings of which have been debated by scholars throughout the ages.

In the modern world, most people have chosen to balance religion with science, seeking interpretations of sections such as Revelations that make sense against a larger frame of reference. However, many people believe that these sections are meant to be taken literally. If this is the case, then the End Times will be extremely scary. It is easy to see how a belief in the literal interpretation of religious writings could develop into a phobia.

If you have a doomsday phobia, it is important to seek professional help. The phobia is treatable but can worsen over time. Cognitive-behavioral therapy is a popular treatment for phobias. The goal of this type of therapy is to help you replace your fearful self-talk with more positive messages.“

Does this remind you of anybody right here in this forum?

@bongsaway

Post #7 - is a doomsday phobia.
But, not the biblical one.

Many folks are agitated by Trump - because they see the day he wins, as...................................DOOMSDAY!

You see one or two of those fretful anti-Trump posts practically in every thread.
They couldn't stop from talking about him!
So - they really fit the label, OBSESSION!

Last edited:
“Doomsday phobias are a broad category of phobias that can encompass any fear of the end of the world. Some people fear plague,

Were you an avid vaxxer during the Covid hysteria?

Last edited:
“Doomsday phobias are a broad category of phobias that can encompass any fear of the end of the world. Some people fear plague, others nuclear winter, while other people are afraid of Armageddon.

You forgot to add the biggest DOOMSDAY fear of all - that even mainstream media are peeing all over themselves!

CLIMATE CHANGE.

Lol - you can't have a hot or cold day.....without it being a record-breaker of some sort!
And..........many people agree, and start believing - even when they could remember that there was a storm much worse that this or that in the distant past (just because that's what it says on tv)!

Lol - they don't even question how come rocket ships are suddenly being made - for commercial purpose!
Space travel is the new frontier!
Lol - what happened to emmissions?

This is worst than religion!

NATIONS are being dictated to, and forced to live a certain way - which of course doesn't apply to the powerful!

Lol - check out the carbon tax in Canada!

What countries are complaining over taxes?

This is another industry!
Investors in green products are getting richer!

And people who support this, would be the ones who complain, "the poor are getting poorer! The rich are getting richer!"

Well of course!
Who do you think can afford to invest?
:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Discussions are NOT just simply post after post, saying nothing else but, "it's a myth!"

When that is all what one can utter in a discussion forum - it begins to sound more as a DENIAL.

In a discussion - you are expected to explain why you say so, and back up your claim.
Personal opinion(s) are not really taken seriously.

At least, your OP is composed of a clip from an article.
Your contribution to your OP?

Does this remind you of anybody right here in this forum?

And I say - funny, you should ask.

People have been convinced the prophecies of Revelations are happening tomorrow since it was written.

People have been convinced the prophecies of Revelations are happening tomorrow since it was written.

I don't know about tomorrow.
There is no specific date given in the Bible.

There are people who talk about current events and are, SPECULATING.

Of course, there is a sense of excitement and anticipation among many Christians, because end times means the SECOND COMING.
That's the whole point for all the teachings of Christ!
People being informed - in preparation for His Second Coming.

But some had given specific dates though - and had been shown to be wrong.

In fact, the Bible says no one knows when, except GOD.

Last edited:
@bongsaway

Post #7 - is a doomsday phobia.
But, not the biblical one.

Many folks are agitated by Trump - because they see the day he wins, as...................................DOOMSDAY!

You see one or two of those fretful anti-Trump posts practically in every thread.
They couldn't stop from talking about him!
So - they really fit the label, OBSESSION!
I can't imagine why people talk about candidate trump after all he only wants to be a dictator for one day.

A discourse is based on two or more people having a verbal exchange or a conversation.
A debate is to engage in discussions regarding opposing points.

I was not ranting.
I was giving my point.
Who's counting how many times people post?
If I have a lot to say, it could take several posts!

Me posting 3 consecutive times - why does that bother you?
Is that why you were getting all bent out of shape in the End Times thread?
Because of my many, many posts?

Lol - don't tell me...................................could it be................................... I HAVE BECOME YOUR..................... PHOBIA? 😁

Five more rants. Thank you for proving post #105 over and over.

Five more rants. Thank you for proving post #105 over and over.

Unlike you - at least I've got substantial things to say.

Look at you on my thread - you're more than ranting.
You're OBSESSING again!

from posts #176 to 181

Lol - deja vu. It starts innocent enough. A comment here and there.
But watch out........................once it gets going..............

before we know it - you'll start racking them up and come up with more posts than me in my own thread!

Unlike you - at least I've got substantial things to say.

Look at you on my thread - you're more than ranting.
You're OBSESSING again!

from posts #176 to 181

Lol - deja vu. It starts innocent enough. A comment here and there.
But watch out........................once it gets going..............

before we know it - you'll start racking them up and come up with more posts than me in my own thread!

Good morning Tosca. eh, tooo much laughing in this dooooms thread.

what's going on this morning?

let's top this off with a miraculous story of a child that God healed after his heart stopped for 14 hours; thankfully the lame news reported on this one ....

There was no doubt in McDaniel’s mind that his son would survive because of his unrelenting trust in the Lord. And with that, he clutched Anderson’s hand and they prayed hard, even praying with family members. And within one hour, the unthinkable happened.

“His heart just restarted!” Maddux said. “That was really an incredible thing that occurred.”

After 14 long hours, Cartier’s heart was pumping again, and it was something doctors had never seen before.

“Everybody else was jumping up and screaming and everything,” Anderson said. “I just still couldn’t process what was going on … like you gave me the worst news of my life to the best news of my life.”

‘God got the last say’​

Cartier’s journey has defied the odds, and some would say science, as his heart is now beating perfectly. But for this faithful family, it can only be one thing.

“God got the last say,” McDaniel said. “I know that God is real. I’m a firm believer in Jesus Christ.”

Good morning Tosca. eh, tooo much laughing in this dooooms thread.

what's going on this morning?

Could be another doom. I just found this.

Lol - even science is on the End Times mindset! 😁

Could science be developing a "doomsday" phobia?

A Saharan dust storm that reached southern Greece on Tuesday (April 23) has turned the sky over Athens and other Greek cities an apocalyptic reddish-orange hue.

Acropolis apocalypse: Skies turn orange, red over Greece, Libya

Could be another fretful night for some folks out there.

Last edited:
I just found this.

A Saharan dust storm that reached southern Greece on Tuesday (April 23) has turned the sky over Athens and other Greek cities an apocalyptic reddish-orange hue.

the May 22, 1915 eruption of Lassen Peak as seen from Red Bluff, California.

The May 22, 1915 eruption of Lassen Peak as seen from Red Bluff, California
NPS Photo

NPS Photo

That's 1915.

get in the game, Michael!
I'm referring to the language being used by science these days!

Even media seems to be developing a" doomsday phobia!"

'Apocalyptic' Dubai floods shake picture-perfect city

Over an unprecedented 48 hours, the skies over the United Arab Emirates darkened and torrential storms washed away Dubai's picture-perfect image.

That's 1915.

get in the game, Michael!
I'm referring to the language being used by science these days!

Even media seems to be developing a" doomsday phobia!"

'Apocalyptic' Dubai floods shake picture-perfect city

Over an unprecedented 48 hours, the skies over the United Arab Emirates darkened and torrential storms washed away Dubai's picture-perfect image.
krakatoa-explosion.jpg

NPS Photo

Oh, boy.

That would be really scary if ever it goes off again.

Two magnitude 5 earthquakes hit the Lake Almanor area over a 12-hour span on Thursday afternoon and Friday morning.
With this area so close to Lassen Volcanic National Park, which is famous for its volcanic and geological activity,

it begs the question – are the earthquakes related to the volcanic activity of the park?

Despite the interconnectedness of volcanic activity and earthquakes in the region, predicting when an earthquake might trigger an eruption, or vice versa, remains elusive.
The potential danger of an earthquake
around 7.0 or more could result in significant volcanic activity.
Residents of the area surrounding Lassen Volcanic National Park should stay prepared for the worst case scenario, as the area may be overdue for the next “big one.”

Oh, boy.

That would be really scary if ever it goes off again.

Two magnitude 5 earthquakes hit the Lake Almanor area over a 12-hour span on Thursday afternoon and Friday morning.
With this area so close to Lassen Volcanic National Park, which is famous for its volcanic and geological activity,

it begs the question – are the earthquakes related to the volcanic activity of the park?

Despite the interconnectedness of volcanic activity and earthquakes in the region, predicting when an earthquake might trigger an eruption, or vice versa, remains elusive.
The potential danger of an earthquake
around 7.0 or more could result in significant volcanic activity.
Residents of the area surrounding Lassen Volcanic National Park should stay prepared for the worst case scenario, as the area may be overdue for the next “big one.”

Could be another doom. I just found this.

Acropolis apocalypse: Skies turn orange, red over Greece, Libya

More myth and superstition from you, as usual.

Back
Top Bottom