• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Don't Say Gay": How the Right Uses Stigma

It wont stop at just keeping a picture of their gay partner on a teacher's desk.
You lot wont be happy until the world is covered in rainbow flags 😂

And keep in mind, when you almost daily beg heterosexual people of acceptance of the gay lifestyle, you are really asking that of conservatives since liberals have historically been more accepting of LGBT. Stop and think about that for a minute. The very people you oppose politically, are the same people you are asking for acceptance and validation for your lifestyle from, even though we're now in 2023 and most right-wingers (including me) dont give a shit who you sleep with
How are you being begged for acceptance and how is that acceptance enforced? Is there an acceptance petition to be signed at the courthouse, DMV, or your church?

What exactly is the gay lifestyle? Link?

If you truly don't care then why cant you stop whining and leave people alone to live their lives with equal rights/freedoms?

Why exactly is it that the golden rule is now a radical idea with MAGAs in the past decade? Is this your idea of family values and morality? Do you feel threatened by LGBT people existing openly with equality? Is there a LGBT recruiting drive to make your kids gay that my George Soros decoder ring didn't tell me about?

It wont stop at just keeping a picture of their gay partner on a teacher's desk.
Slippery slope fallacy.
What lot?

Who are you refering to?
And keep in mind, when you almost daily beg heterosexual people of acceptance of the gay lifestyle, you are really asking that of conservatives since liberals have historically been more accepting of LGBT. Stop and think about that for a minute. The very people you oppose politically, are the same people you are asking for acceptance and validation for your lifestyle from, even though we're now in 2023 and most right-wingers (including me) dont give a shit who you sleep with
You seem to think i am gay. Can you explain why you think that?

And by the way, @CLAX1911 , who has participated in this discussion, is gay, openly, and also very conservative.......so i am not sure what you are getting at above.

So what? What are you afraid of? The fact that there is a microwave and a landline phone in class tells me it is more of a teachers lounge then a typical classroom.

Whart are you so afraid of anyhow? That kids will be tauight not kill bully and kill LGBT classmates?

I have a microwave and a landline phone in my classroom. It's very, very normal to see a phone in a classroom.

I have a microwave and a landline phone in my classroom. It's very, very normal to see a phone in a classroom.
What grade do you teach?

Why would there be a microwave in 1st grade classroom? I've only ever seen a microwave in Home Ec. class.

Why would there be a microwave in 1st grade classroom? I've only ever seen a microwave in Home Ec. class.

To warm up food for lunch. :)

My team and I decided to put the microwave in my room because I have more counter space for it. We all use it for lunch or warming up coffee, tea, etc. We also have teachers with refrigerators and coffee makers in their rooms.

How are you being begged for acceptance and how is that acceptance enforced? Is there an acceptance petition to be signed at the courthouse, DMV, or your church?

What exactly is the gay lifestyle? Link?

If you truly don't care then why cant you stop whining and leave people alone to live their lives with equal rights/freedoms?

Why exactly is it that the golden rule is now a radical idea with MAGAs in the past decade? Is this your idea of family values and morality? Do you feel threatened by LGBT people existing openly with equality? Is there a LGBT recruiting drive to make your kids gay that my George Soros decoder ring didn't tell me about?
No Lisa, I dont feel threatened. I was never against gay rights to begin with.
But your movement made a serious error when you started coming after little kids.
Just so we're clear:

- I'm okay with gay marriage
- I support that gay people cannot be fired for being gay
- I support that gay people cannot evicted for being gay

What I'm against is:

- Rainbow flags inside classrooms, especially when it comes to 8-year old kids
- Drag shows for little kids
- LGBT parading naked at pride parades in front of kids (which is technically illegal btw)

I hope that clears it up

No Lisa, I dont feel threatened. I was never against gay rights to begin with.
But your movement made a serious error when you started coming after little kids.
Just so we're clear:

- I'm okay with gay marriage
- I support that gay people cannot be fired for being gay
- I support that gay people cannot evicted for being gay

This is nightly white of you. How about being refused service for being LGBT, such as the bigot baker or the "303 creative" decision?
What I'm against is:

- Rainbow flags inside classrooms, especially when it comes to 8-year old kids
- Drag shows for little kids
- LGBT parading naked at pride parades in front of kids (which is technically illegal btw)

I hope that clears it up
Do rainbow flags or drag queens have a negative effect on heterosexual kids? Did someone tell you that these are LGBT recruiting drives?

Don't go to the Pride parades and it wont be an issue. I've only ever gone to one, about 30 years ago. I wonder know about people are pride parades if conservatives would stop setting their chest hair on fire about it. I assume you are equally outraged about Halloween, Mardi-Gras and Carnival parades, or are those different because its a Christian festival?

Slippery slope fallacy.

What lot?

Who are you refering to?

You seem to think i am gay. Can you explain why you think that?

And by the way, @CLAX1911 , who has participated in this discussion, is gay, openly, and also very conservative.......so i am not sure what you are getting at above.
You know the slippery slope fallacy is so very common with this discussions like this. If we allow this then people will want to do this well sure that's that's true but if you allow this and don't allow the next thing that people want to do or you're sending you found me and that's okay.

I don't think the teacher should be tired for having a picture of your spouse on their desk I don't think they should be tired if this mention them I don't think they should be fired if they have a Bible under desk. As long as it doesn't interfere with the teaching of the kids the subject that's being taught.

There is no equivalence. Marriage between normal people with normal sexuality is good and two men engaging in sodomy is bad.

Demonstrate that without appealing to a book of mythology.

“Normal” has no meaning beyond statistical variance.

LOL.....thats total bullshit
No it isn't. Part of going to school learning how to interact with people do you ever known someone who did homeschool you'll know this. So it's okay if people are different I believe there should be boundaries especially between teachers and students. There's always going to be somebody that pushes those boundaries no matter what they are. We just have to have the wisdom to know if the boundary being pushed needs to be pushed or if it needs to be kept.

You know the slippery slope fallacy is so very common with this discussions like this. If we allow this then people will want to do this well sure that's that's true but if you allow this and don't allow the next thing that people want to do or you're sending you found me and that's okay.

I don't think the teacher should be tired for having a picture of your spouse on their desk I don't think they should be tired if this mention them I don't think they should be fired if they have a Bible under desk. As long as it doesn't interfere with the teaching of the kids the subject that's being taught.
I totally agree.

You lot wont be happy until the world is covered in rainbow flags 😂

My partner keeps at the church him and me on his desk it's been there when he first got a desk which was three School seasons ago. No kid has asked him about it. And it's only the beginning if we let it. You can say hey a picture on your desk is okay but a rainbow flag on the wall is not. We can make those limits. You will always be someone pushing them no matter what limits you make anywhere in society there will always be someone pushing them.

Just for your information I've never asked anyone for acceptance. I've only ever asked that I'd be left alone. I think that's about to ask of people.

There is no equivalence. Marriage between normal people with normal sexuality is good and two men engaging in sodomy is bad.
Gay marriage predates the Christian religion in Greece and Mesopotamia. Your book of fiction plays no role in the rights and freedoms of others in a secular society such as ours with a separation of church and state. If your supposed all powerful and all knowing god doesn't like LGBT people then why does she keep making so many of them?

Maybe you should pray to your god that your priests and ministers stop sexually abusing little kids, or is that permissible in the christian religion?

There is history of recorded same-sex unions around the world.[3] Various types of same-sex unions have existed, ranging from informal, unsanctioned relationships to highly ritualized unions.

Same-sex unions were known in Ancient Greece and Rome,[3] ancient Mesopotamia,[4] in some regions of China, such as Fujian province, and at certain times in ancient European history.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_same-sex_unions

Sodomy in not unknown among heterosexual s couples. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...2/heterosexual-anal-play-increasingly-popular

I totally agree.
The School district my partner works for has a very large student body. Over 1,000 pupils. And it's pretty urban area. And it's pretty diverse culturally speaking. One of the things this school district does is it wants to make sure you gay kids or kids that are feeling like they may be having someone that looks out for them. And since my partner is gay they asked him to do it. And because of that on the door to his classroom there is a sticker about 6 in tall and the rainbow flag on it and right underneath it says safe place. This is for if gay kids feel like they're being bullied or you not even necessarily gay kids but it's a special outreach to them. I thought that was kind of cool. I was very very deep in the closet when I was that age.

The School district my partner works for has a very large student body. Over 1,000 pupils. And it's pretty urban area. And it's pretty diverse culturally speaking. One of the things this school district does is it wants to make sure you gay kids or kids that are feeling like they may be having someone that looks out for them. And since my partner is gay they asked him to do it. And because of that on the door to his classroom there is a sticker about 6 in tall and the rainbow flag on it and right underneath it says safe place. This is for if gay kids feel like they're being bullied or you not even necessarily gay kids but it's a special outreach to them. I thought that was kind of cool. I was very very deep in the closet when I was that age.
I find it hard to believe that people would have a problem with that. But many on the right will say that is an example of shoving the gay agenda down their throats or sexualizing children.

Demonstrate that without appealing to a book of mythology.
Sodomy is a perversion of the sexual act, the penis and vagina are clearly made to grapple, the penis and the anus are not. Putting it in an anus is how one gets HIV
“Normal” has no meaning beyond statistical variance.
🙄

I find it hard to believe that people would have a problem with that. But many on the right will say that is an example of shoving the gay agenda down their throats or sexualizing children.
I hadn't heard anything about it and since he started working at the school he got to know some of the other teachers and so have I. I think they would talk about this because he's not the only LGBT person teaching there. I thought the rules were a little more strict than another places just because it's Texas. But I don't know. They said no political flags allowed so that means no dln flag so democrat or republican flags unless you have both of them right around election years. They don't want to give off any ideas that teacher thinks you should support her to leave a certain thing. I don't know if this is a Texas rule or if it's a school district rule. You pretty in the other LGBT teachers that work there seem to be fine with it.

Sodomy is a perversion of the sexual act, the penis and vagina are clearly made to grapple, the penis and the anus are not. Putting it in an anus is how one gets HIV

🙄
I think you're most important and it might be dangerous to you. Putting your penis in someone's butt isn't the only way that you can get HIV. If you exchange body fluids then infected person and yes they can be female.

Don't think that just because you're not having a homosexual sex with somebody that you can't get HIV. Or other STIs.

See, that right there is what got us evicted from the Garden of Eden. Learning to call some things 'good' and other things 'evil'.

🙄
What other adults do with each other is none of your business.

What do you have against freedom?

Back
Top Bottom