• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Don't forget to set your clocks back 50 years tonight!

Register and vote in every election. There are more of us than there are of them in almost any issue. This shite has just gotten very real for millions of people that never thought about it before.

View attachment 67398619
Ooooohhh..I like that! Excellent mind twist.

Canadia sure saw through the smoke screen - the takeaway is sure clear without the partisan blinders on:

Trudeau called the court’s decision “horrific” and voiced concern that the ruling could someday allow a rollback of legal protections for gay relationships, including the right for same-sex couples to marry.

"Women for generations have fought for more rights in the United States, only to see this setback, to worry as well about how this can be expanded to more rights be taken away in the United States,” Trudeau said. “This is a reminder of how we need to be unequivocal in our defense of people’s rights, in not taking anything for granted, in staying vigilant, and always standing up for woman’s rights, for LBGT rights, for the rights of people who are disenfranchised and marginalized.”

Uhm you do know the left owns the presidency, house and senate right, and the guy who takes a shower with his daughter just said he won't increase the Supreme Court.
When did trump say any such thing?

Old people passing away? It was the boomers who stared the fight for the environment, women, gays, all the principles the enlighted have.

This is not an age issue this is a cultural issue. Red hats come in old and young.

Bingo!

Since you remembered Obama saying he would codify Roe vs Wade surly you can also remember he had a super majority and could of gotten anything passed

Obama had a scant Supermajority on paper, but never had a working Supermajority for any substantive period of time, certainly not enough to effect legislation over Republican obstruction. The Devil is in the details!

I don't remember if he had a supermajority but I'll take your word for it.

But the problem is the fact that he didn't may make my point stronger. It doesn't in any way make it weaker.

If a President with a supermajority can't or won't get a bill passed what does that say about a President who won't or can't get a bill passed with just a majority? It should be much easier with a supermajority right?

I wouldn't be so quick to acquiesce. Obama never had a working Supermajority for any substantive period of time - certainly not enough to effect legislation over Republican obstruction.

At best he had several months of a present Supermajority, comprising of several very short periods broken-up over multiple times during the two year period.

Don't buy the GOP memes!

Reference:

Obama had a scant Supermajority on paper, but never had a working Supermajority for any substantive period of time, certainly not enough to effect legislation over Republican obstruction. The Devil is in the details!

I wouldn't be so quick to acquiesce. Obama never had a working Supermajority for any substantive period of time - certainly not enough to effect legislation over Republican obstruction.

At best he had several months of a present Supermajority, comprising of several very short periods broken-up over multiple times during the two year period.

Don't buy the GOP memes!

Reference:

Obama had it long enough to pass Obama care in the middle of the night, he could of gotten alot done if he wasn't vacationing in Hawaii all the time playing golf, or Michelle taking Airforce two to Paris for lunch

Obama had it long enough to pass Obama care in the middle of the night, he could of gotten alot done if he wasn't vacationing in Hawaii all the time playing golf, or Michelle taking Airforce two to Paris for lunch

Another GOP meme! No, Obama did not have a supermajority for the ACA! Nor did he have a supermajority for Cloture!

The ACA was not Clotured or Passed by a supermajority. It was ushered through by the "Budget Reconciliation" Process.

Another GOP meme! No, Obama did not have a supermajority for the ACA! Nor did he have a supermajority for Cloture!

The ACA was not Clotured or Passed by a supermajority. It was ushered through by the "Budget Reconciliation" Process.
Gotcha so you admit Obama had a super majority and did absolutely nothing

Gotcha so you admit Obama had a super majority and did absolutely nothing

??

You completely lost me, here.

Take a closer look at my post. I clearly stated he did not have a supermajority, and specifically not when the ACA was enacted.

If there's any confusion or clarification needed over this or the Reconciliation process, I'm happy to help out.

But, I'm outta' here in the next 5 or 10 mins - until later tonight if I get a chance!

??

You completely lost me, here.

Take a closer look at my post. I clearly stated he did not have a supermajority, and specifically not when the ACA was enacted.

If there's any confusion or clarification needed over this or the Reconciliation process, I'm happy to help out.

But, I'm outta' here in the next 5 or 10 mins, until later tonight if I get a chance!
Obama had a supermajority before Ted died

Obama had a supermajority before Ted died

How are you counting "supermajority"? On paper? Or, on the floor? It has to be on the floor to be a supermajority; that goes in spades for the context your using. And again, there was no supermajority when the ACA was enacted. Which is why Reconciliation was used.

So besides no supermajority for the ACA, Obama never had a substantive supermajority for nearly the whole 2 year period claimed, as I earlier explained. There were only several brief scant periods of supermajority, totaling several months. Surely, not "two years" as claimed.

How are you counting "supermajority"? On paper? Or, on the floor? It has to be on the floor to be a supermajority; that goes in spades for the context your using. And again, there was no supermajority when the ACA was enacted. Which is why Reconciliation was used.

So besides no supermajority for the ACA, Obama never had a substantive supermajority for nearly the whole 2 year period claimed, as I earlier explained. There were only several brief scant periods of supermajority, totaling several months. Surely, not "two years" as claimed.
I never claimed 2 years, that's when Ted was dying, it doesn't take along time to get a bill passed and signed into law, heck no one read Obama care and he signed it three days later

So you don't know what's going on and you are behaving as the Media wants you to!....
Sad!

You know that they are just moving this argument from the Federal Government to the State level!
So there will be states that will allow 12yrs girls to get abortion with out the Parents consent 24/7,
and some states can possible have no abortions allowed in that state....

In either Extreme, it will be up to the States Voters to resolve the issue!

P.S. Go read what the SCOTUS wrote, you can find it online, and stop depending on the Propagandist to
tell you how to think and feel!

Don't buy the GOP memes!

Reference:

Damn. Obama having a supermajority actually strengthens my argument.

Back to the drawing board. 😂

Number one concern is the massive inflation we have. People vote their wallet/pocketbook.

People in California and New York are not going to get too worked up. They have on demand abortion.
Show up and get rid of your kid.

The Guttmacher Institute estimates that approximately 154,060 abortions took place in California during 2020.

In 2017, 105,380 abortions were provided in New York, though not all abortions that occurred in New York were provided to state residents
Abortion has zero to do with kids.

SORRY, BUT ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES.........
And that is why everyone should vote. I'd love to see a federal mandatory voting law.

Back
Top Bottom