• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donation reminder - small modification. Also - 'likes' tools.

iangb

Lurker
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
First, just a tiny thing - I just got the '2000 posts!' donation request, which reminded me to actually get around to donating - so it worked great! I just had the small thought that it would be worth putting a link in the reminder itself straight to the donation page, as I then spent ten minutes hunting around my user area trying to work out how to get there and had almost given up before I spotted it.

Secondly - likes (this may have been asked before). Is it possible to get any tools for looking at 'likes' - eg how many times I've liked a particular person's posts, how many times they've liked mine, most popular posts, anything showing likes split up by lean of the poster/liker etc... Just curious to see, and it would be interesting to find the common ground where 'liberals' have like 'conservative' posts and so on...

Food for thought.

....and it would be interesting to find the common ground where 'liberals' have like 'conservative' posts and so on...
This usually happens in music, liquor and sports related threads. You will find little to no common ground on political issues.

This usually happens in music, liquor and sports related threads. You will find little to no common ground on political issues.
I'm not so sure. There's been several posts I've liked of recent times from posters I would have expected to disagree with (naming no names...) - normally because they said something eminantly sensible, whether I agreed with it (normally!) or not. This in areas like abortion, SSM, trans rights/recognition - even the ACA...

Back
Top Bottom