• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump to Father of Fallen Soldier: 'I’ve Made a Lot of Sacrifices'[W:498]

Re: Donald Trump to Father of Fallen Soldier: 'I’ve Made a Lot of Sacrifices'

Trumps main problem is his very thin skin. He is not able to take criticism. He feels that he has to go nuclear on anyone who publicly criticises him, no matter whether they matter in the election or not. He did not need to trade barbs with Mr. Khan. If he had merely let it go, it would have been a one or two day story and then would have been mostly forgotten. That same thin skin is why the only primary opponents who endorsed him were the ones offered cabinet positions. The spat with Cruz, Jeb, and Rubio was not necessary and most of it had nothing to do with policy issues. In the long run it has been harmful to his campaign. If he grows a thicker skin, I think he will defeat crooked Hillary. If he remains thin skinned, at some point the democrats will figure out how to set him off and make him implode just like they did with Perot in the 92 race.

I agree with most everything you said, with the exception of him beating Hillary if he changes. I think it's too late now. Hillary was highly beatable by probably anyone of the other top GOP candidates, except Cruz.

But yes, he only has himself to blame here. That said, I still suspect we're going to have to spend all of November listening to him tell us that the election was rigged and Obama personally screwed with all of the Diebold machines and Hillary gave blowjobs to every Republican in North Carolina to get their votes and Kasich was barring the poling place doors in Ohio and the Mexicans were threatening voters in Dallas and Rachel Maddow was sending subliminal messages to Independents and all of the Muslims voted 7 times on behalf of their dead relatives. The only one he won't blame is himself. He isn't capable of it.

Re: Donald Trump to Father of Fallen Soldier: 'I’ve Made a Lot of Sacrifices'

I agree with most everything you said, with the exception of him beating Hillary if he changes. I think it's too late now. Hillary was highly beatable by probably anyone of the other top GOP candidates, except Cruz.

But yes, he only has himself to blame here. That said, I still suspect we're going to have to spend all of November listening to him tell us that the election was rigged and Obama personally screwed with all of the Diebold machines and Hillary gave blowjobs to every Republican in North Carolina to get their votes and Kasich was barring the poling place doors in Ohio and the Mexicans were threatening voters in Dallas and Rachel Maddow was sending subliminal messages to Independents and all of the Muslims voted 7 times on behalf of their dead relatives. The only one he won't blame is himself. He isn't capable of it.

If Trump goes on to lose, it does not really matter what excuses he comes up with. He will be seen as the "jackass" that inflicted Hillary and her US Supreme Court picks on us. My guess is that he would bellyache loudly for a few weeks and then slink into obscurity. However I disagree that it's too late or impossible for him to defeat Hillary. The deciding factor is not going to be opinion polls, it's going to be turnout on both sides. Hillary has both a "Bernie problem", and a charasma problem. The diehard democrats who care about nothing more then a "D" in front of her name will turn out for her, though I doubt the Bernie crowd will turn out for her in large numbers. I know a few personally, who are going for the Green party candidate. Trump drew the highest number of primary votes of any candidate in GOP history. Many conservatives will sit this one out. I am one of them. However if he gets a similar turnout on election day, he can win. He is still drawing very large crowds. However he will have to start acting presidential at some point. He will have to lose that thin skin. As conservative talk show host Mark Levin said: He could win despite himself.

Back
Top Bottom