• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump Once Mocked The Same George H.W. Bush Quote He Used To Remember Him

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...d-points-of-light_us_5c026ee4e4b04fb211685473

Trump mocked Bush’s “thousand points of light” quote at a rally earlier this year. He used the same quote in his tribute to the former president.

Former President George H.W. Bush died Friday at the age of 94.

President Donald Trump praised his Republican predecessor for inspiring generations of Americans “to be, in his words, ‘a thousand points of light’ illuminating the greatness, hope, and opportunity of America to the world.”
=================================================
'He whipped the crowd by mocking the philosophy:

“The thousand points of light, what the hell was that by the way? Thousand points of light, what did that mean, does anyone know? I know one thing, Make America Great Again we understand. Putting America first, we understand. Thousand points of light, I never quite got that one. What the hell is that? Has anyone ever figured that one out? And it was put out by a Republican, wasn’t it?”' Hypocrite.

TDS baby.jpg

lying left Trump says merry christmas.jpg

your personal attack is noted. leave it to the alt left radicals to tell people they dont agree with that they hope they get killed by a cop.

just shows how nuts you guys are after hillary got crushed in the election.

get over it

I didn't say that you should get killed by a cop. I said I felt like saying that but I know it's wrong to say that.

And the reason I feel like that is you don't care about people whose family members have been murdered by police. In your small mind, you either support the police or you support criminals. That's how limited your thinking is.

You don't care about all the completely innocent people who have been shot and killed by police who were completely exonerated by a system that turns a blind eye to their actions.

It's as if you can't imagine that some police are corrupt like any other group of human beings. You refuse to accept what we know as a fact--police protect each other. Prosecutors work with police so they protect them too. Police unions are very powerful so they protect cops too. So people who have been harmed by bad police can't seek any justice.

You don't care. It's just "let's support the police." So yeah, it a world of karmic justice you would meet a bad cop, get abused and see the officer exonerated.

I didn't say that you should get killed by a cop. I said I felt like saying that but I know it's wrong to say that.

And the reason I feel like that is you don't care about people whose family members have been murdered by police. In your small mind, you either support the police or you support criminals. That's how limited your thinking is.

You don't care about all the completely innocent people who have been shot and killed by police who were completely exonerated by a system that turns a blind eye to their actions.

It's as if you can't imagine that some police are corrupt like any other group of human beings. You refuse to accept what we know as a fact--police protect each other. Prosecutors work with police so they protect them too. Police unions are very powerful so they protect cops too. So people who have been harmed by bad police can't seek any justice.

You don't care. It's just "let's support the police." So yeah, it a world of karmic justice you would meet a bad cop, get abused and see the officer exonerated.

ah yes, backin off your alt left extremist comment. figured you would run like a scared child when confronted.

you hillarybots really lost your mind when your lady lost. and now its just hilarious to watch!

What if news came out that it was actually Trump tampering with the elections, and the Russia narrative was actually him running interference to obscure the real mastermind behind everything while throwing Putin under the bus? Bet that would surprise you!

hmmm if it was him ALONE, that would be somewhat surprising because but again theres really no evil he could do that would be that shocking . . .its hard to explain I guess. I by no means think he is the most evil in the world or anything but him being involved in something that screws the majority people over and treats them like lessers where he benefits would never be a huge shock. Right now just about everything he does is a shock factor of like 3 on a scale from 1-10.

What he does simply makes me say wow and shrug my shoulders .. . not that his actions at times are not repulsive but just again that its not really surprising . . .

If I were Trump, I wouldn't have talked about "thousand points of lights" during the campaign. I would have just said "George "Read My Lips" Bush". That would have been enough.

Of course, nobody's going to mention THAT little bit of Bush legacy today.

You mean when Bush raised taxes to balance the budget which led to Clinton having Budget surpluses instead of deficits? No, that's all forgotten by conservatives.

They cheer Reagan who began the era of massive deficits during a good economy. They cheered G.W. Bush who exploded deficits after Clinton handed him surpluses. They cheer Trump who continues this practice of ballooning deficits during a good economy.

We can't afford any more Republican presidents.

I honestly think you'd find a wide distance between those who voted eagerly for either Bush and those who voted for Trump reluctantly. Extremists win the primaries these days and moderates drop out after 3 or 5 states. What we are left with in the general is the epitome of divisiveness. Then in the general, they hold their nose and vote for who they think will do the least damage.

Bush Sr. wouldn't make it out of the primaries in today's GOP. Christ, the Republican base basically spent the last few years bashing him AND his wife (and his two sons) for daring NOT to vote for Trump in 2016 (and in Bush Sr. and his wife's case, voting for Hillary). Now suddenly because they both died, GOP voters are pretending that they hold Bush Sr. in high regard, despite spending the last few years calling him a "RINO", because he didn't support the orange chosen one? It's laughably hypocritical. Heck, at a Trump rally they recently cheered for him as he made fun of Bush Sr. with an old quote of his, the same quote he just used today while hypocritically praising a man we both know Trump doesn't give a crap about.

Besides, let us not pretend the dems have always shown restraint when it came to some form of celebrity.

Never said they did, but the Republican base has proven themselves far worse. They spent 8 years calling Obama a celebrity president, and then elect an actual T.V. celebrity to be their next president. Ironic, isn't it?

ah yes, backin off your alt left extremist comment. figured you would run like a scared child when confronted.

you hillarybots really lost your mind when your lady lost. and now its just hilarious to watch!

It's not my fault your reading comprehension is so low that I have to explain things to you again, slowly. I didn't back off my comment. You misread my comment.

Feel free to continue your bootlicking of government enforcers except when they go after your beloved Trump.

If I were Trump, I wouldn't have talked about "thousand points of lights" during the campaign. I would have just said "George "Read My Lips" Bush". That would have been enough.

Of course, nobody's going to mention THAT little bit of Bush legacy today.

actually its been mentioned everytime he was mentioned today in anything that contain any depth . . .:shrug:
. video, print etc . . as usual you are wrong

You mean when Bush raised taxes to balance the budget which led to Clinton having Budget surpluses instead of deficits? No, that's all forgotten by conservatives.

They cheer Reagan who began the era of massive deficits during a good economy. They cheered G.W. Bush who exploded deficits after Clinton handed him surpluses. They cheer Trump who continues this practice of ballooning deficits during a good economy.

We can't afford any more Republican presidents.

Actually, I was referring to how Bush, to get elected, pledged "no new taxes". Then he stupidly believed the Dems when they said they would reduce spending if he raised taxes. He did. They didn't. And then, when he ran against Clinton, they smeared him because he went back on his no new taxes promise. He totally let the Dems rope-a-dope him throughout his Presidency.

What makes it worse is that the Dems ran the same taxes/spending/lie scheme on Bush's former boss...Reagan. So, it's not like Bush has much of an excuse for his stupidity.

“This is America ... a brilliant diversity spread like stars, like a thousand points of light in a broad and peaceful sky.” — Acceptance speech at Republican National Convention, Aug. 18, 1988.

Can you imagine Trump or today's conservatives calling America a "brilliant diversity"? The Republican party has completely collapsed into a kind of hate group.

Geroge H. W. Bush said:
I have spoken of a thousand points of light, of all the community organizations that are spread like stars throughout the Nation, doing good. We will work hand in hand, encouraging, sometimes leading, sometimes being led, rewarding. We will work on this in the White House, in the Cabinet agencies. I will go to the people and the programs that are the brighter points of light, and I will ask every member of my government to become involved. The old ideas are new again because they are not old, they are timeless: duty, sacrifice, commitment, and a patriotism that finds its expression in taking part and pitching in

Community organizers are good? Yes, once upon a time conservatives believed that it was noble for communities to organize and work together to improve their own circumstances. That's what Obama did. It wasn't just political. Poor Chicago communities working together to "pitch in" and fix their problem. Today's conservatives mock this idea.

RIP George H.W. Bush

RIP Republican Party

actually its been mentioned everytime he was mentioned today in anything that contain any depth . . .:shrug:
. video, print etc . . as usual you are wrong

Oh. Well cool. To be honest, I haven't been following the talking potato heads and what they are saying. I rarely do.

Actually, I was referring to how Bush, to get elected, pledged "no new taxes". Then he stupidly believed the Dems when they said they would reduce spending if he raised taxes. He did. They didn't. And then, when he ran against Clinton, they smeared him because he went back on his no new taxes promise. He totally let the Dems rope-a-dope him throughout his Presidency.

What makes it worse is that the Dems ran the same taxes/spending/lie scheme on Bush's former boss...Reagan. So, it's not like Bush has much of an excuse for his stupidity.

When will you hold Republicans responsible for their massive deficit spending? You blame Reagan's deficits on Democrats. You blame Bush Sr's deficits on Democrats. Now Trump has all Republicans everywhere and a good economy and we have a huge deficit. Will you blame Democrats again?

Why is it that when Democrats are in office the deficits shrink?

It's not my fault your reading comprehension is so low that I have to explain things to you again, slowly. I didn't back off my comment. You misread my comment.

Feel free to continue your bootlicking of government enforcers except when they go after your beloved Trump.

yawn. more at left radical nonsense about trump being arrested. the reality? the houses investigation has to go to the senate :)

You know whats crazy . . . as disgusting as this is this is it still has a ZERO surprise factor with me simply because its trump . . i mean i still say wow and shake my head but he's done so many things nothing is really THAT shocking.

At this point i honestly cant think of anything that would surprise me with him regarding something negative, like nothing, I cant make up something that would surprise me

And that's how it works. Inured. They say the same thing happens with kids and violence from video games. By 2020 nobody will care anymore about lies, schoolyard taunts, corruption and unscrupulous behaviour that falls just short of criminal. It's called making America great again.

When will you hold Republicans responsible for their massive deficit spending? You blame Reagan's deficits on Democrats. You blame Bush Sr's deficits on Democrats. Now Trump has all Republicans everywhere and a good economy and we have a huge deficit. Will you blame Democrats again?

Why is it that when Democrats are in office the deficits shrink?

I blame deficit spending on Congress...where the blame belongs. Doesn't matter to me if they are Dem or Rep. If they aren't CUTTING spending, they are wrong.

But in the case I mentioned about Bush and Reagan, it was all Dems.

Oh. Well cool. To be honest, I haven't been following the talking potato heads and what they are saying. I rarely do.
LMAO
What talking potatoes heads are you referring to?
and you admit you made a dishonest claim without even knowing real information then?:lamo

1.) And that's how it works. Inured. They say the same thing happens with kids and violence from video games.
2.) By 2020 nobody will care anymore about lies, schoolyard taunts, corruption and unscrupulous behaviour that falls just short of criminal. It's called making America great again.

1.) "They" do say that but its not the case to normal people ill never buy it because theres no logic in it.
also for the record I didnt say i dont care, i still care today just like i did decades ago its just not a shock in this instance for Trump. It becomes learned education, it becomes common sense, it becomes a known fact he is capable of being a vile person. I still see it as vile just not a surprise.
2.) I dont disagree with you but thats already the case now with many people but again its not NORMAL people its the nutters. The nutters are braver now, losing self shame and feel empowered but they are still nutters and not the norm.

Normal people right left and center just simply have to keep calling them out . . they know the war is over so they are making a last stand

LMAO
What talking potatoes heads are you referring to?

These talking potato heads: "actually its been mentioned everytime he was mentioned today in anything that contain any depth . . .
. video, print etc "

and you admit you made a dishonest claim without even knowing real information then?:lamo

I didn't make a dishonest claim. I gave my opinion. And I acknowledge your information.

Take a chill pill, eh?

1.) These talking potato heads: "actually its been mentioned everytime he was mentioned today in anything that contain any depth . . .
. video, print etc "
2.)I didn't make a dishonest claim. I gave my opinion. And I acknowledge your information.
3.)Take a chill pill, eh?

1.) so who are they, who are the talking potato heads?
2.) so what was your opinion based on then?
3.) im always chill i cant be any other way but your deflection is noted. Ill be waiting on your answers, thanks :)

1.) so who are they, who are the talking potato heads?
2.) so what was your opinion based on then?
3.) im always chill i cant be any other way but your deflection is noted. Ill be waiting on your answers, thanks :)

Why do you care so much about what I say? Did someone pull your chain today and you decided to take it out on me? LOL!!

Anyway...

1. Who mentioned Bush "that contained any depth"? You evidently saw that stuff. I didn't.

2. shrug... I didn't think anyone would bring up "No New Taxes".

3. Cool.

1.) Why do you care so much about what I say?
2.) Did someone pull your chain today and you decided to take it out on me? LOL!!
3.) Who mentioned Bush "that contained any depth"? You evidently saw that stuff. I didn't.
4.) shrug... I didn't think anyone would bring up "No New Taxes".
5.) Cool.

1.) who said i care so much?
2.) deflections, strawmen and stalling tactics like this wont work ill just point them out, laugh, mock them, stay the course and ask my question again
3.) that doesnt answer any of my questions
4.) again thinking based on what?
5.) still waiting so ill ask again

A.) what/who are the potato heads
B.) What was your opinion based on

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...d-points-of-light_us_5c026ee4e4b04fb211685473

Trump mocked Bush’s “thousand points of light” quote at a rally earlier this year. He used the same quote in his tribute to the former president.

Former President George H.W. Bush died Friday at the age of 94.

President Donald Trump praised his Republican predecessor for inspiring generations of Americans “to be, in his words, ‘a thousand points of light’ illuminating the greatness, hope, and opportunity of America to the world.”
=================================================
'He whipped the crowd by mocking the philosophy:

“The thousand points of light, what the hell was that by the way? Thousand points of light, what did that mean, does anyone know? I know one thing, Make America Great Again we understand. Putting America first, we understand. Thousand points of light, I never quite got that one. What the hell is that? Has anyone ever figured that one out? And it was put out by a Republican, wasn’t it?”' Hypocrite.

I would say Donald definitely pulled a Melania here.

This is what Trump is capable of:

were-gonna-find-out-and-and-by-the-way-when-13282485.png

I blame deficit spending on Congress...where the blame belongs. Doesn't matter to me if they are Dem or Rep. If they aren't CUTTING spending, they are wrong.

But in the case I mentioned about Bush and Reagan, it was all Dems.

Dems were the cause of Reagan's massive tax cuts for the rich and huge increase in military spending?

Dems are to blame for Bush's massive tax cuts and wars?

That's absurd. Congress will try to work with a president.

It's not rocket science. Conservatives cut taxes. They get voted in office like Socrates' sweetshop owner promising voters tax cuts. They never discuss what they will cut to pay for those tax cuts. They never cut anything significant. Then they increase military spending. That's how conservatives create massive deficits.

It's hard for a Democrat congress to say no to a tax plan because people get excited about keeping more money. They don't think about the deficits they're passing on to their children.

Dems were the cause of Reagan's massive tax cuts for the rich and huge increase in military spending?

Dems are to blame for Bush's massive tax cuts and wars?

That's absurd. Congress will try to work with a president.

It's not rocket science. Conservatives cut taxes. They get voted in office like Socrates' sweetshop owner promising voters tax cuts. They never discuss what they will cut to pay for those tax cuts. They never cut anything significant. Then they increase military spending. That's how conservatives create massive deficits.

It's hard for a Democrat congress to say no to a tax plan because people get excited about keeping more money. They don't think about the deficits they're passing on to their children.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_Equity_and_Fiscal_Responsibility_Act_of_1982

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnibus_Budget_Reconciliation_Act_of_1990

*face palm*

What a disgraceful clown.

Yeah, it's nice that he tries to say something nice. But his nice words always sound so empty when you remember what he said before that. He could resolve today to stop trashtalking people in a way which makes his later words meaningless. But he won't.

Trump was 100% correct. The thousand points of light doesn't make any sense to the average American.

Back
Top Bottom