• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump calls Rex Tillerson "dumb as a rock" in a tweet

They might have had their hopes up about Tillerson and were disappointed with his performance. Some people look better on paper.
Having said that, I think Trump needs to slow down his rhetoric and the name calling. He isn't doing anyone any favors, least of all himself. Yet here we are, criticizing Trump for his behavior, when most of us could trump the Trump and do so on regular basis. Finger pointing right in the mirror might be in order.

For your review:

Yeah I saw that. Tillerson who ran a billion dollar company (much larger than Trump Organization) and negotiated (legally and transparently) with foreign governments and was recommended by Condoleezza Rice is "dumb as a rock" because Trump is angry and Hawkeye10 thinks he had "dumb" ideas. Makes sense in some alter universe I am sure.

Yeah I saw that. Tillerson who ran a billion dollar company (much larger than Trump Organization) and negotiated (legally and transparently) with foreign governments and was recommended by Condoleezza Rice is "dumb as a rock" because Trump is angry and Hawkeye10 thinks he had "dumb" ideas. Makes sense in some alter universe I am sure.

That you are a better judge than me has not been established.

With as often as I am right dont count your chickens too soon.

Also, you could be nicer.

That you are a better judge than me has not been established.

With as often as I am right dont count your chickens too soon.

Also, you could be nicer.

You are the poster aligning himself with Trump, so there is little space there to ask for me to be "nicer"

I'm not counting chickens. Just pointing out the obvious that Tillerson is hardly as dumb as a rock. Even if our POTUS chooses to tweet such insults.

Each time he does this his supporters (you too!) have to decide: a) Yeah, he's right even though he's obviously wrong; or b) He's lying but it doesn't matter because that's what he does.

Loyalty is a heavy burden. Choose the recipient with care. Truth should matter.

He had with EXXON gained a wealth of experience operating on the global stage, negotiating with people not Americans, working to further the agenda of his American company.....it was no stretch that he could take those skills and put them to work for America.

And then too there was this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rex_Tillerson

Unfortunately, the world does not revolve around oil. It does for Exxon. However there is much more to running the State Dept than the ability to negotiate an oil deal.

Tillerson for example had no concept of how to build the State Dept as an asset to a Republican Administration. If anything, he gutted the place and left its morale utterly in shambles. Tillerson had been at Exxon far too long and it simply left him a narrowly focused Executive which should have been obvious. Its not like there were not and are not Republicans around with foreign affairs experience. If you shake a tree around the Potomac, four of five will fall out of the thing.

Interestingly, Pompeo has not had the time to do much to build the asset either. But he has spent all of his time running around the world trying to make it look like Trump actually has a foreign policy....an impossible task. Tillerson was around early enough that Trump was still able to fake it or I should say that people simply were willing to cut Trump some slack. At least you come away with a clear understanding in the case of Pompeo that if he ever settles into the job of being the Sec of State instead of having to tell bold faced lies to support Trumpian nonsense, he could actually do that job. There was never any reason to believe Tillerson could regardless of how solid he was as an Exxon exec....that WAS his place, not the State Dept.

They might have had their hopes up about Tillerson and were disappointed with his performance. Some people look better on paper.
Having said that, I think Trump needs to slow down his rhetoric and the name calling. He isn't doing anyone any favors, least of all himself. Yet here we are, criticizing Trump for his behavior, when most of us could trump the Trump and do so on regular basis. Finger pointing right in the mirror might be in order.

Nope. I think most people, if the were president, would behave responsibly and listen to advisors who tell them not to tweet nonsense.

Trump is really on the low end of the maturity spectrum. If him mocking a disabled man didn't clue you in to his lack of basic morals or maturity then nothing will.

While at a an interview with CBS News while he was at a fundraiser for the MD Anderson Cancer Center, Rex Tillerson said that several times, he had to explain to Trump that the things he wanted to do were illegal. When Rex would explain that the law would have to be changed if he wanted to do it, Trump would lose interest, presumably because that would be too much work. Suffice it to say that Trump isn’t pleased right now.

500111f7-9ce3-4d1e-a28c-0b879d940f98.png

Trump, dude, I thought you were going to hire only the best??

I just don't understand how Trump still has supporters. Every intelligent person knows Trump is an idiot. Now we hear those who worked for him saying the same thing. This completely validates all the books written that claim those who work for him think he's a moron.

I just don't get how this is our reality. American voters are just this dumb and gullible. I can accept that some people were conned by a con man but by now the truth should be obvious.

The bigger the mistake is, the harder it can be to admit.

Tillerson is a lot of things. Dumb isn’t one of them.

When you work for Trump it is just a matter of time before he turns on you.

Does Trump not understand when he insults these people he is insulting himself since he is the one who appointed them? He is also gambling that Tillerson will be the bigger man and not attack back.

Or he wants Tillerson to attack so that less air time is given to all his other screw ups.

Or he wants Tillerson to attack so that less air time is given to all his other screw ups.

That's about as complicated as Trump's strategic thinking gets.

I don't think he has repeatedly lied to me at all.
Now you're the one not telling the truth.

Remember when Trump said he had nothing to do with Russia? Lie. Remember when he said Manafort only worked for Trump for a very short time (49 days)? Lie, even by official measures. Remember when Trump said he knew nothing about the Stormy Daniels payment? Lie.

These are just three of the most blatant ones. He repeatedly lies to you and either you're not being honest in acknowledging it or you're not smart enough to see it. Which is it?

Does that make him a liar.
What makes him a liar is all the lies he tells. The fact you ignore the fact he's a liar says quite a bit about you, in my opinion. Though, I must admit, I'm not surprised.

Does it make us a liar when we say we are going to do something and then are unable to do it?
No, it makes you a liar when you say something you know unequivocally is not true. Like Donald Trump does all the time.

Why are you not being honest in this discussion?

Tillerson performed better than I'd expected for an oil crony. Some say he got out because a deal fell through for Russian fossil fuels. Some say he got fed up with Trump. I think he just saw the writing on the wall and knew he'd be of more use elsewhere.

trump now bashes Tillerson...Yet trump hired him...Only the Best

trump loves Pompeo cos when trump tells him to jump - Pompeo jumps. But as soon as Pompeo says or does something trump is unhappy with, trump will be tweeting ' Pompeo is an idiot and whoever hired him is an idiot too".

That's fine, then you shouldn't have a problem with Trump telling us who he is every day. Be proud that he's representing the GOP I guess, and that he's molding the party to his image, these standards!

Reagan, Bush Snr and McCain would NOT be welcome in trump's republiKKKan party. The republiKKKans nominated him, they kissed his butt and they have let him do whatever he liked - including breaking the law. It will take years for the republikkkan party to be like the party Reagan and Bush Snr lead.

No I wish he would choose his words more carefully. But I knew what he was when I voted for him. I didn't vote for him because I liked him or appreciated his style. I didn't. I voted for a vision that I could believe in as best for America. In that, he has not disappointed.

But then I'm not afflicted with perpetual hatred for anybody and I don't suffer from TDS.

Have a nice day.

RACIST, MISOGYNIST , HOMOPHOBIC, CROOKED, DISGUSTING, RUSSIAN PUPPET......That was what you voted for and you are NOT disappointed that trump delivered all this s***** in buckets?

What will trump do next to make you trumpsters goosestep in unity?

1. Do you think Tillerson is lying?

2. If Tillerson is telling the truth, aren't you concerned that our president doesn't real briefs and asks people to do illegal things?

In your mind Trump makes a suggestion and Tillerson lets him know that it's illegal. But have you ever considered what Tillerson is referring to?

What is illegal?

Donald Trump denies discussing assassination of Syria's Assad

Or remember when Trump asked the Postmaster General to hike rates on Bezos only to be told that they can't do that.

Or remember when how people were paid to pick up the documents Trump illegally kept tearing up?

Or remember how Trump refused to stop using his cellphone despite being warned by the secret service.

This list is huge. Trump is an epic disaster as president. If something catastrophic happens, it will be because of citizens like you who chose to live in denial.

I've said it before and I will say it again;- trump could rape and murder a 12 year old girl live on national TV and the trumpsters would STILL support him.

The far right 'evangelicals' would praise trump for killing the girl because she was a sl**** and was asking for it.

I have to admit I saw that come across my feed and thought it was satire from a fake account. It's really incredible how childish our POTUS is - like a thin skinned pre-teen boy. "I'm not dumb - YOU'RE DUMB!!!" It's embarrassing as an American this guy actually is POTUS.

The real reason trump loves Pompeo is because Pompeo has NEVER told trump that what he is doing is illegal, immoral and unethical. Well how can he tell him when his mouth is full with trump's tiny ******.

When you can support what you just posted go for it. Until then again have great afternoon.

Thank you for admitting you ignore anti trump breaking news threads. On. This. Forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But you're ignoring the SUBSTANCE of what Tillerson said.

1. Trump doesn't read briefings

2. Trump has opinions he won't allow people to change that are not based on the briefings and facts

3. Trump wants to do things that are illegal and his babysitters have to stop him

It's not just Tillerson who has said this. At what point are you willing to accept that this is true?
And tillerson is in no way shape or form the "deepstate". Thats another important thing here. We know hes intelligent. We know hes not politically biased against trump. And his view of trump is that he ignores facts, wont read briefings, doesnt care about legality or ethics etc. Exactly the same that the "deepstate has been telling us.

Trump is a monster of a president.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

If Trump would ever learn to simply shut up, he'd solve 75% of his problems.

I think most people don't care about corruption as long as they feel the corrupt politicians are doing things they like. The Russian people's support of Putin is a perfect example of this.

But you really can't use Russia as an example, as Putin controls the TV, so he controls what he wants them to hear and dissidents get killed or jailed, so we don't have any idea the extent of dissent that might and most probably does exist in Russia.

Back
Top Bottom