• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump’s tax returns released by US House committee

Lol, use any words you like, Trump ****ed all healthy norms just to cover his fat ass.
He broke the law too. I hope they take him down on racketeering.
That’s nice. Still has nothing to do with the IRS policy.

Meaning that the Policy up to 12/22/2022 was NOT a law,

Secondly implies that the policy that was in place NEVER implied Annual Audits,

This basically further confirms my opinion that PRIOR presidents had select years audited JUST like Trumps. and NOT each year was it audited.

FACT Trumps Returns where in fact audited 2016 by the IRS. while he was President.

we are not sure if they were Annually audited, but that is not a stated policy or law.... so again neither Trump or IRS did anything wrong.....

You said they would investigate. When did the investigation occur and what were their findings?

From whom did you learn Trump's tax returns were not audited?

Can you find on his tax returns where they confirm he paid those charities?
Government departments aren’t charities and no, I haven’t looked. I’ll leave it to the newly formed internet tax experts. The accusation was that he hadn’t given to charity according to his tax returns, but I didn’t recall that he had promised to donate his salary to charity and haven’t found anything in any new reporting that claims he did.

From whom did you learn Trump's tax returns were not audited?
Representative Neal. The investigation I’ve been talking about is WHY didn’t the IRS audit Trump’s taxes like they were supposed to. You responded to me talking about an investigation, presumably the same one I was talking about, but now it seems you’re talking about something different.

No, I didn’t forget Trump’s lie, but it has nothing to do with what I posted which is the lie that the IRS was required by law to audit the president’s taxes.
You say no law, I say mandatory administrative rule. We are both correct, but what’s your larger point? The IRS did its job on Obama and Biden, didn’t do what is required under Trump. Did this surprise you?

There seems to be overwhelming disingenuousness or inexplicable naïveté about how unwilling some apparent Trump supporters are to think ill of his actions. They know his record, dating back to his phony university and the crooked way he ran his foundation, both which were shut down. They know about his phony claim that he couldn’t reveal his taxes because they were under audit, they know he didn’t separate himself from his businesses, that he had foreign guests stay at his hotels, that he billed Secret Service huge amounts, that he made Mike Pence stay at a his hotel on the other side of Ireland from where his meeting was, they know he took home and mishandled sensitive documents, and on and on. But they adopt an Inspector Clouseau, “move along, nothing to see here” attitude each time some new scandal erupts.

Government departments aren’t charities and no, I haven’t looked. I’ll leave it to the newly formed internet tax experts. The accusation was that he hadn’t given to charity according to his tax returns, but I didn’t recall that he had promised to donate his salary to charity and haven’t found anything in any new reporting that claims he did.
So he said…

Returns say he didn’t.

You might be having fun trying to muddy the waters with semantics about where the money was pledged to go. The fact is he pledged to 'donate' it - somewhere - and tax records show he didn't donate it at all.

WTF??

so you actually think that everyone who has committed a crime has been charged.

i mean, that's like what a very young, inexperienced person would think. not someone with life experiences and wisdom from age.

By law, he had already filed his taxes. The IRS can prosecute him for tax fraud or tax evasion like they have the ability to do with any other taxpayer.

When will this end exactly? Are we going to make it a legal requirement for all presidential candidates to release their long-form birth certificates, medical records, vaccination record, tax records, etc.....

Because if you want to play that game, Barack Obama couldn't immediately produce his long-form birth certificate when asked. Biden does not have the mental capacity to be president. Can he pass a basic mental cognition test?

By law, he had already filed his taxes. The IRS can prosecute him for tax fraud or tax evasion like they have the ability to do with any other taxpayer.

When will this end exactly? Are we going to make it a legal requirement for all presidential candidates to release their long-form birth certificates, medical records, vaccination record, tax records, etc.....

Because if you want to play that game, Barack Obama couldn't immediately produce his long-form birth certificate when asked. Biden does not have the mental capacity to be president. Can he pass a basic mental cognition test?
You seem pretty confused. The precedent set here was an unfit criminal president refusing to release his tax returns. That precedent had been corrected.

You seem pretty confused. The precedent set here was an unfit criminal president refusing to release his tax returns. That precedent had been corrected.

By that definition, Barack Obama, and George W. Bush have criminal records.

It wasn't a definition of criminal. It was a description of something a criminal pile of shit did.

so, you do think that just because a person has filed a tax return they haven't committed any crimes/tax fraud/etc.

do you think the same thing about mafia members? gangbangers? drug dealers? companies who commit Medicare fraud? people who engage in insurance fraud?

hell, do you think all murderers have been caught??

so, you do think that just because a person has filed a tax return they haven't committed any crimes/tax fraud/etc.

do you think the same thing about mafia members? gangbangers? drug dealers? companies who commit Medicare fraud? people who engage in insurance fraud?

hell, do you think all murderers have been caught??

What does the IRS do? They can audit any taxpayer.

You lost me. Obama and Bush released their tax records.

Back
Top Bottom