• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump’s tax returns released by US House committee

If there's a congress person, judge that is massively cheating on their taxes, wouldn't it be a good thing for the American people to know?

They would already be charged with a crime

Regardless what your opinion of Trump is, this sets a dangerous precedent (thanks Democrats). Individual tax returns should never be public knowledge, ever. This was done in an egregious and partisan way to attack Trump. All this means is that Congress can go after anyone and release their tax returns, anyone.

Opinion on Trump? We all know he is a crook. Many still worship him but even they know he is a criminal.
I do not think its a big deal for anyone's tax return to be released. Same with medical records.
Why everyone wants to live a secret I just don't "get."

Anyway, I agree that the release should not have occurred however a bill should be passed that requires all presidents so do.

They weren’t required by law to audit his taxes. I don’t know why people keep repeating this lie.

Yep. Trump taught us that we can't trust, even presidents, to respect traditions.
We need many many laws now that we never needed previous. Our forefathers never thought we'd have a person like Trump as President.

Apparently Obama’s taxes were audited as Biden’s have been. Trump’s were not for his first years, but then were when Democrats raised the issue. Apparently it is a mandatory administrative rule that the IRS is to do this, but not part of any law. And you are forgetting Trump’s lie from the campaign about being unable to release his taxes due to an audit.
No, I didn’t forget Trump’s lie, but it has nothing to do with what I posted which is the lie that the IRS was required by law to audit the president’s taxes.

Yep. Trump taught us that we can't trust, even presidents, to respect traditions.
We need many many laws now that we never needed previous. Our forefathers never thought we'd have a person like Trump as President.
An IRS policy has nothing to do with tradition.

He said he did.
I don’t recall him promising to donate it to charity but I remember announcements of him donating it to HHS and other departments which wouldn’t qualify as charities.

Nonsense. The IRS failed to follow one of its own policies. That’s certainly within the purview of the IG of either the Department of the Treasury or the IRS to conduct. Both agencies are under the control of President Biden, so a House investigation is not required.

The house can investigate to make it law to audit the president...

I don’t recall him promising to donate it to charity but I remember announcements of him donating it to HHS and other departments which wouldn’t qualify as charities.
I recall him saying he was donating his salary, he made NO mention of where...

Semantics.... but exactly..... a "Charitable donation" is different from just sayin donation.

HHS and or Government Program/Department is not a 501C3 donation.

They would already be charged with a crime
WTF??

so you actually think that everyone who has committed a crime has been charged.

i mean, that's like what a very young, inexperienced person would think. not someone with life experiences and wisdom from age.

So are his tax returns the holy grail of Trumpdum everyone hoped for? Was it worth the long wait? I can't imagine there are any tax submissions the IRS will scrutinize more than Trumps. If they can prove criminal activity no doubt they'll press charges.

There’s a vast difference between law and policy, wouldn’t you agree? Therefore it’s not exactly splitting hairs.
Right. So some people did something unethical and now we have to make a law, all because of an unfit criminal president. Seems to be the trend.

Re-read what he said. Trump's tax returns didn't show him to be a crook. He never said Trump wasn't a crook.
What does that even mean, trump the crook does not cheat on his tax returns?

What does that even mean, trump the crook does not cheat on his tax returns?
Comprehend please! No, it means his tax return does not show him to be a crook. Which word don't you understand?

I don’t know that Trump blocked it, and neither do you. I’ve said on here many times the Treasury or IRS IG need to investigate.
But we do?

An IRS policy has nothing to do with tradition.

Lol, use any words you like, Trump ****ed all healthy norms just to cover his fat ass.
He broke the law too. I hope they take him down on racketeering.

I recall him saying he was donating his salary, he made NO mention of where...

Semantics.... but exactly..... a "Charitable donation" is different from just sayin donation.

HHS and or Government Program/Department is not a 501C3 donation.
That’s what I recall as well.

Right. So some people did something unethical and now we have to make a law, all because of an unfit criminal president. Seems to be the trend.
Except that there’s currently no connection between the “criminal president” and the “something unethical”.

Back
Top Bottom