• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Don Jr says the old Republican Party is dead now that MAGA has taken over the RNC

In what ways? Explain how MAGA republicans are worse or different than republicans from the Reagan revolution or the Gingrich revolution
Like I said, William F. Buckley Jr. and Ayn Rand on the one hand and Donald Trump and MTG on the other.
Reagan and Gingrich 'revolution'? You sure of your word choice there?

As someone who has read virtually every word Ayn Rand ever wrote, and who has encountered nothing but hatred for the woman and her ideas from the left here and elsewhere, I stand by my post. The left hates Ayn Rand, perhaps not as much as they hate trump, but she is up there. If you dont realize this, then thats your problem, not mine.
You don't even know who in this forum is a leftist and who isn't.

It's just a word MAGAs use to focus their hate.

In what ways? Explain how MAGA republicans are worse or different than republicans from the Reagan revolution or the Gingrich revolution
They worship a man, not an ideology.

Hey, decent Republicans, they stole it right from under your nose.

Like they steal everything.

Stole it like hell, the GOP gladly handed tRump the Party and kissed his pinkie ring. It isn't stealing if the prize is gladly given... :unsure:
All I can say about the GOP is Bless their little hearts, they were born that way... ✌️

Technically he is right, The Republican Party now is Trump’s private slush fund.
I sure hope the smart folks in the RNC are busy updating their CVs because if this goes the way other Trump businesses have, it's likely going to either go broke due to mismanagement, and/or face all sorts of legal issues. Godspeed RNC!

We are seeing the death of the Republican Party just as the Whigs died and were replaced by the Republicans.

The more moderate conservatives will be driven out of the Republicans and will join the Democrats. The moderate centrists who control the Democrats will change their policies to entice those voters, moving the Democrats slightly further right and angering the Progressive wing of the party.

The Republicans will be left with fanatical MAGAs who can’t be elected and the party will go the way of the Reform Party or the Constitution Party. Democrats will become the new right-ish party of the US and the Progressive wing of the Democrats will leave the party, either joining the Greens directly or forming a new Leftist party with the Greens.
It's an interesting shift, and mainly because Trump presents no real ideological shift since he doesn't have an ideology. Of course you'll get the people who say "America first!" is what he brings to the party, but that's not an ideology, it's a slogan. There are a wide variety of ways a slogan like "America first!" can be interpreted and applied; his seems more in line with a more isolationist US that focuses on domestic issues. Where I find this a sorely lacking strategy is in the context of US global influence, which is part of what has helped the US become a global power.

Of course you'll get the people who say "America first!" is what he brings to the party, but that's not an ideology, it's a slogan.
I've actually had Trump followers ask me, "What's wrong with making America great?"

As if the slogan actually means something.

Good. The R party will now follow the path of every populist party in US history. Some noise, and then forward to oblivion.

Good. The R party will now follow the path of every populist party in US history. Some noise, and then forward to oblivion.
If we get past this election, the Pub Party is toast, I think.

If we don't. they may be our rulers for the next thousand years.

(Or however long a Reich is.)

I've actually had Trump followers ask me, "What's wrong with making America great?"

As if the slogan actually means something.
When I hear MAGA I think: what does the "again" mean? Our nation continually since inception has gone through ups and downs. But we persevere and move forward.

Looking back hard to find a perfect decade. Humans are not perfect.

Then I think well if you support making America even better then:

Why the hell have you chosen Donald Trump- psychotic, narcissistic, man child. A man that massively failed dealing with his POTUSs only real crisis

I love how you libs are now the defenders of the 'old' republican party that you hated just as much as the supposed new one. But please, go ahead and sing the praises of the old guard types of George W Bush, Ronald Reagan and Newt Gingrich. 🤣
Gingrich made Trump possible. But if you can’t distinguish Bush and Reagan from Trump and the current “no-platform-except-Trump” GOP…

If we get past this election, the Pub Party is toast, I think.

If we don't. they may be our rulers for the next thousand years.

(Or however long a Reich is.)
I still trust Americans to make the correct decision.

"A Republic ma'am, if you can keep it."
Ben Franklin

See post #37. You thought Reagan and Trump were aligned on policy--that's what I mean--you are not well-educated on the facts.

A well educated person would state what policies that don’t align instead of claiming they are not facts.

No, they actually aren't. I can't see Trump paying reparations like Reagan did, or granting amnesty to undocumented immigrants.

Probably not. Considering Biden told immigrants to surge the border and now have over 9 million in access and sanctuary cities complaining they can’t handle the overflow.

[^ emphasis added by bubba]

really?

reagan destroyed the USSR economy by bluffing them to spend money they could not afford to try to catch up to his 'star wars' program. hardly the russian fanboi tRump has become

ronnie is the fellow who gave millions of illegals citizenship
yet you insist their policies are the same

you could not be more wrong. but you also could not be more MAGA in your bogus post
Trump is not a Russia fan boy, thats just a liberal lie. And the idea that you believe that Reagan would support amnesty today simply tells the world how little you understand the man. There was a valid argument for amnesty in 86. There isnt today. So stop spreading bullshit.

Who cares about a failed fiction writer?

Why is she important to MAGA taking over the Republican party?

Are you suggesting that Ayn Rand is the author of MAGA?
If you can be bothered to follow the thread, you will notice that I didnt bring her up. I was responding to someone who did :rolleyes:

I see. Of course. It's a natural progression, objectivism to MAGA. Trump represents the 'new man', the triumph of the exceptional individual. We all recognized that the first time we saw him say, "You're fired!"
No, I made no claim that Trump represents anything that Rand would endorse or admire. I simply pointed out that the left hates her.

Gingrich made Trump possible. But if you can’t distinguish Bush and Reagan from Trump and the current “no-platform-except-Trump” GOP…
yep

Actually his immigration and gun control policies were very different.
You go ahead and explain how and then factor in the way those issues have changed over the 40 years since Reagan was in office.

We real Republicans have know this a long time now.
They need to rename the party. It has nothing to do with Republican or conservative values today.

You could always lay out those supposed differences, but you wont, so.....

You don't even know who in this forum is a leftist and who isn't.

It's just a word MAGAs use to focus their hate.
Lol. I know who the leftists are here. And the term leftist began to replace the word liberal when the left started calling themselves progressives. Leftist just covers the whole basket of deplorables.

Back
Top Bottom