• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DOJ is seeking further surveillance video from Mar-a-Lago, suggesting Trump may still have secret documents there: NYT

madman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Will his bleeding ever stop??

The FBI has subpoenaed more surveillance camera footage from Mar-a-Lago, The New York Times reported.

Per the outlet, this could be a sign that "officials are not certain whether they have recovered all the presidential records" from the former President Donald Trump's home.

The Times cited unnamed sources for the detail that officials are seeking additional footage, which it said came after the August 8 raid which removed dozens of boxes of material from Mar-a-Lago. The new subpoenas showed that officials were still scrutinizing Trump and his aides' handling of the documents before the search, sources told the publication.

Representatives for Trump did not immediately respond to a request for comment. The FBI declined to comment.

more at the link

I guess, if you believe everything you read.

Amazing how the NYT has all of this supposed information.

The FBI has subpoenaed more surveillance camera footage from Mar-a-Lago, The New York Times reported.

Per the outlet, this could be a sign that "officials are not certain whether they have recovered all the presidential records" from the former President Donald Trump's home.

The Times cited unnamed sources for the detail that officials are seeking additional footage, which it said came after the August 8 raid which removed dozens of boxes of material from Mar-a-Lago. The new subpoenas showed that officials were still scrutinizing Trump and his aides' handling of the documents before the search, sources told the publication.

Representatives for Trump did not immediately respond to a request for comment. The FBI declined to comment.

more at the link

Wouldn't they need another warrant for that surveillance footage (the ones they purportedly wanted turned off during THEIR search)?

I guess, if you believe everything you read.

Amazing how the NYT has all of this supposed information.

Wouldn't they need another warrant for that surveillance footage (the ones they purportedly wanted turned off during THEIR search)?
I take everything with a grain of salt except from those conspiracy theory news/opinion blogs.
This doesnt change the fact that trump is in deep shit.

more at the link
Wait...

"more surveillance camera footage"? Doesn't that imply that they've already gotten some amount of footage? How did they get that? I haven't heard of them getting any footage. Did I miss some news?

On the other hand, why do they need camera footage at all? They were there. They searched the place. They didn't allow anyone else to be in the building while they were searching. Do they really need camera footage of themselves doing the search?

I'm thinking this is just another nonsense NYT fake new story.

Wait...

"more surveillance camera footage"? Doesn't that imply that they've already gotten some amount of footage? How did they get that? I haven't heard of them getting any footage. Did I miss some news?
Great point, I thought of that as well.
On the other hand, why do they need camera footage at all? They were there. They searched the place. They didn't allow anyone else to be in the building while they were searching. Do they really need camera footage of themselves doing the search?

I think perhaps they want footage from BEFORE the raid. Amazing how leaky this DOJ/FBI has become.

I take everything with a grain of salt except from those conspiracy theory news/opinion blogs.
You should take things from the conspiracy theory news/opinion blogs with a grain of salt (or more) as well.
This doesnt change the fact that trump is in deep shit.
So we have been told, and told, and told....and told.

You should take things from the conspiracy theory news/opinion blogs with a grain of salt (or more) as well.

So we have been told, and told, and told....and told.
He's not POTUS anymore. This time is much different

Wait...

Playing the old trumpster “anonymous sources” game again, are we?

That didnt’ work to well with the Russia investigation, since almost every such story turned out to be true.

These will too.

As the Times reported, multiple people familiar with the matter have confirmed the reports. Responsible journalists never go with only one source. They seek confirmation.

Fox does not do that, and neither do trashy right wing tabloids like the Post or the Washington Examiner. They just post the BS they’re fed, or make up their own.

No! I do not buy into that conspiracy theory bull shit! Not even a grain of salt it will get.
It's nothing but a waste of time. I dont have a dying need to have answers to everything right away.

Wait...

You will have to wait and see what happens on next weeks episode of "oh crap! im in deep shit!"

BusinessInsider
NY times.
"A person briefed on the matter."

Anyone have something more credible?

BusinessInsider
NY times.
"A person briefed on the matter."

Anyone have something more credible?

The standard trumpster whine.

The Times is credible. You ought to know better. The last time you whined about “persons briefed on the matter”, the stories turned out to be true.

So, ignore the reality for as long as it takes for the truth to be confirmed.

Of course, by then, Tucker will have conjured another shiny object for trump nation to fawn or rant over.

Wait...

Yup, it was in the video someone else posted. Not the actual video, but reporting on what the video showed.

And written and signed statements on The Donald intentionally withholding classified docs after the previous 2 visits to get those documents, by 2 of his lawyers that supervised it.

Doesnt matter who reports on that stuff...if it exists, it exists. 🤷

The standard trumpster whine.

The Times is credible. You ought to know better. The last time you whined about “persons briefed on the matter”, the stories turned out to be true.
Reminds me of all the Trump Tower nonsense.

Wait...

We've known about them having 60 days of footage for over a week.

This just keeps getting worse and worse for trump.

Garland should charge him but wait till after the election.

Trump isn't gonna win this.

Wait...

Previously, they had subpeano'd security camera footage at maralago. Specifically, the footage outside one of the storage lockers where Trump was hiding the classified information that he stole.

On the other hand, why do they need camera footage at all? They were there. They searched the place.

I doubt they searched every single nook and cranny. But it's possible they want footage from a different area or possibly they have information that Trump or his cronies moved around some hidden classified info after the raid that the FBI missed. Footage would help them see what was there and if it was moved. They could want the footage for any number of things.

They didn't allow anyone else to be in the building while they were searching.
Is this not standard procedure?

Do they really need camera footage of themselves doing the search?
Who said they wanted footage of themselves? Are you just asking stupid questions to confuse the issue?

You were going to call this fake news no matter what, so nobody cares what you think.

For no real reason, I wonder if it could be related to claims Trump's people have made. If they watched their surveillance and claimed agents did things on film, and the FBI don't have those recordings, they'll naturally wonder if they missed any.

It's not as though TrumpCo would say something that wasn't true (or that they plausibly believed to be true at that time.)

Playing the old trumpster “anonymous sources” game again, are we?

That didnt’ work to well with the Russia investigation, since almost every such story turned out to be true.

These will too.

As the Times reported, multiple people familiar with the matter have confirmed the reports. Responsible journalists never go with only one source. They seek confirmation.

Fox does not do that, and neither do trashy right wing tabloids like the Post or the Washington Examiner. They just post the BS they’re fed, or make up their own.
LOL!!

The "Russia investigation"???

NONE of that turned out to be true.

Jesus...where have you been since 2019?

more at the link
Does this mean that they didn't find what they were looking for?

Yup, it was in the video someone else posted. Not the actual video, but reporting on what the video showed.

And written and signed statements on The Donald intentionally withholding classified docs after the previous 2 visits to get those documents, by 2 of his lawyers that supervised it.

Doesnt matter who reports on that stuff...if it exists, it exists. 🤷
"in a video" "Not the actual video" "reporting on what the video showed"

Jesus, dude...do you actually READ what you write?

We've known about them having 60 days of footage for over a week.
Oh...is that the video...not the actual video...what someone "reported" about a video?

Reminds me of all the Trump Tower nonsense.
It is funny that the only person who couldn’t claim ignorance of the illegality of that meeting left it immediately.

Back
Top Bottom