• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DOJ Drops Criminal Case against ex-Trump adviser Flynn

Great idea. Take 100 different cases and was the prosecutor and show us these so called "patterns of behavior". You would need that man to adequately demonstrate a pattern and not just two random cases with something in common. So lets see it.

I have given you 10 examples before, your bar for evidence is higher than that of the Supreme Court in some instances. Just because I haven't proven it to your biased mind doesn't mean it doesn't give an example of Mueller's behavior. Prosecutors aren't allowed the luxury of showing a pattern of misconduct. They only get to do that a few times before it starts poisoning their conviction rate.

I was already “armed” with the knowledge that there was no way Flynn could be charged with treason. It’s next to impossible to charge anybody with treason.

I’m not saying Flynn committed treason or Judge Sullivan said he committed treason. I’m saying Sullivan brought up the issue of treason. He mentioned it when he asked the prosecutor if they considered charging Flynn with treason and the prosecutor said no. The judge did say to Flynn, in court, “Arguably, you sold your country out.”

The all the above is in the various tweets in the linked article below:

Emmet Sullivan Apologizes for Treason Comment | Law & Crime

Sullivan later apologized for the remarks. Still, it indicates, to some extent, his thinking. The “Arguably” remark would have stood better alone w/o the “treason” remark.

I’ve learned since that Sullivan, as the case judge, will hear the dismissal. Perhaps he will recuse himself because if he rejects the dismissal an appeal could find his remarks prejudicial.

And the Judge had Flynn's timeline wrong and admitted he was wrong. There is only one reason to even bring it up after the Judge apologised and that's to unfairly disparage Flynn.

yeah - imagine having an election where the person with the most citizens votes actually wins. :doh What a scandal! :roll:

You clearly live in one of the three large metropolitan areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, this is pointless since if you truly don't know that the GOP is deliberately suppressing the vote in areas and demographics where there are strong Democratic majorities, you never will. But here goes anyway:

April 2, 2020: Georgia House Speaker David Ralston (R) said the quiet part out loud Wednesday, bashing the secretary of state’s move to mail out absentee ballot applications to the state’s registered voters because the higher voter participation “will be extremely devastating to Republicans and conservatives in Georgia.” “Every registered voter is going to get one of these,” he added in an*interview with FetchYourNews,*a local news site. “This will certainly drive up turnout.”

Trump Tweet, April 8, 2020: "Republicans should fight very hard when it comes to state wide mail-in voting. Democrats are clamoring for it. Tremendous potential for voter fraud, and for whatever reason, doesn’t work out well for Republicans."

Donald Trump, as usual, said the quiet part out loud: If we expand early voting and voting by mail, “you’d never have a Republican elected in this country again.”

In 2018, more than two-thirds of Florida voters endorsed a constitutional amendment to end felon disenfranchisement. Rather than implement the new mandate, the Republican Legislature immediately moved to impose fines on ex-convicts seeking to restore their rights.

These are just a few examples of how Republicans are trying to suppress the vote through:

Gerrymandering
Voter fraud
Citizenship question on census
Intimidation
Insufficient polling facilities

“...tremendous opportunity for voter fraud.” is all you need to understand about this matter. Bet you don’t.

No one could be worse that Trump. A corrupt, immoral, moron who sold out this country for personal gain. He will go down in history as the biggest mistake voters ever made.

Nope. Sorry. Everyone should be relieved that the bitch didn’t win. Everyone. Including Democrats.

I'm not apologizing for anyone. That sort of lie is the basis of the "need to know" principle.

You keep repeating "need to know" which we know well while you try to explain, excuse and apologize for Flynn lying up into the nose of the vice president about Flynn's contacts with the Russian ambassador who pushes Putin's interests in Washington. This was after Putin paid Flynn $40K to sit next to him at a RT anniversary din-din in Moscow.

We need to know why you are rowing for Putin Trump while you spend your time and efforts defending 'em and apologizing for 'em.

I have given you 10 examples before, your bar for evidence is higher than that of the Supreme Court in some instances. Just because I haven't proven it to your biased mind doesn't mean it doesn't give an example of Mueller's behavior. Prosecutors aren't allowed the luxury of showing a pattern of misconduct. They only get to do that a few times before it starts poisoning their conviction rate.

You have provided nothing. Simply state your position on the issue you which to discuss and support it with evidence. I will be happy to read it and give it the consideration it deserves.

You clearly live in one of the three large metropolitan areas.

I live in a township and it is not near the top twenty cities.

But what does that have to do with it?

Third grade? or Second?

I would place Trump at about third grade - with possibly a second time around if he does not buckle down and work hard for the rest of the year.

You keep repeating "need to know" which we know well while you try to explain, excuse and apologize for Flynn lying up into the nose of the vice president about Flynn's contacts with the Russian ambassador who pushes Putin's interests in Washington. This was after Putin paid Flynn $40K to sit next to him at a RT anniversary din-din in Moscow.

We need to know why you are rowing for Putin Trump while you spend your time and efforts defending 'em and apologizing for 'em.

Nope. I hate Putin and I intend to vote against Trump. I regard Flynn as a lying jackass. Nonetheless it would be well within bounds for a President to instruct his NSA to conceal some actions from the VP.

Nope. I hate Putin and I intend to vote against Trump. I regard Flynn as a lying jackass. Nonetheless it would be well within bounds for a President to instruct his NSA to conceal some actions from the VP.

Your rules mantras ignore that Flynn lied up the nose of the VP at the direction of the potus about Russia sanctions and Ukraine. That's more than "concealing" or withholding and the like. Moreover Trump, Ukraine, Russia were the catalyst to impeachment of Trump. Indeed Flynn and LTC Vindman are opposites as real as night and day.

Your rules mantras ignore that Flynn lied up the nose of the VP at the direction of the potus about Russia sanctions and Ukraine. That's more than "concealing" or withholding and the like. Moreover Trump, Ukraine, Russia were the catalyst to impeachment of Trump. Indeed Flynn and LTC Vindman are opposites as real as night and day.

Lying to VP is now considered a crime?

Hahahahahahahahah

Not the FBI, just several individual actors. Then again you're doing your best to gloss over whatever you as to avoid that he was charged a long dead technicality. Not to mention the fact that they practically forced a guilty plea out of him by targeting his family.

So, okie dokie you're free to keep running from the issue.

Forced a guilty plea you say....that's soe interesting spin

Here's my take on this matter. This applies to any past case, and any case in the future:

First, the charge was that Flynn willfully and knowingly made materially false, fictitious and fraudulent statements to FBI agents during a Jan. 24 interview about his conversations with the Russian ambassador. According to the FBI, Flynn falsely told agents that he did not ask Kislyak to delay a vote on a pending United Nations Security Council resolution, when a recording of that conversation in their possession proved that he did ask him to do that. For the sake of argument, I will assume those charges are true and Flynn did knowingly and willfully lie to investigators about that aspect of his conversation.

The objective of the FBI and all law enforcement agencies is to investigate alleged/possible crimes. To do so, they must question people for the purpose of obtaining important information that's relevant to their investigation. The problem I'm having here is the fact that the FBI had a recording of the conversation between Flynn and the Russian ambassador prior to interviewing him, therefore I see no legitimate investigative reason for the FBI to ask Flynn questions about what took place during that conversation, when they already knew what was said.

Was questioning Flynn about what was said in that conversation for the purpose of obtaining important information that may be relevant in their investigation?
Answer: No... The FBI already knew word for word, exactly what was said in that conversation.

In my opinion, there is only one reason why the FBI would ask Flynn questions that they already had the answers for, and that was in the hopes he would say something that didn't match the transcripts. The reason the FBI would do this is to either a) use it to threaten criminal charges against him in order to leverage his cooperation on other matters. or b) because charging him with a crime was their objective in the first place.

This kind of behavior by law enforcement is wrong and shouldn't be tolerated period. Questioning people in an investigation is done to obtain answers to questions material to the crime they're investigating, not to create crimes.

This is a matter of right and wrong... Maybe Flynn did lie to the FBI, which is wrong and something he shouldn't have done... But the FBI has no business asking questions of someone that they already have the answers to. It's wrong and only serves one purpose... To create a crime, which is behavior that shouldn't be tolerated from any law enforcement agency in the United States.

My opinion on this is universal and applies to everyone regardless of their political affiliation.

I happen to know Flynn and I don't think much of him. Nonetheless, there is nothing new about an NSA lying to the VP at the direction of the POTUS.

You have provided nothing. Simply state your position on the issue you which to discuss and support it with evidence. I will be happy to read it and give it the consideration it deserves.

As he investigates Trump'''s aides, Robert Mueller'''s record shows surprising flaws - Los Angeles Times

Multiple issues with how Mueller prosecutes and how he doesn't change course, despite what facts are revealed later in the case. And of course the Whitey Bulger case as well as the Trump investigation. Mueller certainly isn't infallible.

I happen to know Flynn and I don't think much of him. Nonetheless, there is nothing new about an NSA lying to the VP at the direction of the POTUS.

Flynn's lie to Pence compromised the national security adviser Flynn to Russia. So this lie wasn't your run of the mill lie affecting national security and intel.

When Flynn resigned because of the lie to the VP the Potus Trump said Flynn had to go because he lied to the VP. That is explicit.

Your ho-hum attitude about it likely derives from decades of your innate inertia doing US intelligence indifferently I'm afraid to say.

Flynn's lie to Pence compromised the national security adviser Flynn to Russia.
I doubt that. How would it compromise Flynn or anyone else? In fact Trump called Flynn 'a good man'.

Back
Top Bottom