• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Doesn't anyone play world of warcraft anymore

Yasureoktoo

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
When I got into this it was a new game and everyone talked about it.
Even South Park had an episode about it.

But I still play, off and on for 10 years. I have no life.

I started in 2006 after I got bored of Runescape. I was a pretty kick ass mage for a while. I was a gladiator in season 1.

Nope, last I heard WoW is down some 11 million subscribers from the height of its popularity.

You all should play a game in memory of Reckful.

I play all the time, been farming Pathfinder rep as of late.

I downloaded the Demo in Feb of 2007, somewhere around 10pm. Skipped that night's sleep.

I did the whole raiding thing for a bit, and got utterly sick of 'guild politics'. (You needed groups of 25 at the time..I think, and that requires having a much larger guild with scheduled raids so that you can get 25 people in the right roles online at the same time. This involves much bullshit).

Got sick of that, but still played. I found that after about two expansions, I'd only play a few months of a new expansion, then get bored. I think I gave up for good around 2015. Too damn repetitive. Most games get that way. I played a lot of Diablo III. Now I can barely look at it.

Of course, several years after that, in late-2019, my father convinced me to try ESO (Elder Scrolls Online). I'm still having fun with that. The trick is not taking it so seriously. I don't feel any desire to be *the most powerful*. I just tool around and mostly treat it like a single-player game. Whatever. Much better that way. It's not like I have much time to play anyway these days

Most of the players migrated to raiding hedgefunds on reddit. Never under estimate the discipline of friday night raids.

My GF who never plays games wanted to get into an MMO with me. I thought WoW would be a good intro for her, so I just started playing again about a week ago. Now she plays while I'm at work and is about 4 levels ahead of me lol.

I've played WoW off and on since External Alpha Friends & Family (an EverQuest guildie knew a Blizzard employee). Birds were in the air but frozen, not flying or animated yet. Warriors could solo red mobs. After one patch that ridiculous Murloc yell got replaced with a shorter version but the community revolted so they put it back.

I've killed tens of thousands of nazis in Call of Duty and Wolfenstein.

I'm like, legendary.

I sure do. I sat out WoD and BfA but I play for a couple hours every night. I'm going to take my noob druid tank on his first key in a few minutes.

I have a worgen on the european server but im not much for point and click rpgs unless there was something special about them like Voyage Century.

I downloaded the Demo in Feb of 2007, somewhere around 10pm. Skipped that night's sleep.

I did the whole raiding thing for a bit, and got utterly sick of 'guild politics'. (You needed groups of 25 at the time..I think, and that requires having a much larger guild with scheduled raids so that you can get 25 people in the right roles online at the same time. This involves much bullshit).

Got sick of that, but still played. I found that after about two expansions, I'd only play a few months of a new expansion, then get bored. I think I gave up for good around 2015. Too damn repetitive. Most games get that way. I played a lot of Diablo III. Now I can barely look at it.

Of course, several years after that, in late-2019, my father convinced me to try ESO (Elder Scrolls Online). I'm still having fun with that. The trick is not taking it so seriously. I don't feel any desire to be *the most powerful*. I just tool around and mostly treat it like a single-player game. Whatever. Much better that way. It's not like I have much time to play anyway these days
Diablo II and starcraft were my major time sinks during jr high and high school. I loved battle.net.

Back
Top Bottom