• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DOES IT REALLY MATTER?

HOW MUCH DOES IT REALLY MATTER WHO YOUR PRESIDENT IS

• It matters a lot, the wrong President can ruin my day

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • IT matters somewhat, granted my life goes on, but it effects the issues I care about

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • It matters a wee bit, but only when a President's policies or attitude directly effect my life

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It really doesn't matter, but I enjoy the banter and partisan bickering

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • It doesn't matter at all, I come here to talk about real issues, not about who the President is

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SNOWFLAKE

Crazy Canuck
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
SERIOUS QUESTION:

Does it really matter who is President?

Of course it does if you worry about what direction you perceive your President takes you, but...

I am talking more about your day to day life.

IS it really THAT important to you to spend every day slagging the President you don't like or lamenting that your guy didn't get the job?

If you are a gun owner, maybe you worry about this or that President coming for your gun, but otherwise...

Don't you have a job? Or if retired, no hobbies? Don't you have a loved one to curl up with? A few friends to banter with?

Does having this or that President really going to change what time you go to bed, and with whom, or your enjoyment of your morning coffee?

In case you think I am being a smartass, let me illustrate:

I live in Canada, I am not a big supporter of Trudeau, but voted for him because the other choices were worse.

HOWEVER, if one of the other choices had won, I would still be living my life more or less the same way I am living it now.

SO - you might ask - why come to DP and involve yourself in American politics.

For the sport mostly, but also to argue against things that I find despicable like racism, and because being retired and with Covid restrictions keep me home, I got time on my hands.

BUT at the end of the day, when I am done playing on here, I don't really care THAT much about who your President is (other than the entertainment value) or who my Prime Minister is.

Both the U.S. and Canada have systems in place, like an independent judiciary and a free press that prevents a Hitler or Putin type figure from getting control of our countries (Trump tried, but in the end, the system down there worked and he lost the attempt).

SO the poll question of the day is simple, how much does it REALLY matter who your President is, outside of it gives you an opportunity to rail against whoever you despise or defend who you support, but to your everyday enjoyment of life, how much does it really matter?

When one President's actions result in millions of new jobs and another President's actions result in tens of thousands of job lost, I'd say...for a lot of people...it really does matter who is President.

When one President's actions result in millions of new jobs and another President's actions result in tens of thousands of job lost, I'd say...for a lot of people...it really does matter who is President.
But does it really effect your life that much personally?
That is my question.

You’re asking a bunch of political junkies on a political debate site if they care on a daily basis who the president is?

You’re asking a bunch of political junkies on a political debate site if they care on a daily basis who the president is?
UMMMMMMMMMMM
maybe re-read, carefully, what I wrote.
I am here too, I like lively debate, though I would prefer more threads about things that actually matter like the environment, equal rights, abortion rights, world events, but on DP I notice that threads dealing with those topics have a low comment count, EVERYONE is still obsessing over Trump or Biden, so I posed the question - how important is it REALLY to your enjoyment of life who the President is?

YES, it does.

If Mr. Lincoln had not been elected, there might not have been a civil war, with hundreds of thousands of dead American boys.

And if Messrs. Wilson and F.D. Roosevelt had not been elected, we might not have gotten involved in two horrible wars.

Yep! Sadly, it does matter who is President.

During the next four years, the agenda of the Democratic machine will directly or indirectly affect the lives of every American.

YES, it does.

If Mr. Lincoln had not been elected, there might not have been a civil war, with hundreds of thousands of dead American boys.

And if Messrs. Wilson and F.D. Roosevelt had not been elected, we might not have gotten involved in two horrible wars.

Yep! Sadly, it does matter who is President.

During the next four years, the agenda of the Democratic machine will directly or indirectly affect the lives of every American.
so, if Lincoln had not been elected, you would still have slavery?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

so, if Lincoln had not been elected, you would still have slavery?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

You wanted to know whether a President counts.

And he certainly counted.

That is the point.

Let's not go into the slavery issue. That is not the point of your question.

Have a nice day!

SO the poll question of the day is simple, how much does it REALLY matter who your President is, outside of it gives you an opportunity to rail against whoever you despise or defend who you support, but to your everyday enjoyment of life, how much does it really matter?

You need Sheeple support to continue in power . Sheeple do not understand about figureheads and power behind the throne

They simply demand someone on to whom they can project hope and belief plus their own dreams and imagination .

Get someone like that with character and charisma as well and you get the 'Sheeple' acceptance kiss and they will always triumph .

Unless you know how to cheat an election .

You wanted to know whether a President counts.

And he certainly counted.

That is the point.

Let's not go into the slavery issue. That is not the point of your question.

Have a nice day!
You gave some great examples where a President can affect the direction of a country, such as entering wars, I guess my question was more towards your everyday life and your enjoyment of it, does having this or that President matter that much? I guess if I was American and lived during the draft years, I can see that as being ONE issue that would affect me directly, otherwise whether Trump, Biden, Obama, Bush, Clinton, Carter, Reagan, all those who were President during my lifetime or the Canadian equivalent, I would say NO, I would hate to see this one or that one in power because of what I believe are important issues, but either way my life would not be affected much.

You gave some great examples where a President can affect the direction of a country, such as entering wars, I guess my question was more towards your everyday life and your enjoyment of it, does having this or that President matter that much? I guess if I was American and lived during the draft years, I can see that as being ONE issue that would affect me directly, otherwise whether Trump, Biden, Obama, Bush, Clinton, Carter, Reagan, all those who were President during my lifetime or the Canadian equivalent, I would say NO, I would hate to see this one or that one in power because of what I believe are important issues, but either way my life would not be affected much.

I agree with you that most human beings in this world try to live the happiest lives that they can despite who their "leaders" are.

In 2020, our "leaders" decided to close the economy. That decision certainly did affect everyone -- to one degree or another.

People living in the Middle East never guessed that many of them would end up being refugees in Europe.

So -- bottom line -- it DOES matter who our "leaders" are.

Not that we can do anything about it!

SERIOUS QUESTION:

Does it really matter who is President?

Of course it does if you worry about what direction you perceive your President takes you, but...

I am talking more about your day to day life.

IS it really THAT important to you to spend every day slagging the President you don't like or lamenting that your guy didn't get the job?

If you are a gun owner, maybe you worry about this or that President coming for your gun, but otherwise...

Don't you have a job? Or if retired, no hobbies? Don't you have a loved one to curl up with? A few friends to banter with?

Does having this or that President really going to change what time you go to bed, and with whom, or your enjoyment of your morning coffee?

In case you think I am being a smartass, let me illustrate:

I live in Canada, I am not a big supporter of Trudeau, but voted for him because the other choices were worse.

HOWEVER, if one of the other choices had won, I would still be living my life more or less the same way I am living it now.

SO - you might ask - why come to DP and involve yourself in American politics.

For the sport mostly, but also to argue against things that I find despicable like racism, and because being retired and with Covid restrictions keep me home, I got time on my hands.

BUT at the end of the day, when I am done playing on here, I don't really care THAT much about who your President is (other than the entertainment value) or who my Prime Minister is.

Both the U.S. and Canada have systems in place, like an independent judiciary and a free press that prevents a Hitler or Putin type figure from getting control of our countries (Trump tried, but in the end, the system down there worked and he lost the attempt).

No but it matters who my city councilman is and who my County commissioners are but how do you discuss those matters on the internet? Presidential politics give us common ground to discuss but yeah. Its dumb. Which is perfect because humans are dumb.

Back
Top Bottom