• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does anyone know how to save ...

StandUpChuck

Tart with a Heart
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
entire files from Outlook Express? I don't want to save each individual document since that would be way too time consuming. Is there a way to save them out of Outlook Express?

Thanks!

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but in Outlook (not positive about Outlook express) you can click an email that has attachments, click [File] at the top menu bar, hover over 'Save Attachments'. That will open the submenu and at the bottom of the list of attachments in the selected email will be the option to 'Save All Attachments'.

Thanks RR. I didn't want to waste time saving all individual emails, and it's not just the attachments that I want.

I just messed around with my store folder and attempted to "store" everything into a document file. Big mess. Now I can't figure out what the original setting was, and my comp won't system restore (which probably would help anyway). :doh

If you can tell me more specifically what you did, I might be able to help you fix it.

I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your help, RR. Thank you.

I went to:

Tools > Options>Maintenance Tab>Clicked "Store Folder" to "change the location of your message store" > then changed it to a blank folder in my documents folder. That was useless as none of the emails can be read from that folder.

The address that was in there before I changed it was some long outlook express address, but I cannot remember what it was. There's only an option to change it back to straight Outlook Express. I don't dare do that because I'm afraid it will back up a buncha crap in my inbox. I'm also afraid that all those messages will get resent to people even though I highly doubt it. But it's all pretty much sensitive material, so I'm overly cautious.

Thank you in advance.

Back
Top Bottom