• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you support american truckers blocking off roads and if yes, why?

Of course I support their right to civil disobedience. But getting arrested is essential to civil disobedience. Otherwise its just a mob action with no moral authority. If they don't facilitate their own arrests, they're not doing it right.

BTW - what, exactly, are they protesting?
Some may drive their long routes, day after day listening and being brain washed by Right wing lunatics on the radio

I absolutely support the protests, but no i don't really support blocking roads. Then again, our government better go to negotiations for a good while before going red alert on them , or I personally will be quite upset at our current dictatorship.

I already hope Trudeau gets the bitter pill at some point by being kicked out of office.

No....You can register your car or truck but your registration does not cover illegal blockades nor does it cover using your car to ram people or other cars.

Impound the vehicles, and yank the drivers off to an appearance before a Judge or Magistrate and in the words of Mafia Donald Trump "don't be too delicate about it either".

I absolutely support the protests, but no i don't really support blocking roads. Then again, our government better go to negotiations for a good while before going red alert on them , or I personally will be quite upset at our current dictatorship.
Negotiate with them???? OK negotiate with them at a weigh station with a rest stop attached to it about 250 miles from the target city. Other than that....see post #29.

Oh and at the end of the "negotiations" route them to the nearest exit/entrance ramp and turn them around. If they don't want to do that.....see post #29.

Last edited:
I remember when thousands of BLM blocked the interstate here in Atlanta while they burned the contents of trucks and looted nearby stores. I think it lasted all of a couple hours before it was cleared.

No disabled people were trampled by horses. Nobody had their bank accounts frozen. Police didn't vow to spend months tracking down protestors. They didn't go knocking on doors to intimidate people in their homes.

Trump didn't even need to activate a "petty little dictator" law to get it done - in fact, he wasn't involved whatsoever.

Lasting a couple of hours makes big difference. If it went on indefinitely, I'm pretty sure more stringent measures would have been sought.

Of course I support their right to civil disobedience. But getting arrested is essential to civil disobedience. Otherwise its just a mob action with no moral authority. If they don't facilitate their own arrests, they're not doing it right.

BTW - what, exactly, are they protesting?

I don't know because they are planning one here in Nebraska where we have zero government mandates.

Look at their demands "suggestions" for donations. Kitty litter, laxatives, and portable grills. Lol tough guys for sure.

n4idpz1m2ij81.jpg

Negotiate with them???? OK negotiate with them at a weigh station with a rest stop attached to it about 250 miles from the target city. Other than that....see post #29.

Oh and at the end of the "negotiations" route them to the nearest exit/entrance ram and turn them around. If they don't want to do that.....see post #29.

**** Joe Biden if he pulls that same canadian authoritarian BS!

I already hope Trudeau gets the bitter pill at some point by being kicked out of office.
Visit north korea or russia and then come back and tell us about our dictatorship. I suggest a run for a political office so you can change things. Let us know how it all works out for you. You'll be upset, boo hoo. Don't worry, be happy, only three more years of biden. Enjoy.

I see, it's the old what you're doing is bad, what I'm supporting is good theory. I get it.

No, it's drivers get stuck in a riot, and rioters trying to break into the vehicles instead of letting them leave. Some have their families inside.

Under no conditions should blocking of roads and bridges be allowed or tolerated by any protest not matter their cause. To do so is to deliberately put public safety at risk and that cannot be acceptable to any person who claims to respect the rule of law. However, should they obtain a permit, advise the police of their route and get their approval, marching down a street or over a bridge in numbers that impede traffic for a predetermined time is OK in my books. This allows police to establish detours etc that ensure people can navigate around the demonstration.

What, exactly, are they protesting?

**** Joe Biden if he pulls that same canadian authoritarian BS!
It's called law and order but for some reason some folks now think that does not apply to them. All of you people sound like a bunch of anarchists who want to see utter chaos.

It's called law and order but for some reason some folks now think that does not apply to them. All of you people sound like a bunch of anarchists who want to see utter chaos.
They are all a bunch of good little Russia-crats.

I don't know because they are planning one here in Nebraska where we have zero government mandates.

Look at their demands "suggestions" for donations. Kitty litter, laxatives, and portable grills. Lol tough guys for sure.

n4idpz1m2ij81.jpg

A lack of issues to protest could damage their credibility. Civil disobedience with no point seems menacing.

I support every opportunity for assholes to show their true colors.

Lasting a couple of hours makes big difference. If it went on indefinitely, I'm pretty sure more stringent measures would have been sought.
Yeah, fortunately we had competent decision makers that didn't let it go on for a week before doing something about it. I assume the same will likely be true elsewhere in the US.

Of course, you don't need to block roads in the US to create havoc. A hundred extra trucks in downtown Washington, DC following every traffic law to a tee would have the same effect.

Yeah, fortunately we had competent decision makers that didn't let it go on for a week before doing something about it. I assume the same will likely be true elsewhere in the US.

Of course, you don't need to block roads in the US to create havoc. A hundred extra trucks in downtown Washington, DC following every traffic law to a tee would have the same effect.
As long as they are moving...only a very temporary hindrance.

A lack of issues to protest could damage their credibility. Civil disobedience with no point seems menacing.

I could understand in states where they do have mandates but it's pretty silly here. We've only had a wannabee lockdown for a couple months in 2020 and a couple county specific mask mandates but other than that, you wouldn't know a global pandemic was going on.

A lot of people in this thread apparently have amnesia. Do they not remember their outrage when people illegally protested the George Floyd murder? Did they have permits? Did they block traffic? Did they disrupt business?

Law and order for thee ...

Please explain who this action would help?

I seem to recall some folks saying running over folks blocking roads is ok. Does that sentiment still hold true for the truckers blocking roadways?
Ive never supported unauthorized roadblocks for any protest, rally etc and I certainly dont with this one.

I alwasy try to look at situations based on facts, reality and basic common sense and decency.

Its going to be fun reading this thread and watching all the triggered usual suspects make meltdown posts about retarded strawmen and whataboutisms though LMAO
Who will be the first to mention "liberals"" the blacks" "Dems" "BLM" "Progressives"
😁🍿

Last edited:
A lot of people in this thread apparently have amnesia. Do they not remember their outrage when people illegally protested the George Floyd murder?
Like who? Name three.

I could understand in states where they do have mandates but it's pretty silly here.
There were people in all 50 states protesting something that happened in Minnesota. Was that "silly" too?

Back
Top Bottom