• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you prefer sweet or bitter chocolate?

• I love sweet chocolate

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • I love half-bitter chocolate

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • I love bitter chocolate

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I hate sweet chocolate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate half-bitter chocolate

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I hate bitter chocolate

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • I do not care about any chocolate

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

I love 90% or above cacao.

I love sweet chocolate. (y)(y)(y)

Bitter chocolate is an error of the human mind, I think (n)(n)(n)

For me: To hell with bitter chocolate!
Damned be that child-hater who invented that perversity.

1 out of 2 says: I love bitter chocolate

i like milk chocolate, but dark chocolate is good, too. i like to eat a piece of dark chocolate and then a piece of milk chocolate. the contrast is awesome.

i like milk chocolate, but dark chocolate is good, too. i like to eat a piece of dark chocolate and then a piece of milk chocolate. the contrast is awesome.

Well, if one takes turns - maybe then one can bear the taste of bitter chocolate as well.

Well, if one takes turns - maybe then one can bear the taste of bitter chocolate as well.

i do weird food experiments sometimes, like trying the nastiest smelling cheeses just to see what the fuss is about. i did that with dark chocolate a couple years ago. i'd have to look it up to see if it's in my food diary, but i think that i bought 60, 86 and 92 percent cacao. not being a huge dark chocolate fan, i wasn't sure what to expect. the 60 percent wasn't bad, the 86 was pretty bitter, and the 92 was well above what i would eat regularly, even with coffee. my wife prefers dark chocolate, and that was too much for even her. still, i finished all of the bars in a couple weeks. i got used to it and even began to enjoy the higher percentages a bit.

I love 90% or above cacao.
You are truly hardcore. That is too bitter for me.

I like 72-80% chocolate. I buy these to bake with and then end up eating it in pieces as candy.

These are also good,

I love marzipan chocolate from Ritter Sport. They have them at Target and I can't leave without them.

Last edited:
5 out of 8 say ....

I love sweet chocolate 😍😍😍

I love berries or orange peel covered in 70% or higher dark chocolate. I dislike generic American milk-chocolate.

Bitter chocolate is chocolate from hell! :)

Life is bitter enough - we do not need bitter chocolate as well! :)

Bitter chocolate Easter Rabbits would be bitter fo a child.
They should always be sweet.

By now 5 out of 9 say: I love sweet chocolate

I chose half bitter, though I never think of it that way. I prefer dark chocolate, but I like sweet sometimes.

1 out of 10 says: I do not care about any chocolate :alien:

I like sweet sometimes.

If it comes to chocolate, I like sweet always. 😍
If it comes to wine, I like sweet sometimes, if it is the right type of sweetness, e.g. in a Gewürztraminer. :love:

If it comes to chocolate, I like sweet always. 😍
If it comes to wine, I like sweet sometimes, if it is the right type of sweetness, e.g. in a Gewürztraminer. :love:

What makes the sweetness in a Gewürztraminer the right kind?

What makes the sweetness in a Gewürztraminer the right kind?

Generally speaking:
If one can still taste the spicy sweetness of the grape instead of the artificial sweetness of sugary water, then I can enjoy that kind of wine.

Generally speaking:
If one can still taste the spicy sweetness of the grape instead of the artificial sweetness of sugary water, then I can enjoy that kind of wine.

Does a lieblich Gewürztraminer exist?

Does a lieblich Gewürztraminer exist?

It does, it really does.
Especially German Gewürztraminer.
In the Alsace (France) however they tend to make their Gewürztraminer as dry as dry can be.
It is not out in the field in the vineyard but in the wine cellar where a wine is made to be dry or half dry or sweet (lieblich).

It does, it really does.
Especially German Gewürztraminer.
In the Alsace (France) however they tend to make their Gewürztraminer as dry as dry can be.
It is not out in the field in the vineyard but in the wine cellar where a wine is made to be dry or half dry or sweet (lieblich).

Thank you! Next time I buy a new wine, I'll look for lieblich German wines.

Sweeter is better! Nothing is too sweet for me. Semi-sweet and dark chocolate are good in small amounts, but if plain milk chocolate candy was a health food I would need only two days to finish one bag.

Back
Top Bottom