• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you bother to listen to both sides?

fair minded

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I try to read the news from both sides. I don't think one can be well informed if he/she only read things that agree with his beliefs.

How many of you actually read the Washington Post and listen to folks like Rush?

From reading lots of articles from lots of viewpoints I can tell you that none of them go to much trouble to prove or disprove what they print.

I figure that most of you, from both sides, try to argue for what you believe is right.

The fact is that even if you read eight or ten different Newspapers, you will not be exposed to all rational arguments.

I work hard to understand both sides. (Both sides have some solid good reasons to believe what they do.)
Even so, every week I find that something I thought was true, is actually questionable.

I don't think those who disagree with me are idiots. I believe that we have all been brainwashed into believing what we do.

No one here is a bad person. I think those who disagree with me are simply ill-informed.

Furthermore, I find that most here are fairly respectful of others. I have yet to see anyone curse or use particularly mean speech.

Bravo to all of you,

Everyone who posts here listens to all sides unless you happen to have everyone on every opposing side on ignore.

I used to. There used to be a Kindle subscription on Amazon for a weekly collection of columns from Left, Right, Center, and some on neutral issues. For all I know there still is, but when Trump won in 2016 the Left completely lost the plot and reading their columns became seriously painful so I quit.

I'm always flipping through the news channels. When a commercial pops up, that's when I flip to the next channel.

Because of that, I can usually filter out the opinions, and piece together the important news of the day.

I knows it's hard to do that sometimes, especially when you absolutely hate one of the channels. But I think the benefits outweigh the pain. Kind of like childbirth. :)

It would be interesting to hear what Rush thinks now about what he did during his life.

Yes I pay attention to the moderate conservative and moderate liberal points of view.

The Q and Bernie folks? Trash can.

Absolutely I listen to both sides. It’s actually more important to listen to the opposition to understand where they are coming from and why.

I do not have to agree with them, but they too have a voice.

I listen to many sides but theres some views i just draw the line. I dont feel those who are being exterminated or oppressed need to debate their own existence.

Since neither side talks about planned obsolescence or advocates mandatory accounting/finance in the schools I mostly ignore both.

What is the annual depreciation of automobiles world wide? The Laws of Physics do not care about economics or nationalism.

Like i dont feel the need to listen to a groyper except when it comes to learning how to defeat them.

Yes I pay attention to the moderate conservative and moderate liberal points of view.

The Q and Bernie folks? Trash can.
Aw dang being put in with Q nutters kinda smarts lol. Yowza. Having a sense of humor about oneself has helped my sanity.

For the majority of issues, there are no "sides" when it comes to Right or Left, its just an issue.

And THAT is actually the problem, too many people just jump on the bandwagon they like or they think that is good to be associated with without actually looking at an issue and its many layers, solutions problems etc.

This is how we are at a place where you see a LARGE amount of people think one way about Obama Care and another way about the ACA, They don't even know they are the same. Or people that think the "American" Keystone XL pipeline should have not been "turned off" and we should "Turn it back on", they don't even know the XL wasn't even built, or people that feel a certain way about a subject put in plain English but feel a different away about a Bill that is the same thing but has a different title.

its sad and I wish I knew how to fix it but i don't.

It would be interesting to hear what Rush thinks now about what he did during his life.

What a strange thing to say.

What a strange thing to say.

The OP is the one who brought up Rush. Do we "listen to folks like Rush?"

The OP could have given us an example of at least one person who he considers to be "like Rush." But since the OP still has Rush on his mind over a year after the man's death, and since the OP didn't even give an honorable mention to anyone else on that side of the aisle, he got me thinking about the only name he mentioned.

And, yes, it sure would be interesting to listen to Rush today. Yes, I would like to hear what Rush thinks about what he did during his life and the direction he pointed his followers toward before he shed his mortal coil.

The OP could have given us an example of at least one person who he considers to be "like Rush." But since the OP still has Rush on his mind over a year after the man's death, and since the OP didn't even give an honorable mention to anyone else on that side of the aisle, he got me thinking about the only name he mentioned.

And, yes, it sure would be interesting to listen to Rush today. Yes, I would like to hear what Rush thinks about what he did during his life and the direction he pointed his followers toward before he shed his mortal coil.

He already did that before he died.

He already did that before he died.

There would almost certainly be a stark difference between what a media personality says before he dies and what he would say after death when held to account for his life with no more rationalization.

I've heard decades worth of what Rush had to say before he died. So, again, I'm interested in what Rush would have to say now.

And I remain interested in the OP's failure to name any other person than a dead man when he asked about whether we listen to people on the Right. I wouldn't even have gone down this train of thought if he had mentioned a single live rightwinger that he listens to.

There would almost certainly be a stark difference between what a media personality says before he dies and what he would say after death when held to account for his life with no more rationalization.

Ah, I see. You think he's in some sort of purgatory or hell and now might think differently.

The reason I said "Rush like" was because I knew that everyone would know who Rush was. And I was right.

I don't listen to any conservative commentators enough to know of one that is well known. Perhaps you can tell me which Conservative Commentator everyone here would recognize.
Rational minds use language that everyone can understand. Rush is universally known so he is still the best example of a conservative Commentator.

I seldom listened to Rush but when I did, I found him to be head and shoulders above the rest. Rush was able to give his opinions without sounding like he was angry or hateful.
Rush seemed like a genuinely nice guy.

Rush was on the radio for ten or fifteen hours a week. Twenty minutes a week would have been enough for me.

Howard Stern and Rush were special because neither of them bored people to death. They were good enough to last for decades.

I am not a Howard Stern fan, but he must be something special.

Back
Top Bottom