• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Disney Song From The Little Mermaid Pulled By Princeton, Citing #MeToo

Isn't that how the pendulum swings before it centers? :)

Yup. And its almost never a good thing.

Takes our society about thirty years to correct a mistake.

I wonder where the night clubs are gonna put the "dance contract" notaries?

How much will a date chaperone run?

And how long will those new industries fight to keep their profits coming in?

Yup. And its almost never a good thing.

Takes our society about thirty years to correct a mistake.

I wonder where the night clubs are gonna put the "dance contract" notaries?

How much will a date chaperone run?

And how long will those new industries fight to keep their profits coming in?

Read more history: that's normal. Most cultures understand change comes slow. It's only the Americans who want instant gratification. :)

Read more history: that's normal. Most cultures understand change comes slow. It's only the Americans who want instant gratification. :)

We do things in a knee jerk fashion and then it takes 30 years to correct.

So we'll see #metoo go way too far and we'll have to deal with the blowback for decades.

And this from someone who has sat two abusers down with a lot of backup and told them if they mark her again we're gonna hospitalize him. Worked both times. They just, left.

We'll see, but I don't have any confidence it won't end badly.

The road to hell and all that

We do things in a knee jerk fashion and then it takes 30 years to correct.

So we'll see #metoo go way too far and we'll have to deal with the blowback for decades.

And this from someone who has sat two abusers down with a lot of backup and told them if they mark her again we're gonna hospitalize him. Worked both times. They just, left.

We'll see, but I don't have any confidence it won't end badly.

The road to hell and all that

Partially agreed: we do things in a knee jerk fashion then keep doing it back and forth for 30 years before finding center. The Pendulum Swings. That'd make a nice soap opera about Washington, D.C., eh?

I have no problem with women not wanting to be harassed or coerced for sex in order to keep their jobs, make a promotion or otherwise treated less than men. Yes, I have a problem with women doing the complete opposite of sexual predatory men by making false claims, but that's minor in comparison as proved by history.

Partially agreed: we do things in a knee jerk fashion then keep doing it back and forth for 30 years before finding center. The Pendulum Swings. That'd make a nice soap opera about Washington, D.C., eh?

I have no problem with women not wanting to be harassed or coerced for sex in order to keep their jobs, make a promotion or otherwise treated less than men. Yes, I have a problem with women doing the complete opposite of sexual predatory men by making false claims, but that's minor in comparison as proved by history.

If we're not careful the false claims will increase dramatically. With ever less evidence required.

I know two people whose lives were wrecked by false claims. One of statutory rape and one child molestation.

Both "victims" recanted years later, but the damage was done.

Here in San Diego several years ago a group of girls made up a sexual misconduct charge against a gym teacher for making them run laps.

If they hadn't totally choked when interviewed, he would have gone to jail.

So while false claims are more rare than real abuses by men, they aren't statistically insignificant.

If we're not careful the false claims will increase dramatically. With ever less evidence required.

I know two people whose lives were wrecked by false claims. One of statutory rape and one child molestation.

Both "victims" recanted years later, but the damage was done.

Here in San Diego several years ago a group of girls made up a sexual misconduct charge against a gym teacher for making them run laps.

If they hadn't totally choked when interviewed, he would have gone to jail.

So while false claims are more rare than real abuses by men, they aren't statistically insignificant.

How to be careful other than following our legal system? Yes, crap happens.

Back
Top Bottom