• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Didn't take long

Doesn’t look good.

LMAO what a waste but this is easy to NORMAL people and non-nutters

if he is guilty of an actual crime, punish him to the fullest of the law 🤷‍♂️

Best outcome for the country:

• We verify the authenticity of what's on that laptop.
  • We get relevant testimony, under oath, concerning these matters.
  • We learn that President Biden was not involved in a pay-for-access scandal while VP.

Can Congress investigate and audit a private citizen? Sure seems government over reach to me.
Joe Raedle/Getty Images

Former President Donald Trump repeatedly told his onetime White House chief of staff, John Kelly, that he wanted the Internal Revenue Service to investigate his political foes, Kelly told The New York Times.
Among the people Trump wanted to “get the I.R.S. on” were former FBI Director James Comey and former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, Kelly told the newspaper.

“I would say, ‘It’s inappropriate, it’s illegal, it’s against their integrity and the I.R.S. knows what it’s doing and it’s not a good idea,’” Kelly said he told Trump, according to the Times.

“Yeah, but they’re writing bad things about me,” Trump responded, according to Kelly.
McCabe and Comey, both fierce critics of Trump, were ultimately selected by the Internal Revenue Service for an intensive tax audit. The Times noted earlier this year that the odds of any one person being selected for the audit are about one in 30,600, raising questions about how two of Trump’s most visible critics were both selected.

The IRS denied any “politically motivated audits” in a statement to CNN earlier this year, and Kelly told the Times he believes that he guided Trump away from seeking out such investigations during his tenure as chief of staff.
Still, the head of the IRS, Charles Rettig, asked a watchdog to investigate the decision to conduct audits on the pair earlier this year.

well, geez I guess Joe Big guy Biden may suspect of a crime

Let me know when you can show me speeches of him openly saying illegal things and encouraging illegal behavior.

So, while the GOP claim that they will fix inflation and gas prices etc, this is the first thing they launch the day after getting control of the House. Predictable, and no issue that they launch the investigation, but what a set of priorities!!! Listening to the all the 'facts' that the GOP are so worried about in this video, they can obviously have no further protests about the investigations into Trumps activities. Either that or they never heard of hypocrisy.

is anyone surprised? The Republicans never had a plan to fix anything so they are using this to pretend to do something.

It’ll lose them the House again in 2024.

No surprise here. First order of the day for the new and improved House. Never mind governing or proposing legislation. Let's dig up some more dirt on Hunter Biden, who, last I checked, isn't even in any level of government.

But this is a feel good tactic, predictable, and sure to give Rightwingers orgasms. Personally, I won't be watching much if it ends up being televised, and I will bet any Rightie this one will be watched by even less people than watched Jan. 6 commission.

I say to the GOP, go for it. Show the American people where your priorities are. I am lovin' it!

There is literally tons of evidence The "Big Guy" has been taking his cut of the influence peddling schemes.
Is our President compromised by foreign players?
What evidence? What did President Biden do wrong? Be specific.

Republicans have made no mention of Biden malfeasance. They just say they are going to investigate. This is a far cry from a sitting President leading a coup attempt to overthrow our elected government and stealing classified documents while leaving the White House after a resounding defeat.

Republicans are good at making accusations without substance as is the case here.

No way it can look good for Joe and his family. It ain't just Hunter.
Durham probe, part deux.

iu

Will major media outlets (NYT, NPR, WaPro) actively avoid this story as they did in the run up to the 2020 election?

Conversely, here's a good bet: This time Twitter won't be actively suppressing links to stories about it.

No way it can look good for Joe and his family. It ain't just Hunter.
Big assumption they come up with anything against Joe. Hunter is a scum bag to be sure and he likely tried to use his relationship to his benefit but there is zero to suggest Biden Sr was involved in any way.

Republicans should try investigating crimes. They'd be much more successful.

The investigations suppose to come before indictment of a crime. But as per your example, indictment of a crime comes first and then find evidence to support it comes later.

there is zero to suggest Biden Sr was involved in any way.
In all seriousness, how the hell can you make this assertion when, in an unguarded moment, Hunter literally claimed he handed over half is lobbying earnings to his father? When there are emails from Burisma thanking Hunter for the opportunity to meet with this father?

You folks are credulous beyond belief.

Big assumption they come up with anything against Joe. Hunter is a scum bag to be sure and he likely tried to use his relationship to his benefit but there is zero to suggest Biden Sr was involved in any way.
Nope. It ain't just Hunter. There are witnesses that observed what went on, Joe was involved, and denied he ever knew anything about any of it.

Back
Top Bottom