• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did you ever really believe?

Nor Jesus, from the evidence of your posting history.

Wrong again. By the way, slightly liberal is like saying one is slightly pregnant. Not a good path to take, Manc. Liberalism is moronic.

I remember praying before bed when I was five or six, and if I forgot or skipped it, I’d freak out about boogiemen. So, I’d hurry one out when I remembered again. But, by the time I started listening to the radio while going to sleep, I quit doing it.

I have no idea what age I was when I figured out all the god stuff was bull****. It probably happened by ten or 11. But I’m still more agnostic than atheist.

I know that as far as the eye can see—and the “eye” today can see very far—there is no god. But I have no idea what lies beyond. I know there’s no Jesus and saints or other weird crap like divine miracles, but there could be something or not way out there that we can’t get our arms around.

I doubt that thing is a god though. At least, I’m sure it’s not sky daddy who is watching if we are naughty or nice like ****ing Santa Claus.

Yeah, I have always wondered said even if you could use cosmological or other argument to prove God, how do we know what he really does or does not want? How do we know he’s not some capricious or jokester God, or just fattening us up like lambs before the slaughter, or just plain psychopathically evil?

In ancient times, I believe it was the Gnostics who had some beliefs like that.

Wrong again. By the way, slightly liberal is like saying one is slightly pregnant. Not a good path to take, Manc. Liberalism is moronic.

Not nearly as moronic as the belief that we are being watched by some sky daddy who is keeping tabs on if we've been naughty or nice like freaking Santa Claus.

Your posts say different. And it's Mister Kipper to you.

"By the way, slightly liberal is like saying one is slightly pregnant."

:lamo:lamo Confusing a political standpoint with being pregnant!

"By the way, slightly liberal is like saying one is slightly pregnant."

:lamo:lamo Confusing a political standpoint with being pregnant!

Are you surprised?

Absolutely I did, once upon a time. Then I realized how idiotic and indefensible it all is.

I was a believer, so much so, that I completed a pilgrimage - The Camino to Santiago in 95. After walking over a 1000 kilometres through France and Spain the journey had the opposite outcome it was supposed to. I must have walked the God out of me because I never went back to mass. The whole Jesus thing just stopped making sense. Spent the rest of my time in Spain chasing chicas and drinking wine - loved every minute of it.

I was a believer, so much so, that I completed a pilgrimage - The Camino to Santiago in 95. After walking over a 1000 kilometres through France and Spain the journey had the opposite outcome it was supposed to. I must have walked the God out of me because I never went back to mass. The whole Jesus thing just stopped making sense. Spent the rest of my time in Spain chasing chicas and drinking wine - loved every minute of it.

You got your priorities right.

Back
Top Bottom