• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did you contribute to Trump's "Election Defense" fund without reading the fine print?

Did you contribute to Trump's Election Defense fund without reading the fine print?

• Yes I was unaware the funds would be diverted

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
for president but he claimed to vote GOP in some lower races until Trump
Yeah, seems like a perfectly reasonable position to take when his party fell under the spell of ... that. If Ds nominated Stalin, I'm not sure how long it would take before I changed from "I'm a D who opposes Stalin" to just "I'm not a D anymore." Never been put in that position by my fellow voters (so far).

I don't recall any post from you that was inconsistent with a Democrat point of view.
Could be true.
I don't post here much nowadays.
Having said that....sure...on a national level I don't see any GOPer I care for.
They all seem to be Trump toadies with a couple of exceptions.

Could be true.
I don't post here much nowadays.
Having said that....sure...on a national level I don't see any GOPer I care for.
They all seem to be Trump toadies with a couple of exceptions.
I vote on issues and policies.

Hi All,

Just curious here.

Is it common in the US to pay money for an election? I know there is big money involved, but when the likes of Bloomberg donate 100,000,000USD it adds up quickly and distorts the overall picture. So I honestly have not got a clue as to how many people donate to the party

Joey

Hi All,

Just curious here.

Is it common in the US to pay money for an election? I know there is big money involved, but when the likes of Bloomberg donate 100,000,000USD it adds up quickly and distorts the overall picture. So I honestly have not got a clue as to how many people donate to the party

Joey
Yes, in the US money does not buy elections, but it buys a shot at winning elections. The overall picture here is distorted in this and many other ways. The Supreme Court calls buying political office "free speech."

Yes, in the US money does not buy elections, but it buys a shot at winning elections. The overall picture here is distorted in this and many other ways. The Supreme Court calls buying political office "free speech."
what constitutional provision gives the federal government the proper power to tell say Bloomturd that he cannot waste 100 million dollars trying to buy Florida for Senile Joe?

what constitutional provision gives the federal government the proper power to tell say Bloomturd that he cannot waste 100 million dollars trying to buy Florida for Senile Joe?
Oh good god, what constitutional provision says corporations are people? The constitution doesn't cover everything.

Oh good god, what constitutional provision says corporations are people? The constitution doesn't cover everything.
exactly, but when the federal government tries to limit what someone does, it best be able to cite something in Article One, Section 8

it is the proper one when dealing with rights
Sorry, bored with bouncing around among dead people texts to justify anything in the modern world. When you find the part of the constitution, federalist papers, or dead sea scrolls that specifically addresses the modern ability of billionaires to buy up media and dictate the message and information that hundreds of millions receive, please let me know.

Sorry, bored with bouncing around among dead people texts to justify anything in the modern world. When you find the part of the constitution, federalist papers, or dead sea scrolls that specifically addresses the modern ability of billionaires to buy up media and dictate the message and information that hundreds of millions receive, please let me know.
than get an amendment passed rather than engage in the dishonest nonsense of "if it feels good, it must be constitutional" crap. an attitude that is substantively responsible for the mess of government we have today. FDR's nonsense should be lesson to anyone who has studied the law.

Hi Skeptic,

The name is a bit of a give-away. Turtles are not exactly know for catching up quickly now, are they? But considering their lifespan, we'll ask him again in lets say 150 years or so?

Joey

than get an amendment passed rather than engage in the dishonest nonsense of "if it feels good, it must be constitutional" crap. an attitude that is substantively responsible for the mess of government we have today. FDR's nonsense should be lesson to anyone who has studied the law.
(1) as stated elsewhere, amendment is a red herring because the dead folk who run our modern society made it all but impossible, (2) the whole limit vs. expand thing is a word trick to defend results you like; the point is that most of the results are made up with only passing or unconvincing reference to the constitution, because the constitution did not magically address all these futuristic and far-fetched hypothetical (to them) issues

I noticed you did not post a link to back up your accusations. If you have a link that does not come from CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, and NBC, Washington Post, NYT, Huffington Post, Slate, Vox, I would be interested in reading it.

We don't need to....it is stated on the website in the fine print. All you have to do is go to the website as if you were making a donation and read all of the fine print. It is all right there for you.

No need to go to a news site. So...you don't get to claim "fake news" or "deep state". All on the Trump website...no liberal input.

So...what do you have to say now? Did you get scammed? Will you admit that Trump took you for a ride?

I noticed you did not post a link to back up your accusations. If you have a link that does not come from CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, and NBC, Washington Post, NYT, Huffington Post, Slate, Vox, I would be interested in reading it.
Does Reuters serve your very picky taste? This is found anywhere you look beyond Fox, and I am sure you are not interested in reading it at all.

Why didn't you save space by simply saying, "If you have a link that comes from Fox, OAN or Newsmax, I would be interested in reading it"?

I vote on issues and policies.

As long as they are Republican issues and policies, lol. :LOL:

Meanwhile, you'll stay busy telling everyone else what they are... because after all, you're the expert on everyone else!

As long as they are Republican issues and policies, lol. :LOL:

Meanwhile, you'll stay busy telling everyone else what they are... because after all, you're the expert on everyone else!
actually that is about as wrong as one can get. Its the liberals who cannot fathom anyone voting for someone other than Biden. I, on the other hand, have constantly stated there are rational reasons for people to vote for Biden-gay rights activists, abortion rights activists, union leaders etc.

Have you always voted straight Party line?
no, my first presidential election (80) I voted Libertarian, same in 92. In our Ohio governor's race, I voted for Strickland (D) and Cordray (D) and I voted for Cordray against DeWhine for AG as well. I also was a substantial (1500 dollars) donor to Cordray in both elections and when I lived in the City of Cincinnati (through 89) I voted for Democrats, Charterites and Republicans fairly evenly.

Nobody contributed?

or you did but your embarrassed to admit you’ve been had?

Nobody contributed?

or you did but your embarrassed to admit you’ve been had?
right now I am contributing to the Georgia Senate races to try to keep the senate in GOP hands to block Kamalaho from jacking up everyone's taxes and banning guns

right now I am contributing to the Georgia Senate races to try to keep the senate in GOP hands to block Kamalaho from jacking up everyone's taxes and banning guns

That’s reasonable!

Back
Top Bottom