• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Desm Laughably Pretend Miniscule State Gains = "Blue Wave".

:lamo

The title of this thread should be something like: "Delusional Low-information Trump acolytes channel Bagdad Bob after Blue Wave Midterm".

Here are the REAL bottom line points about the Blue Wave of 2018:

• When all the votes are counted, the Democrats will gain about 38 seats in the House.
  • Democrats will win the popular vote, nationwide, by about 8 MILLION votes...more than a 7% margin, which is larger than the 6% GOP margin in 2010 that netted 63 House seats for the gopers.
  • Were it not for the grotesquely gerrymandered congressional districts drawn by 'publican state legislatures after the 2010 election, the Blue Wave of 2018 would have been a proverbial Blue Tsunami.
  • In the Senate, the Democrats faced the worst electoral map in history, with about 26 seats to defend (compared to 9 for the 'publicans). And of those 26 seats, at least 10 (just off the top of my head...but probably more) were in states that Trump won in 2016 (and 5 of those went for Trump by at LEAST 18 points). And yet, Democrats successfully defended all but three (or 4, depending on Florida), while managing to STEAL 2 republican seats (i.e. Nevada and Arizona). That's a huge win for the Democrats and a huge embarrassment for the gopers.
  • Trump campaigned hard for GOP senate/governor races in Montana, W.V., Wisconsin, Arizona, Nevada, Michigan, Pensylvania, etc.....and all of those candidates (including several incumbents) LOST...some by large margins.
  • In the 8 years between 2008 and 2016, the 'Publicans gained about 1000 seats in state legislatures across the country. In just two years of Trump, they've already lost almost 400 of those seats....after just ONE midterm election.
  • 2020 is going to be even worse for the Trumpsters. The Senate map is reversed, with 22 gopers defending seats (compared to only 11 Democrats)...and about 10-12 of those 22 GOP seats just voted Democratic in the 2018 midterms.

Sorry, but to deny the Blue Wave of 2018 is to be a self-professed delusional Trumpian ideologue. LOL.

Blah blah blah.

The FACTS AS THEY ARE TODAY:

The bottom line: Republicans control 30 state legislatures and Democrats control 18 — compared to 31 and 14 before the election.

In 21 states, there are both Republican governors and Republican majority legislatures. Democrats have full state control in 14 states.

Wow...some "WAVE"....

Oh...a TYPO..GASP!!

How do I spell AFRAID TO ADDRESS THE TOPIC: "DP LEFT".

Dunno...but maybe you might want to get your writing game a little tighter before you start talking about other folks' ability to read..

Cool thread, by the way. :)

Dunno...but maybe you might want to get your writing game a little tighter before you start talking about other folks' ability to read..

Cool thread, by the way. :)

Maybe you might want to get your focus together a little more, instead of trying to make FONT/CAPS/BOLDING and any other forms of written emphasis "the point".

Maybe you might want to get your focus together a little more, instead of trying to make FONT/CAPS/BOLDING and any other forms of written emphasis "the point".

CNN predicting Democrats Win 7 (and possibly 8) of the remaining House races....That is a Plus 40 at least...A nice ass Kicking I'd say...Please continue with your slobbering rants...They amuse us

When did I say anything about "FONT/CAPS/BOLDING"? I was just checking in to make sure you really want to berate people for their reading ability, when you couldn't even get the title of your thread spelled right.

Just trying to be helpful, bud. :)

As for the OP...meh. Wave or not, the "Desm" control the house. I'm not sure by how much really matters. I think the takeaway here is that America is very divided (shocker), and both parties have a lot of work to do (shocker). But, without question, Trump lost power. I'm not sure if you totally understand how these gloat threads are supposed to work...…..

Back
Top Bottom