• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Deniers, explained.

No no no, if you excuse 2019, to "reinstate" cooling trend you have to have 2020 cooler than 2018. Is 2020 going to be cooler than 2018? If not, then, your trend is broken.

No, I do not "have to have" anything. The climate system moves at its own pace, not to be dictated by you or me. When 2020 comes in cooler than 2019 that will be enough. We'll eventually pass 2018 on the way down, but that will come "all in good time."

No, I do not "have to have" anything. The climate system moves at its own pace, not to be dictated by you or me. When 2020 comes in cooler than 2019 that will be enough. We'll eventually pass 2018 on the way down, but that will come "all in good time."

And everybody but you sees the direction. And pace.

c796bf6f81acf1eaddbb0830fdc98040.jpg

:lamo :lamo

No that will not be "enough". But it's funny how you pretend there is a cooling trend in a graph clearly showing warming.

You can't first ignore 2019 because of El Nino but then ALSO fail to compare subsequent points (like 2020) in your pretend-trend to only the year that you ignored.

:screwy

Let's review...

Here is what's happening

ss4.jpg

Can't everyone see this is cooling? Here is Jack Hays's proof applied to much of the last 150 years, using the same "logic"

ss5.jpg

Last edited:

No that will not be "enough". But it's funny how you pretend there is a cooling trend in a graph clearly showing warming.

You can't first ignore 2019 because of El Nino but then ALSO fail to compare subsequent points (like 2020) in your pretend-trend to only the year that you ignored.

Let's review...

Here is what's happening

View attachment 67288968

Can't everyone see this is cooling? Here is Jack Hays's proof applied to much of the last 150 years, using the same "logic"

View attachment 67288969

It’s like this, which he does with arctic sea ice...

And jack has to know how dishonest he’s being. There’s no possible way he doesn’t.

97a2cfc7aecad9aaac6268268f088211.gif

Let's review...

Here is what's happening

View attachment 67288968

View attachment 67288969

The cooling has begun.

I don't know about the rest of the world, but how do you explain 40+ days above 90 degrees in DC? That's so far this year. The DC average is 88 degrees. it has hit 100 a few times and many days in the upper 90s. It seems to me that I remember 40 years ago we had many more cold fronts come through. And yes, so far May and June have been the hottest on record.

I for one fully believe in global warming. As it happens, in the DC area, I repair snow blowers during the winter. I started my business in 2012. Each season's business has been worst than the past with the exception of 2016 blizzard. And that, although it was a big storm, was a very warm snow storm over all. It was melted in no time, and there was no period of sub freezing temperatures following the storm. I see a pattern change just here in my little world.

I don't know about the rest of the world, but how do you explain 40+ days above 90 degrees in DC? That's so far this year. The DC average is 88 degrees. it has hit 100 a few times and many days in the upper 90s. It seems to me that I remember 40 years ago we had many more cold fronts come through. And yes, so far May and June have been the hottest on record.

I for one fully believe in global warming. As it happens, in the DC area, I repair snow blowers during the winter. I started my business in 2012. Each season's business has been worst than the past with the exception of 2016 blizzard. And that, although it was a big storm, was a very warm snow storm over all. It was melted in no time, and there was no period of sub freezing temperatures following the storm. I see a pattern change just here in my little world.

[h=2]New Study: North America Has Been Cooling Since 1998 – With No Significant Overall Warming Since 1982[/h]By Kenneth Richard on 14. March 2019
The Post-1998 Hiatus Plods On…Regionally Image Source: Gan et al., 2019 North America (180-0°N, 15-60°N) has been characterized as a “major cooling center” by the authors of a new paper (Gan et al., 2019) published in Earth and Space Science. The continent warmed from 1982-1998, but a cooling trend since 1998 has nearly wiped out […]

Btw, we lived in Reston until 2017.

[h=2]August 6, 1918 – Hottest Day In Washington DC History[/h][FONT=&quot]Posted on August 6, 2017 by tonyheller
Over the past century, August 6 afternoon temperatures have plummeted in the US. On August 6, 1918 one third of the US was over 100F, about ten times the area of last year – the official “hottest year ever.” August … Continue reading →

[FONT=&quot]Posted in Uncategorized | 3 Comments[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[h=2]July 20, 1930 – Hottest Day On Record In Washington DC[/h][FONT=&quot]Posted on July 20, 2017 by tonyheller
On this date in 1930, Washington DC reached 106F – the hottest temperature ever recorded there. Most of the eastern half of the US was above 100F. The closest USHCN station to DC in Virginia is at Lincoln. It is … Continue reading →

[/FONT]

Btw, we lived in Reston until 2017.

[h=2]August 6, 1918 – Hottest Day In Washington DC History[/h][FONT="]Posted on [URL="https://realclimatescience.com/2017/08/august-6-1918-hottest-day-in-washington-dc-history/"]August 6, 2017[/URL] by tonyheller
Over the past century, August 6 afternoon temperatures have plummeted in the US. On August 6, 1918 one third of the US was over 100F, about ten times the area of last year – the official “hottest year ever.” August … Continue reading →

[FONT="]Posted in [URL="https://realclimatescience.com/category/uncategorized/"]Uncategorized[/URL] | 3 Comments[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[h=2]July 20, 1930 – Hottest Day On Record In Washington DC[/h][FONT="]Posted on [URL="https://realclimatescience.com/2017/07/july-20-1930-hottest-day-on-record-in-washington-dc/"]July 20, 2017[/URL] by tonyheller
On this date in 1930, Washington DC reached 106F – the hottest temperature ever recorded there. Most of the eastern half of the US was above 100F. The closest USHCN station to DC in Virginia is at Lincoln. It is … Continue reading →

[/FONT]

Everyone expects a few heat waves. It just seems to me that these 90s-100s waves are lasting much longer than years ago. And the winters are easily noticeably warmer. Admittedly, I am slightly biased since my bread and butter depends on a snowy cold winter. I can remember winters just 10 years ago that were way colder and snowier than they have been recently. If a cool down is coming, I hope I am not dead before it gets here.

Everyone expects a few heat waves. It just seems to me that these 90s-100s waves are lasting much longer than years ago. And the winters are easily noticeably warmer. Admittedly, I am slightly biased since my bread and butter depends on a snowy cold winter. I can remember winters just 10 years ago that were way colder and snowier than they have been recently. If a cool down is coming, I hope I am not dead before it gets here.

And my late mother remembered regularly playing outside in shirtsleeves on Christmas day in Indiana in the 1930's.

[h=2]New Study: North America Has Been Cooling Since 1998 – With No Significant Overall Warming Since 1982[/h]By Kenneth Richard on 14. March 2019
The Post-1998 Hiatus Plods On…Regionally Image Source: Gan et al., 2019 North America (180-0°N, 15-60°N) has been characterized as a “major cooling center” by the authors of a new paper (Gan et al., 2019) published in Earth and Space Science. The continent warmed from 1982-1998, but a cooling trend since 1998 has nearly wiped out […]

And here we have yet another denialist hack lying with a title that misstates the facts. The study being cited here doesn't even cover the warming of the last 5+ years.

So... there has been warming since 1998 in North America. And it is obvious that the warming since 1982 is significant.

Screenshot_2020-07-26 Climate at a Glance National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI).png

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/cag/global/time-series/northAmerica/land/...

The paper only runs to 2014. Duh.

Yeah... that's what I said. Duh.

Now, why is Kenneth Richard ignoring this fact and lying about there being cooling since 1998? And what about the lie that there is no significant warming since 1982? This is a lie even without considering the last 5 years.

Yeah... that's what I said. Duh.

Now, why is Kenneth Richard ignoring this fact and lying about there being cooling since 1998? And what about the lie that there is no significant warming since 1982? This is a lie even without considering the last 5 years.

Please read the posts before you attack.

[h=4]"The continent warmed from 1982-1998, but a cooling trend since 1998 has nearly wiped out all the previous warming.[/h][h=4]Overall, there has been no significant temperature change in North America since 1982."[/h]

Please read the posts before you attack.

[h=4]"The continent warmed from 1982-1998, but a cooling trend since 1998 has nearly wiped out all the previous warming.[/h][h=4]Overall, there has been no significant temperature change in North America since 1982."[/h]

On alternate Tuesday’s excluding November if its a leap year.

On alternate Tuesday’s excluding November if its a leap year.

Learn first, then post.

Gan et al., 2019

The Key Role of Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation
in Minimum Temperature Over North America
During Global Warming Slowdown

“Daily Minimum temperature (Tmin) is an important variable in both global and regional climate changes, and its variability can greatly affect the ecological system. In the early 21st century, warming slowdown is seen over the North Hemisphere and North America is one of the major cooling centers.”

In this study, we found that Tmin experienced an obvious decline in North America during warming slowdown period. Such Tmin decline is closely related to the Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation (AMO), the correlation between the decadal components of Tmin and AMO reached 0.71 during 1950-2014.”

North-American-Hiatus-1982-to-2014-Gan-2019.jpg

[h=6]Image Source: Gan et al., 2019[/h]

Learn first, then post.

Gan et al., 2019

The Key Role of Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation
in Minimum Temperature Over North America
During Global Warming Slowdown

“Daily Minimum temperature (Tmin) is an important variable in both global and regional climate changes, and its variability can greatly affect the ecological system. In the early 21st century, warming slowdown is seen over the North Hemisphere and North America is one of the major cooling centers.”

In this study, we found that Tmin experienced an obvious decline in North America during warming slowdown period. Such Tmin decline is closely related to the Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation (AMO), the correlation between the decadal components of Tmin and AMO reached 0.71 during 1950-2014.”

North-American-Hiatus-1982-to-2014-Gan-2019.jpg

[h=6]Image Source: Gan et al., 2019[/h]

Yes.

I understand some denier blog told you this paper from last year was important.

Not sure why your handlers at WUWT want you to spam it every other post tho.

Back
Top Bottom