• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Dems urge Rove to resign & Bush to apologize

Stinger said:
Then you don't listen very well. But please give us some examples of his conservative positions.

From one of the more popular sources around here

Chris Matthews
From Wikiquote
Jump to: navigation, search

Chris Matthews (1945–), politically liberal host of Hardball with Chris Matthews, known for his trademark "hardball" interruptions of his guests
Wikipedia also states that Matthews voted for Bush. :confused:

Stinger said:
Then you don't listen very well. But please give us some examples of his conservative positions.

From one of the more popular sources around here

Chris Matthews
From Wikiquote
Jump to: navigation, search

Chris Matthews (1945–), politically liberal host of Hardball with Chris Matthews, known for his trademark "hardball" interruptions of his guests

Matthews commenting on Bush in Flight Suit and Mission Accomplished

Last night on MSNBC, Chris Mathews rhetorically asked: "Why are the Democrats so stupid to attack the best presidential picture in years?"
http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/comment-whitney050803.asp

The October 2003 issue of Vanity Fair (which has returned to earth since featuring the Bush administration as stalwart mannequins) includes James Wolcott’s hilarious commentary on the hubbub over Bush’s basket. Saying that MSNBC’s Chris Matthews "gets as gaga as Andrew Sullivan and frequent guest Peggy Noonan over that hickory-smoked hunk of masculinity, George W. Bush," Wolcott wrote:

"One of the more cringe-inducing TV moments in recent memory was Matthews and G. Gordon Liddy sprouting rhetorical woodies over the spectacle of Bush on the carrier deck in his flight suit, his parachute harness showcasing the presidential bulge -- or, to use Liddy’s inimitable phrase, "his manly characteristic." One guy to another, Liddy put Matthews wise. "You know, all those women who say size doesn’t count, they’re all liars. Check that out."

Matthews: "And I’ve got to say why do the Democrats, as you say, want to keep advertising this guy’s greatest moment?"

Liddy: "Look, he’s coming across as a, well, as women would call in my show saying, what a stud. . ." "

To borrow a line from the late critic Marvin Mudrick, the two of them should take a cold shower, preferably not together."
http://www.buzzflash.com/farrell/03/09/23.html

Appearing as a guest on the same network's "Imus in the Morning" show today, Matthews said that the Democratic primary race "sucks" now that Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts has taken the lead over former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean.

Meanwhile, Kerry and Sen. John Edwards of South Carolina "hid in the closet on the issue," Matthews steamed on the Imus show in front of a live audience of New Hampshire voters on the eve of their primary election. But Matthews wasn't finished venting

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=36781

cnredd said:
I can imagine it now..."Whiffleball with cnredd"...

"My guests tonight are Carmen Electra, Eva Longoria, and Jennifer Love Hewitt...

Ladies?...descibe your political beliefs...in these thongs...on my lap"...:cool:

Fire up the TIVO.

scottyz said:
Wikipedia also states that Matthews voted for Bush. :confused:

Where?................

Stinger said:
Where?................
You have to look before you can find. Search engines aren't that hard to use.

"Despite working for Democrats, Matthews has said, "I'm more conservative than people think," and "I've voted Republican many times, (including) for George W. Bush in 2000." - October 3, 2003, Hardball "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Matthews

Binary_Digit said:
You have to look before you can find. Search engines aren't that hard to use.

"Despite working for Democrats, Matthews has said, "I'm more conservative than people think," and "I've voted Republican many times, (including) for George W. Bush in 2000." - October 3, 2003, Hardball "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Matthews

Sorry I don't take Soro's Media Matters as a source. I searched the show transcripts and cannot find it and have emailed the show.

Stinger said:
Sorry I don't take Soro's Media Matters as a source. I searched the show transcripts and cannot find it and have emailed the show.
It's not Media Matters, it's Wikipedia you oak! Whatever, go ahead and email them. Don't trust some biased encyclopedia.

Why should Bush apologize? Why should Rove resign? They've been charged with nothing.

The real question, or investigation should be: Why did George Tenet, the Director of the C.I.A. (appointed by Clinton), send former ambassador, Joe Wilson, to Niger to gather intelligence?

You're telling me the C.I.A. didn't have anyone better qualified, or someone with a lower profile than a former ambassador?

And who recommended Joe Wilson for this job? His wife, Valerie Plame, a former undercover operative, who now is a desk jockey.

Then Wilson, writes an op-ed piece about his intelligence gathering in the NY Times, claiming Cheney sent him.

The indictment from the current investigation hinges on a conversation between Libby and Cheney, wondering, "who the F#CK is Joe Wilson"?

Sounds to me like Joe Wilson, Valerie Plame, and George Tenet need to be investigated for the BS THEY created.

"Dems urge Rove to resign & Bush to apologize"

Bwahahaha. Americans are so ****ing dumb. The sad thing is that our elected leadership know it and use it to grandstand. Does anyone actually believe that the Dems are looking for a resignation and an apology or do they see it for what it is - a path to the white House in 2008?

I guess Rove better resign and Bush better apologize, because the Dems urged it. Hahaha. That's rich. Here let me do it. I urge all of the global left to log off of this site and never return. Why haven't you done it? Didn't you see? I urged it.

Back
Top Bottom