• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats No Spending

When can we stop spending and pay the debt?

• At the next Republican Administration.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some time on into the Democratic rule.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • ASAP.

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Don't need to pay debt or stop spending.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • The Democrats will never raise taxes and cut spending.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Rubio will never run against his Party, raise taxes and ask for a Democrat House and Senate.

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Exquisitor

Educator
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Democrats No Spending:

After the big Democrat spending, we're going to say to the next Republican Administration (in a million years), "No more spending, pay debt now, and raise taxes and cut spending, wait, I need another bong-hit. (You don't do bong-hits because you need them, you do them because you're offered some reward).

Really, we can stop spending and pay debt right away or at our convenience until the Republican.

Because that is what they did to Obama.

Every dollar of government debt is someone's net worth.

Democrats No Spending:

After the big Democrat spending, we're going to say to the next Republican Administration (in a million years), "No more spending, pay debt now, and raise taxes and cut spending, wait, I need another bong-hit. (You don't do bong-hits because you need them, you do them because you're offered some reward).

Really, we can stop spending and pay debt right away or at our convenience until the Republican.

As soon as taxing the rich is no longer a deadly sin worthy of damnation and hellfire.

don't need to pay debt oh i'm visiting abolish the debt.

We need to pay our debts, because if we don't we might end up in war with other countries wanting their money back.

And no don't leave the Republicans to deal about it alone.

Try and work together. The Biden Administration can work on one part of our debts, and the Republicans can work on the second part/

We need to pay our debts, because if we don't we might end up in war with other countries wanting their money back.

Highly doubtful, OneAndOnlyJackson. Countries that do not pay back their debts and enter into sovereign default tend to suffer hyperinflation, not wars.

Well this is someone who clearly does not understand international finance.

We had the chance to raise taxes and cut spending. In fact it may have been the only opportunity. It was in 2017, and the GOP cut taxes.

The debt is irrelevant, politically speaking.

You could confiscate all their wealth and wouldn't make a dent in the national debt.
Yeah that’s been built up over the course of 50 years by them not paying taxes

The debt problem is a non-issue. We just need to reincorporate the entire nation. On March 14, 2022, we will formally disband the United States of America and replace it with a new United States of Moremerica. It will be identical to its predecessor except that all prior debts will be assigned to the previous USA which now will govern about 150 square feet in southeast Idaho. Those who want to collect on the debt will be welcomed to dig within this 150 square foot plot for mineral assets that can be used to pay off the debt.

Of course we pay our debts. The only time it was an issue was in 2011 when Republicans threatened not to pay our debts in order to put pressure on Democrats to sabotage the recovery so the Republicans would have a chance at winning the White House in 2012. They failed in winning the White House, but at the cost of a hit to the nation's credit rating.

Irresponsible Republican political shenanigans aside, paying our debts is not in question.

Democrats No Spending:

What?

I'm saying lets get a big Majority and then when they elect a Republican President, we say to him, "No more spending."

Just an idiotic idea, I don't plan on having any more Republican Presidents, they told me themselves, so is it unto them.

Back
Top Bottom