• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Democrats make fools out of themselves at the Alito Hearings

aps said:
Nope. Not kidding. I was just curious what the conclusion would be under those facts. I know what you're saying. Objectively, it sounds horrible what he did, and he should be ashamed of that. However, no one knows how they would act if put under those circumstances. Maybe you would be more honorable, maybe not. Being in a state of shock can completely change your judgment.

Trying to compare what Kennedy did with what Laura Bush did is quite absurd. Had an adult Kennedy acted as a teenage Bush he would not have had this dispicable legacy to live with. If it had been JUST and accident even one involving negligence in driving. But that is NOT what Kennedy did. He let her die. She could have been saved, he let her die to save his own political skin. She as in that cold water trapped in that car as the air gave out and she drowned while he was trying to figure out a way to get out of it even have someone else say they were driving the car. He let her die and then he lied about it and to this day has never taken responsibility for it. And even worse the media let him get away with it.

I really think you owe Laura Bush an appology for trying to equate her with Kennedy.

SouthernDemocrat said:
I am sure that Alito does not hold those views either. However, your comparison is bogus. Alito had an association with an organization thats actually ADVOCATED those views. That is why it is an appropriate question to ask him about it.

I watched the hearings today and Alito answered the same questions over and over again...Lets face it the dems did not lay a glove on him and I though Kennedy was going to implode when Specter put him in his place........It was great to see that fat wlarus get it........

Stinger said:
Trying to compare what Kennedy did with what Laura Bush did is quite absurd. Had an adult Kennedy acted as a teenage Bush he would not have had this dispicable legacy to live with. If it had been JUST and accident even one involving negligence in driving. But that is NOT what Kennedy did. He let her die. She could have been saved, he let her die to save his own political skin. She as in that cold water trapped in that car as the air gave out and she drowned while he was trying to figure out a way to get out of it even have someone else say they were driving the car. He let her die and then he lied about it and to this day has never taken responsibility for it. And even worse the media let him get away with it.

I really think you owe Laura Bush an appology for trying to equate her with Kennedy.

Excellent post.

The drunken sodden Kennedy looked particularly incompentent today as his handler Dieane Feinstein had to come to his rescue as he fumbled around proving that trying to read a transcript and Chivas Regal don't mix

aps said:
What is your opinion, then, of Laura Bush?

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - At 17, Laura Bush ran a stop sign and crashed into another car, killing her boyfriend who was driving it, according to an accident report released to The Associated Press on Wednesday.

http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3910b26e685a.htm

aps, my God she was 17 years old and has to live with that her whole life....To compare her to Kennedy a senator being drunk and fleeing the scene of the accident is a little much.........

Navy Pride said:
aps, my God she was 17 years old and has to live with that her whole life....To compare her to Kennedy a senator being drunk and fleeing the scene of the accident is a little much.........

Stinger said:

Just because I ask a question about Laura Bush and her killing her boyfriend means that I am comparing the two? All I did was ask Calm what label he would give to a different set of facts. You don't like? You can ignore the question. If you think that your disgust with my question is somehow going to shame me, you thought wrong.

I agree that what Ted Kennedy did sounds awful from an objective point of view. I just find it rather pathetic that here you all are up in arms about my question about Laura Bush, but you can't stop condemning Kennedy for something he did decades ago.

Stinger said:

I don't see any evidence that Kennedy willfully let her die. Nearly anyone - even a politician - would have at least tried to save the life of another person in that circumstance. That certainly doesn't excuse his drunk-driving homicide, but let's stick with the facts rather than your speculation on whether he tried to help her.

aps said:
What is your opinion, then, of Laura Bush?

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - At 17, Laura Bush ran a stop sign and crashed into another car, killing her boyfriend who was driving it, according to an accident report released to The Associated Press on Wednesday.

http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3910b26e685a.htm

The circumstances are a bit different. Far as I know she didn't leave anyone to die. She didn't leave the scene of an accident. And she didn't have her family try and cover the death and the circumstances up. Although she actually may have tried the last part, so i am not sure about that. My opinion is that she should held accountable for her actions no matter what her last name and who her father is.

Calm2Chaos said:
The circumstances are a bit different. Far as I know she didn't leave anyone to die. She didn't leave the scene of an accident. And she didn't have her family try and cover the death and the circumstances up. Although she actually may have tried the last part, so i am not sure about that. My opinion is that she should held accountable for her actions no matter what her last name and who her father is.

Now that is a great answer. I appreciate your honesty, and I totally understand what you're saying. :2wave:

aps said:
Just because I ask a question about Laura Bush and her killing her boyfriend means that I am comparing the two?

Yes it does, you related the two through your questions and you owe Laura Bush an appology.

I agree that what Ted Kennedy did sounds awful from an objective point of view.

It was dispicable from ANY point of view.

I just find it rather pathetic that here you all are up in arms about my question about Laura Bush, but you can't stop condemning Kennedy for something he did decades ago.

Well I find it rather pathetic that you try to excuse this blowhard by trying to compare him to Laura Bush. Kennedy let that woman die to save his political future he deserves to be condemed until his dying day.

Stinger said:
Yes it does, you related the two through your questions and you owe Laura Bush an appology.

Oh brother.

It was dispicable from ANY point of view.

See above answer.

Well I find it rather pathetic that you try to excuse this blowhard by trying to compare him to Laura Bush. Kennedy let that woman die to save his political future he deserves to be condemed until his dying day.

Okay, okay, I admit that there was an implication that there was a comparison. I am certainly not excusing him from what he did. It's just not something I fault him for, and the same applies to Laura Bush. You are entitled to your opinion/feelings on the subject matter, and I am entitled to mine.

aps said:
Just because I ask a question about Laura Bush and her killing her boyfriend means that I am comparing the two? All I did was ask Calm what label he would give to a different set of facts. You don't like? You can ignore the question. If you think that your disgust with my question is somehow going to shame me, you thought wrong.

I agree that what Ted Kennedy did sounds awful from an objective point of view. I just find it rather pathetic that here you all are up in arms about my question about Laura Bush, but you can't stop condemning Kennedy for something he did decades ago.

Yes even though it was a long time ago Kennedy was already a Senator and a candidate for president........Slightly different then a 17 year old high chool girl..........

Besides Kennedy is a hypocrite........Laura Bush is not.........

Back
Top Bottom