• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Democrats Have Momentum

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Looks like Trump scare tactics aren't working in local races.

Polls w/50% or more for Dems:

FL, NJ, MO, AZ.

Dem slight leads:

NV, IN, WV, MT

Dead heats:

TN, IA, TX

Republican advantage:

ND

Democrats can afford to lose ND if they pick up either IA, TX, or TN. Democrats need to win every state they have a slight lead in in which to take the Senate. It also helps if they win all three TN, IA, and TX in order to gain a majority.

FL, NJ, MO, AZ.

Dem slight leads:

NV, IN, WV, MT

Dead heats:

TN, IA, TX

Republican advantage:

ND

Democrats can afford to lose ND if they pick up either IA, TX, or TN. Democrats need to win every state they have a slight lead in in which to take the Senate. It also helps if they win all three TN, IA, and TX in order to gain a majority.
You know its only going to be a handfull of votes in many of the races that will decide seats. Its very possible the gop sweeps dems across the board. If that happens i wonder if they turn on their own voters and blame them for not enough of them coming out or will you all finally acknowledge that your opinions are not being embrsaced by the country?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

You know its only going to be a handfull of votes in many of the races that will decide seats.

haha. Facts say early voting has surpassed the amount of votes in the last election!!!!!! So you're wrong.

haha. Facts say early voting has surpassed the amount of votes in the last election!!!!!! So you're wrong.
You think that high early voting numbers indicates these races will be blow outs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

You think that high early voting numbers indicates these races will be blow outs?

You seem to not understand what slight leads and dead heats mean.

You know its only going to be a handfull of votes in many of the races that will decide seats. Its very possible the gop sweeps dems across the board. If that happens i wonder if they turn on their own voters and blame them for not enough of them coming out or will you all finally acknowledge that your opinions are not being embrsaced by the country?

I think the 'McResistance' bull**** is a joke, but I think the Democrats have a far greater shot during a Trump presidency, rather than a Clinton presidency.

There's incumbency to consider, but the American people tend to tire of the established power very quickly, which is why we often see presidents dealing with an opposing legislature after mid-term elections. I see Clinton as incapable of building up confidence and compelling people to vote. I feel that it's due to fact that we don't have her weighing us down that progressives still have a fire lit under their asses. I'd be shocked as **** if we don't see higher voter turnouts, particularly among the younger crowd.

Beto wouldn't be doing half as good right now, otherwise.

The Hillary retort.
I wonder if we'll see an escalation of mobs and calls for "resistance" if Dems lose. Or, if we'll see a renewed surge of Russiant bot claims and how Putin paid for the wins.

I think the 'McResistance' bull**** is a joke, but I think the Democrats have a far greater shot during a Trump presidency, rather than a Clinton presidency.

There's incumbency to consider, but the American people tend to tire of the established power very quickly, which is why we often see presidents dealing with an opposing legislature after mid-term elections. I see Clinton as incapable of building up confidence and compelling people to vote. I feel that it's due to fact that we don't have her weighing us down that progressives still have a fire lit under their asses. I'd be shocked as **** if we don't see higher voter turnouts, particularly among the younger crowd.

I also gotta give props to the celebs. Obama, Oprah, Swift have all contributed to massive voter turnouts. Young people have generally not cared about midterms this much. Those are the people why. Dems have been successful at using star power, while the Republicans think they are stars.

I don't pretend to know how things will turn out. I think anyone who does is full of themseves. Even the pollsters are hesitant and hedging their perdictions.

No doubt I don't think I can remember the Ubber left being as angry as it is today. I also don't remember a time when the hard right was equally resolved in their position. They are both locked in and showing up in full force.

This election like many will be decided by the way the moderates break. Do they keep the gop not wanting to derail a thriving economy. Do they want the border controlled. Do they want a check on Trump. Those are the questions that people will be answering with their vote

The Hillary retort.
I wonder if we'll see an escalation of mobs and calls for "resistance" if Dems lose. Or, if we'll see a renewed surge of Russiant bot claims and how Putin paid for the wins.
I can honestly see them blaming their own supporters they don't seem to have the capability to look in the mirrior.

Typical of you to try and make it into a personal thing.

No. Not personal. I only listed four races I thought were going to be blowouts.

FL, NJ, MO, AZ.

Dem slight leads:

NV, IN, WV, MT

Dead heats:

TN, IA, TX

Republican advantage:

ND

The GOP will retain control of the Senate, they might even pick up a few seats along the way...

The Dems have no shot at TX... The only currently GOP seats the Dems have any shot to pick up are AZ and NV, and they will be losing ND to the GOP. My guess is the Dems get AZ but not NV...

FL could go either way, MO should go GOP, Dems will hold MT, Dems will hold WV, Dems will prolly hold IN...

So, Dems pick up 1 seat, GOP picks up 2 seats, net gain +1 GOP... And that's being very safe in my guessing... The GOP could actually pick up a few others too...

Not sure if GOP will hold onto the House or not... My gut feeling is that they will though.

FL, NJ, MO, AZ.

Dem slight leads:

NV, IN, WV, MT

Dead heats:

TN, IA, TX

Republican advantage:

ND

You post Tx as a dead heat, yet all polls shown on realclearpolitics has Cruz up in all of them, and has him 50% or over. Your moniker seems to fit. Get out of the fog.

FL, NJ, MO, AZ.

Dem slight leads:

NV, IN, WV, MT

Dead heats:

TN, IA, TX

Republican advantage:

ND

more evidence that your claim of being a GOP supporter is a joke. And the margin of error is in play in all of these states. No one really can claim an accurate prediction at this point

FL, NJ, MO, AZ.

Dem slight leads:

NV, IN, WV, MT

Dead heats:

TN, IA, TX

Republican advantage:

ND

I am hoping for a blue wave but it is unlikely for the same reasons as 2016. Dems are getting cocky again and people are believing that they are going to win. When that happened in 2016 people stayed home thinking their vote wasn't needed. This has that same feel to it.

There is no question the majority of Americans hate Trump and hate rhetoric. The problem is the majority of people who don't vote are the ones who need to vote. Trumps racist supporters will be out in full force. If dems are to have any shot to actually win they need to be out as well. But large portions of them won't be.

more evidence that your claim of being a GOP supporter is a joke. And the margin of error is in play in all of these states. No one really can claim an accurate prediction at this point

What's true is that GOP is dong nothing to lure me in. Their platform is so far right that they have lost my support. I won't be voting for Menendez though...

Nah...they won't blame their voters...after all, Dem voters just do what people tell them to do.

No...they'll blame the Russians.

Trumps racist supporters will be out in full force. If dems are to have any shot to actually win they need to be out as well. But large portions of them won't be.

Trump's supporters who aren't racist will also be out to vote in full force.

I am hoping for a blue wave but it is unlikely for the same reasons as 2016. Dems are getting cocky again and people are believing that they are going to win. When that happened in 2016 people stayed home thinking their vote wasn't needed. This has that same feel to it.

There is no question the majority of Americans hate Trump and hate rhetoric. The problem is the majority of people who don't vote are the ones who need to vote. Trumps racist supporters will be out in full force. If dems are to have any shot to actually win they need to be out as well. But large portions of them won't be.

I think a lot of people have already voted. So that's probably why they feel that way more than before.

Trump's supporters who aren't racist will also be out to vote in full force.

Some hard core lefties think that unless you support tax hikes, gun bans, open borders, socialized medicine and class warfare, you must be racist. Its such a stupid argument but they cannot cease and desist from using it

Nah...they won't blame their voters...after all, Dem voters just do what people tell them to do.

No...they'll blame the Russians.
Being mad at the Russians didn't work. They need a new fall guy

FL, NJ, MO, AZ.

Dem slight leads:

NV, IN, WV, MT

Dead heats:

TN, IA, TX

Republican advantage:

ND

Don't give it the Kinahora.

In related news:

[h=1]Brian Kemp Campaign Energized After Seeing Early Voter Suppression Numbers[/h]

Back
Top Bottom