• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democratic voters only - are you worried about the midterm elections?

Democratic voters only --- are you worried about the midterm elections?

• Total voters
You spelled "forever" wrong.
If the current GOP wins either chamber, that's probably the last election we will have in this country.
The Putin playbook is in operation...full swing.
In future, opposition candidates will simply be told they're not allowed to run, and if they don't get the message, they'll be arrested.
I don't agree that the Tweety party will rule uncontested forever. However, the Democrats have probably handed them a long term majority by refusing to accept reality and to do something about it.

I don't agree that the Tweety party will rule uncontested forever. However, the Democrats have probably handed them a long term majority by refusing to accept reality and to do something about it.

I'd give your post a double like if possible.

The GOP really no longer exists. Democrats could have, should have, taken advantage of that but they didn't/haven't and I don't see it happening. If I am assigning blame I'd assign present and future blame to the Democratic Party.

The GOP really no longer exists. Democrats could have, should have, taken advantage of that but they didn't/haven't and I don't see it happening. If I am assigning blame I'd assign present and future blame to the Democratic Party.
They just needed a couple of votes for voting rights, and they couldn't figure out a way to do it even given a win at all costs dynamic. To me, that looked like the end of their short term chances.

Somewhat worried because the GOP have several advantages going in. More worried about the massive and sustained attacks on human rights that inevitably follow when Republicans gain power...

I won't vote as I am a republican but it seems to me people are a stupid as ever so I expect the Trumpists to get lots of nuts elected at the expense of the dems.

I am a moderate. The problem is that moderates don't get through the gauntlet of the primaries, Biden is a moderate and I believe he only won against Trump because he was a moderate.

The Democrats should have moved to the center.

Please only vote if you are, by and large, a Democratic Party voter. Poll is public.

Are you worried that the Democratic Party won't fare well in the midterm elections? Please vote and discuss below.

I see no way Democrats keep the Senate. Republicans need only one more seat and the party has been throwing money at Joe Manchin. who is a Democrat in name only.

I chose "very worried" because no matter what happens on the other side of Congress, Mitch McConnell will kill everything Democrats want.

If we lose, it depends on how we lose.

If we lose because of GOP interference, then there will be a problem.

Are you worried that the Democratic Party won't fair well in the midterm elections? Please vote and discuss below.

Sure, I've lived long enough to see the incredible damage the GOP can do with power.

If we lose, it depends on how we lose.

If we lose because of GOP interference, then there will be a problem.

What are you going to do

Can't get the simplest voter rights bill through congress.

The right owns the Supreme Court.

We can protest but that is pretty ineffective.

We could start an insurection but that didn't work out too well for the republicans.

All we can do is hope more Americans wake up and see what the republicans actually do.

Or wait for all these trumpers to die and demographic changes take their power from them

The Democrats should have moved to the center.

They should have more balls. A lot more balls.

For the most part, Biden has done the best that he can with the shit hand he was dealt. For starters, I would like for him to be stronger with members of his own party.

I believe that many Democrats want Biden to do a bit of inter-party butt kicking. Real and former Republicans - not the Trumpers and Q people - want to see a party with strong leadership, maturity and character. They want to see it at multi-levels.

Mid-terms and 2024 may well be for all the marbles for a very long time. Democrats must act like it, believe it and convey the strength, maturity and character to the masses.

They should have more balls. A lot more balls.

For the most part, Biden has done the best that he can with the shit hand he was dealt. For starters, I would like for him to be stronger with members of his own party.

I believe that many Democrats want Biden to do a bit of inter-party butt kicking. Real and former Republicans - not the Trumpers and Q people - want to see a party with strong leadership, maturity and character. They want to see it at multi-levels.

Mid-terms and 2024 may well be for all the marbles for a very long time. Democrats must act like it, believe it and convey the strength, maturity and character to the masses.
The problem is that moderate Republicans do not support Biden so he can fend off the radical left.

Not a voter so didn't poll. However, I am certain the Dems will lose the House, less certain about the Senate. Upsideis the GOP will yet again show they are incapable of governance and it will be a political s *** show leading up to 2024. That said the Dems need to get their collective act together.

I saw a recent yougov poll with Biden 8 points ahead of Trump for 2024...which explains why the GOP and their paid shills and minions are bringing up the Hunter Biden fake news story again. They will bring back anti Fauci conspiracy theories soon as well. Its how they roll.

Please only vote if you are, by and large, a Democratic Party voter. Poll is public.

If you need some reading material on the topic --- https://www.google.com/search?q=mid...0j0i22i30l5.4809j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Are you worried that the Democratic Party won't fair well in the midterm elections? Please vote and discuss below.
I think the most likely outcome is that Republicans take control of both houses of Congress. I wouldn't say I'm "worried" though. This seems like a fairly low-stakes midterm election, because regardless of who wins, the most likely outcome is two more years of legislative gridlock and paralysis. As long as Republicans don't do anything stupid like shut down the government or play chicken with the debt ceiling, America will be fine, more or less.

What I see is unsatisfactory attempts to gloss over the looming beat down as a typical mid term and that there’s nothing to see here relative to the fact 60% of Americans think Biden is doing a poor job. That’s why.

What I see is unsatisfactory attempts to gloss over the looming beat down as a typical mid term and that there’s nothing to see here relative to the fact 60% of Americans think Biden is doing a poor job. That’s why.
Meh. An incumbent president with mediocre approval numbers will probably cost his party some seats in the midterm election. Seems like a pretty typical midterm to me.

Back
Top Bottom