• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dem congressman warns removing Trump is 'bad politics,' predicts Nikki Haley as GOP nominee in 2020

Read the next line after the bold: "I just think it could be bad politics.”
It's as though you don't know basic reading comprehension. Is that a requirement to be a die-hard Trump supporter? He agrees it could be bad politics (given that it's obviously never going to be bi-partisan).
He's over-thinking it. He should support the chosen Democratic strategy, because it's right. He should stop over-analyzing it and support them, without reservation, politically, because he's a politician...and the Democratic strategy is Constitutional, entirely appropriate, ethical, and reasonable.
He isn't over thinking it. He just understands it's bad for politic and is getting worried. There are cracks developing in the Democrats dam. When the rest of this clown show develops with the clown master himself Naddler the dam will burst.

she can and probably would. she needs to stay out of this mess if she wants to make a run in 2024.
She should in no way attach herself to trump in any way at this point. if she does then she will be
smeared more so than what she already will be by the inclusive tolerant leftist party.

Nor should she join the never-Trumpers Mitt Romney team. Rather, she needs to find other ways after the 2020 election to stay in the spotlight now and then. A person can be politically forgotten over half a century of no publicity.

If she runs she will be smeared 24/7 no matter what she does nor doesn't do since Democratic, MSM, press and internet attacks against Republicans usually have no relationship to facts to begin with.

Nor should she join the never-Trumpers Mitt Romney team. Rather, she needs to find other ways after the 2020 election to stay in the spotlight now and then. A person can be politically forgotten over half a century of no publicity.

If she runs she will be smeared 24/7 no matter what she does nor doesn't do since Democratic, MSM, press and internet attacks against Republicans usually have no relationship to facts to begin with.

I think she will be politically relevant but stay out of the way.

He isn't over thinking it. He just understands it's bad for politic and is getting worried. There are cracks developing in the Democrats dam. When the rest of this clown show develops with the clown master himself Naddler the dam will burst.

Such as 2 polls now showing over 30% of blacks support Trump for how radically the Democratic Party has thrown blacks and formerly predominately black neighborhoods under the Democratic Party's and super rich corporations Latino illegal immigrants buses driving up rental prices and taking local jobs, while supporting Chinese and other foreign child labor sweatshops to eliminate their jobs and minimize their wages poise an enormous survival risk to the new corporate-fascist progressive Democratic Party.

Your posts are so depressingly stupid, it's hard to know if you're trolling or you believe the nonsense you write.
In the case you believe it, I will remind you as I just had to remind another incorrect Trump defender, that "innocent until proven guilty"
1. has to do with conviction or plea, to criminal charges.
Trump cannot be charged with federal crimes as POTUS, so that's irrelevant.

2. Impeachment is not a fair criminal process, the jury in this case is stacked in favor of POTUS, has conflicting interests, has been tampered with by POTUS (campaign funds and attacks if they oppose him), etc. It's nothing even close to fair.

3. If we did use an analogy to the criminal justice system, we're in the INVESTIGATION phase ludin.
The investigation phase typically requires "credible allegation of wrongdoing or reasonable basis to believe an American has engaged in [wrongdoing].
We had that with the IG-backed whistle-blower account. Oops on you.

4. Next, since you don't appear to understand America, would be the decision to indict/charge, and this standard is "probable cause". Once again, NOT innocent until proven guilty...that's nonsensical as related to investigations or indictment/charges.

5. in the *TRIAL* phase, he will either be punished or not by the Senate. And since this is political and not a fair/just setup, most everyone believes Republicans will not impeach Trump purely for partisan political reasons, not because of anything to do with evidence...lol. As if. they deny reality/evidence every day Trump is in office, everyone knows it.

Yes, most of understand the new International Fascist Democratic Party and their progressive (a code word for fascists) demand elimination of the Bill of Rights and Constitution in favor of a federal police state in which all political and economic opponents are summarily guilty of any crime they are accused of unless the person can prove they are absolutely innocent. However, claiming you are innocent is also considered proof of guilt.

The Democratic Party has always been a seditious party of anarchy, war, and destruction with the perpetual goal of destroying the United States including our system of government, Bill of Rights, Constitutional government, private enterprise, personal choice, freedom of speech and freedom of religion. More Americans have been murdered in war by American Democrats than either world war and from day 1 to this day the Democratic Party is the party of slavery and racism at its very core.

Dem congressman warns removing Trump is '''bad politics,''' predicts Nikki Haley as GOP nominee in 2020 | Fox News

A Democratic congressman warned his colleagues on Monday that removing President Trump may be "bad politics" and predicted that Republicans would nominate former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations ambassador Nikki Haley in 2020.

Rep. John Yarmuth, D-Ky., was asked on "CNN Newsroom" about remarks he made last month in which he said: "It's probably not a good thing to get rid of him [Trump]" despite his strong belief that the president should be impeached and removed.

"I do think that it's the right thing to do to remove him from office. I believe he is an imminent danger to this country and to our democracy, but I was saying that the political consequences may not be very good for the Democrats," Yarmuth explained.

Yarmuth then made a bold prediction that the GOP would not proceed with Vice President Mike Pence as the presumptive nominee if the Senate did take the unlikely step of voting to remove Trump from office.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like some Democrat Congressmen are starting to get nervous.

Why would Haley being the nominee be an issue? She isn't Trump. I don't care if she runs...she should....You would be much better off with her than Trump

Dem congressman warns removing Trump is '''bad politics,''' predicts Nikki Haley as GOP nominee in 2020 | Fox News

A Democratic congressman warned his colleagues on Monday that removing President Trump may be "bad politics" and predicted that Republicans would nominate former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations ambassador Nikki Haley in 2020.

Rep. John Yarmuth, D-Ky., was asked on "CNN Newsroom" about remarks he made last month in which he said: "It's probably not a good thing to get rid of him [Trump]" despite his strong belief that the president should be impeached and removed.

"I do think that it's the right thing to do to remove him from office. I believe he is an imminent danger to this country and to our democracy, but I was saying that the political consequences may not be very good for the Democrats," Yarmuth explained.

Yarmuth then made a bold prediction that the GOP would not proceed with Vice President Mike Pence as the presumptive nominee if the Senate did take the unlikely step of voting to remove Trump from office.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting observations.

Nikki Haley is obviously auditioning for the job.

The GOP will want to dump Pence as fast as they can,

But the mechanics of that may be an issue if the impeachment goes too far into Primary season. Which appears to be a virtual certainty.

He didn’t sound worried to me.

Why would Haley being the nominee be an issue? She isn't Trump. I don't care if she runs...she should....You would be much better off with her than Trump
She isn't going to run against Trump. She has already said so.

We shouldn't impeach Trump for his dozens of impeachable acts as POTUS, because we don't want Nicky Hailey as POTUS?
Sounds absurd.

"I do think that it's the right thing to do to remove him from office. I believe he is an imminent danger to this country and to our democracy.
He later said: “I don’t think this is about politics and I don’t think we should consider politics," Yarmuth said. "I just think it could be bad politics.”

That's more appropriate. Nicky Hailey would be good for politics and the nation, as compared to Trump.
Trump removed from office has a high 99.99% probability of being good for the nation and politics.

Maybe he thinks we're a nation of partisans. We're not. Presidents are supposed to serve all Americans...Democrats, Republicans, and the rest. I suspect Nicky would fulfill that far more effectively than Trump, while also not being so deplorable as a leader, so corrupt, and such a danger to the nation. Politically if Trump is removed, the nation...including Democrats, benefit greatly. So do Republicans, even if they don't understand it.

I don't know where you live..Maybe Mexico? California? I can tell you that things are going extremely well where I am at. The dollar is strong, the economy is strong, the military is strong, this nation is the strongest it has ever been.

Maybe you have just been brainwashed.

We shouldn't impeach Trump for his dozens of impeachable acts as POTUS, because we don't want Nicky Hailey as POTUS?
Sounds absurd.

"I do think that it's the right thing to do to remove him from office. I believe he is an imminent danger to this country and to our democracy.
He later said: “I don’t think this is about politics and I don’t think we should consider politics," Yarmuth said. "I just think it could be bad politics.”

That's more appropriate. Nicky Hailey would be good for politics and the nation, as compared to Trump.
Trump removed from office has a high 99.99% probability of being good for the nation and politics.

Maybe he thinks we're a nation of partisans. We're not. Presidents are supposed to serve all Americans...Democrats, Republicans, and the rest. I suspect Nicky would fulfill that far more effectively than Trump, while also not being so deplorable as a leader, so corrupt, and such a danger to the nation. Politically if Trump is removed, the nation...including Democrats, benefit greatly. So do Republicans, even if they don't understand it.

That bolded bit right there is about where you lost me. We are absolutely a nation of uninformed, spiteful little partisan fools.

You seem to be missing one important aspect of this process. The republicans are no where near voting to remove Trump from office. So the democrats will look partisan as they have for the past 3 years. Yes, some will say the republicans are protecting Trump and are partisan as well but the democrats have been at this since the day after Trump was elected and voters see it.

She isn't going to run against Trump. She has already said so.

Wouldn't matter if she wanted to anyways as the GOP has closed off any competition from within the GOP from being able to primary against Trump before the primaries have even begun.

Wouldn't matter if she wanted to anyways as the GOP has closed off any competition from within the GOP from being able to primary against Trump before the primaries have even begun.
She could run 3rd party.

She could run 3rd party.

But not within the party to which she belongs? Why? How is this not worse than the complaints that the DNC was stacking the scale against Bernie? At the very least he got the opportunity to run. Which is more than the RNC is apparently willing to grant anyone.

Lies. There is no standard to which you or 90% of Trump supporters will hold Trump to account. There is zero evidence there is, on any issue, throughout this 3 years.
Acting like there is, and we just "have to reach it", is an obvious lie.

Trump would have been long gone had he been anything other than a sitting POTUS. Even a representative would have been forced out long ago. And god forbid, a chairman of a board of a major corporation...he'd have been drummed out after a few months.

So says your opinion. Too bad an opinion is mostly all the lot of you have at this point.
I've literally chased almost a dozen of your camp, just by asking the question of what the president did to deserve getting impeached. That, or the lot of you start frothing at the mouth and it takes little days for either of you to calm down.

This whole quid pro quo argument is much of the same that we've seen over the last three years. Just bluster and noise from the anti-Trump camp, and nothing more.

Yes, but republicans have declared there is no valid reason to remove Trump.

There are, I should think, at least two ways of approaching the possible impeachment of President of the United States of America Donald Trump. The first, noted in the topic line of this thread, is whether it's good or bad for this or that political party. The second, and arguably the more important, is whether it is good or bad for the country.

The same final answer may not obtain for the two viewpoints.

let's find some "bad Rich persons" and inform them, it may be their turn in public office.

That bolded bit right there is about where you lost me. We are absolutely a nation of uninformed, spiteful little partisan fools.
I completely see how that's ambiguous. I noticed it could be interpreted either way too, but I wrote it for a reason.

What I refer to there is the quote "we're a nation of laws not men". The rest of the sentence goes on to explain a little more, that as a nation of laws, removing POTUS is not about partisanship, it's about what's right. Accepting Nicky Hailey as a result of doing the lawful thing and removing POTUS, would be acceptable for the reason that its the law that matters, not that we'll "still end up with a Republican". That we still get a Republican person doesn't matter, only that Trump his held to account based on his actions that violate the Constitution.

Just as the original phrase was not "we *should* be a nation of laws, and not men, I didn't caveat it either. It should be self-evident why we put laws above individuals, and not vice-versa. But as a matter of just reading that, I agree, it's ambiguous without further context. If the nation cannot make non-partisan decisions, while still supporting generally one party over another, then its designed to fail. We can choose to ensure it doesn't, but with right wing alternative "facts" taking up 50% of the oxygen, it's difficult and can easily become impossible.

It sounds like a test balloon they are floating, trying to find the best exit ramp when they need to give people an explination for NOT impeaching.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Essentially the Democrats and the Media are building an excuse for not impeaching Trump that is eerily similar to their reasoning for supporting Trump in the RNC primaries... they think their is no way they can lose to him.

The Senate has stated then will not convict Trump regardless of evidence.

Back
Top Bottom