• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Delay's Move For Favorable Judge Backfires

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
First, Delay gets Judge Perkins booted as judge, claiming that his ties to the Democrats gave an appearance of bias. Taking a page from Delay's playbook, Earle got Shraub to withdraw because of his donations to Republicans.

Here is where it gets interesting. The judge that Shraub got to take over to appoint a judge for Delay's trial has all kinds of ties to Delay, jack Abramoff, and the Republican party, but guess what? He appointed another Democratic judge to preside over Delay's trial. Are you confused yet? LOL.

Truth is, any one of the booted judges, Perkins or Shraub would have given Delay a fair trial. After the silly theatrics by Delay, and the petty countermove by Earle, we are back to square one. Delay gets a Democrat for a judge, and you know what? Just like Perkins or Shraub, he is also a professional, and will do his job well. So now, with this bit of silly political gamesmanship out of the way, let the trial begin. The wheels of justice are once again moving.

Article is here.

If DeLay is smart, he'll take a Democratic judge so that when he is convicted (which appears to be likely) he can claim a "liberal witch hunt."

If he's convicted by a conservative... well he's just plain screwed then.

He better stick with the Democratic judge. At least then he has someone to blame besides himself.

Alastor said:
If DeLay is smart, he'll take a Democratic judge so that when he is convicted (which appears to be likely) he can claim a "liberal witch hunt."

If he's convicted by a conservative... well he's just plain screwed then.

He better stick with the Democratic judge. At least then he has someone to blame besides himself.
Even if he was convicted by a conservative judge he would still scream "liberal witch hunt" and moan and groan like usual.

The Chief Justice of the Texas Supreme Court who is a Republican appointed a retired judge who was a democrat to handle the case.................Although a dem he is suppose to be fair and impartial........Delay is happy with the selection and wants to get it on and clear his name from these trumped up charges..........

Delay in Saipan:

This Delay story sickens me. It's so anti-American and Anti-Christian. Saipan aka The Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands has a min wage of $1.30 an hour, uses forced prostitution and forced abortion on it's workers, some as young as 14. The workers are locked in their housing units which often have contaminated water and no toilets. The people of Saipan are citizens of the US. Their products are allowed to say "Made in the USA" :hm and are used by many American businesses including Walmart. Delay has promised to kill any bill to clean this up. His buddy Jack Abramoff has made over 7 million in Saipan.

The DeLay trip to the South Pacific island, originally reported by a "20/20" investigation, was part of an effort by former aide Jack Abramoff to stop legislation aimed at cracking down on sweatshops and sex shops in the American territory, which is known as the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.

You represent everything that is good about what we are trying to do in America," DeLay said at the time to his audience, which included Saipan officials and factory owners.

Do you know what Tom told me?" Willie Tan said. "He said, 'Willie, if they elect me majority whip, I make the schedule of the Congress, and I'm not going to put it on the schedule.' So Tom told me, 'Forget it, Willie. No chance.' "

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/Investigation/story?id=647725&page=1

Back
Top Bottom